Find a Doctor
George Yang, MD
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Program: Radiation Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Head and Neck Cancer , Oral Cavity or Throat Cancer , Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Throat Cancer, Thyroid Cancer , Tongue Cancer
Dr. George Yang is an Assistant Member in the Section of Head and Neck and Endocrine Oncology in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Yang received his MD from the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine. He completed a Radiation Oncology Residency at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Yang’s clinical interests focus on the use of radiotherapy techniques such as intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) to treat patients with head/neck and endocrine cancers. His research interests focus on the use of multi-modality therapy, including radiation therapy, in the treatment of locally advanced and recurrent head and neck cancers. He is also developing clinical trials in the pursuit of personalizing radiation therapy as part of the Departmental FORT (Future of Radiation Therapy) research program. He is also joining the Moffitt community-based site in the new Wesley Chapel center when it opens in early 2021.
Education & Training
- Frazer ML, Yang G, Felder S, McDonald J, Sanchez J, Dessureault S, Imanirad I, Carballido E, Kim RD, Hoffe SE, Frakes JM. Determining Optimal Follow-up for Patients With Anal Cancer Following Chemoradiation. Am J Clin Oncol. 2020 May.43(5):319-324. Pubmedid: 32028341.
- Yang GQ, Harrison LB. A Hard Target Needs a Sharper DaRT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 May.107(1):152-153. Pubmedid: 32277913.
- Yuan Z, Yang GQ, Ahmed KA, Torres-Roca JF, Spiess PE, Johnstone PA. Radiation therapy in the management of the inguinal region in penile cancer: What's the evidence?. Urol Oncol. 2020 May. Pubmedid: 32482510.
- Parekh AD, Culbert MM, Brower JV, Yang GQ, Golden DW, Amdur RJ. Nonclinical Time in U.S. Radiation Oncology Residency Programs: Number of Months and Resident Opinion of Value. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Mar.106(4):683-689. Pubmedid: 32092341.
- Yang G, Mills M, Kim Y, Figura NB, Doyle C, Oliver D, Grass GD, Robinson T, Chavez J, Kim S. Enhancement of the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) with lymphopenia (FLIPI-L): a predictor for overall survival and histologic transformation. Blood Cancer J. 2020 Jan.9(12):104. Pubmedid: 31894139. Pmcid: PMC6938796.
- Palm RF, Oliver DE, Yang GQ, Abuodeh Y, Naghavi AO, Johnstone PAS. The role of dose escalation and proton therapy in perioperative or definitive treatment of chondrosarcoma and chordoma: An analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. Cancer. 2019 Feb.125(4):642-651. Pubmedid: 30644538.
- Naghavi AO, Kim Y, Yang GQ, Ahmed KA, Caudell JJ. Alterations in genetic pathways following radiotherapy for head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2019 Dec.42(2):312-320. Pubmedid: 31833149.
- Mills MN, Yang GQ, Oliver DE, Liveringhouse CL, Ahmed KA, Orman AG, Laronga C, Hoover SJ, Khakpour N, Costa RLB, Diaz R. Histologic heterogeneity of triple negative breast cancer: A National Cancer Centre Database analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2018 Jul.98:48-58. Pubmedid: 29870876.
- Oliver DE, Donnelly OG, Grass GD, Naghavi AO, Yang GQ, Dilling TJ, Perez BA. Extracranial metastatic burden in extensive-stage small cell lung cancer: implications for prophylactic cranial irradiation. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Jul.10(7):4321-4327. Pubmedid: 30174879. Pmcid: PMC6106034.
- Yang GQ, Mhaskar R, Rishi A, Naghavi AO, Frakes JM, Almhanna K, Fontaine J, Pimiento JM, Hoffe SE. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy at high-volume centers improves survival in patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma receiving trimodality therapy. Dis Esophagus. 2018 Dec.32(8). Pubmedid: 30597022.
- Yuan Z, Fromm A, Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Yang GQ, Oliver DE, Dilling TJ, Antonia SJ, Perez BA. Radiotherapy Rescue of a Nivolumab-Refractory Immune Response in a Patient with PD-L1-Negative Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2017 Sep;12(9):e135-e136. Pubmedid: 28502722.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.