Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Bruna Pellini, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Thoracic Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Lung Cancer , Mesothelioma , Pancoast Tumor , Thymoma
Dr. Pellini earned her MD from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine in Orlando and, subsequently, a Medical Oncology Fellowship in the Department of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Pellini specializes in the care of patients diagnosed with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. Her research interest lies in the development of biomarkers for lung cancer detection and therapy monitoring. Her primary focus is implementing circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) into clinical trials of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer to assess the role of ctDNA as a biomarker to measure minimal residual disease (MRD) and to guide personalized treatment.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine - Medical Oncology
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Faculdade de Medicina, Brazil
CLINICAL TRIAL 20373
TH-138: Phase II Randomized Trial of Carboplatin + Pemetrexed + Bevacizumab, With or Without Atezolizumab in Stage IV Non-Squamous NSCLC Patients who Harbor a Sensitizing EGFR Mutation or Have Never Smoked
Intervention: Alimta (Pemetrexed); Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Avastin (Bevacizumab); Bevacizumab (); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Pemetrexed (); carboplatin ()
- Pellini B, Szymanski J, Chin RI, Jones PA, Chaudhuri AA. Liquid Biopsies Using Circulating Tumor DNA in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Thorac Surg Clin. 2020 May.30(2):165-177. Pubmedid: 32327175.
- Chaudhuri AA, Pellini B, Pejovic N, Chauhan PS, Harris PK, Szymanski JJ, Smith ZL, Arora VK. Emerging Roles of Urine-Based Tumor DNA Analysis in Bladder Cancer Management. JCO Precis Oncol. 2020 Jul.4. Pubmedid: 32923907. Pmcid: PMC7448529.
- Jacobs MT, Olson M, Ferreira BP, Jin R, Hachem R, Byers D, Witt C, Ghobadi A, DiPersio JF, Pusic I. The use of ruxolitinib for acute graft-versus-host disease developing after solid organ transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2020 Feb.20(2):589-592. Pubmedid: 31446673.
- Pellini Ferreira B, Vasquez J, Carilli A. Metastatic Hepatoid Carcinoma of the Pancreas: First Description of Treatment With Capecitabine and Temozolomide. Am J Med Sci. 2017 Jun.353(6):610-612. Pubmedid: 28641727.
- Pellini Ferreira B, Redman M, Baker KK, Martins R, Eaton KD, Chow LQM, Baik CS, Goulart B, Lee SM, Santana-Davila R, Rodriguez CP. Predictors of outcome with cetuximab and paclitaxel for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 2017 Jul.127(7):1583-1588. Pubmedid: 27905113.
- Uchôa Dde M, Graudenz MS, Callegari-Jacques SM, Hartmann CR, Ferreira BP, Fitarelli-Kiehl M, Edelweiss MI. Expression of cancer stem cell markers in basal and penta-negative breast carcinomas--a study of a series of triple-negative tumors. Pathol Res Pract. 2014 Jul.210(7):432-439. Pubmedid: 24726267.
- Ferreira BP, Rodler ET, Loggers ET, Pollack SM, Jones RL. Systemic therapy in primary angiosarcoma of the spleen. Rare Tumors. 2012 Oct.4(4):e55. Pubmedid: 23372919. Pmcid: PMC3557569.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.