Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Cesar Lam, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Lam received his MD degree from the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. He completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency and a Body Imaging Fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, WI. His clinical interests are centered on abdominal imaging and clinical informatics.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospital - Body imaging
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospital - Diagnostic Radiology
- Miller School of Medicine University of Miami - MD
- Hernandez-Prera J, Valderrabano P, Creed J, de la Iglesia JV, Slebos R, Centeno BA, Tarasova V, Hallanger-Johnson J, Veloski C, Otto KJ, Wenig BM, Yoder S, Lam C, Park DS, Anderson AR, Raghunand N, Berglund A, Caudell J, Gerke TA, Chung CH. Molecular Determinants of Thyroid Nodules with Indeterminate Cytology and RAS Mutations. Thyroid. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 32689909.
- Lam CA, McGettigan MJ, Thompson ZJ, Khazai L, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B, Valderrabano P. Ultrasound characterization for thyroid nodules with indeterminate cytology: inter-observer agreement and impact of combining pattern-based and scoring-based classifications in risk stratification. Endocrine. 2019 Nov.66(2):278-287. Pubmedid: 31300961.
- Sabesan A, Felder S, Feuerlein S, Lam C, McGettigan M, Powers BD, Dessureault S, Dineen SP. Preoperative Radiographic Assessment Predicts Incomplete Cytoreduction in Patients with Low Grade Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Appendix. Ann Surg Oncol. 2019 Aug.27(1):165-170. Pubmedid: 31388776.
- Valderrabano P, McGettigan MJ, Lam C, Khazai L, Thompson ZJ, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B. Thyroid Nodules with Indeterminate Cytology: Utility of the American Thyroid Association Sonographic Patterns for Cancer Risk Stratification. Thyroid. 2018 Aug.28(8):1004-1012. Pubmedid: 29848195. Pmcid: PMC6916126.
- Abdelkader A, Lam CA, Shahir KS, Christians K, Suster SM. Retroperitoneal lymphangioleiomyoma with lymph node involvement: A pathologic-radiologic correlation of a rare form of myomelanocytic tumor. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2017 Apr.27:69-73. Pubmedid: 28325364.
- Budovec JJ, Lam CA, Kahn CE. Informatics in radiology: radiology gamuts ontology: differential diagnosis for the Semantic Web. Radiographics. 2014 Jan.34(1):254-264. Pubmedid: 24428295.
- Shahir K, Goodman LR, Lam CA, Midia EC. Dose reduction of 69% for computed tomography pulmonary angiography: reduced z-axis computed tomography pulmonary angiography retains accuracy in those younger than 40 years. J Comput Assist Tomo. 2013 Sep.37(5):765-769. Pubmedid: 24045255.
- Wong F, Franco Z, Phelan MB, Lam C, David A. Development of a pilot family medicine hand-carried ultrasound course. WMJ. 2013 Dec.112(6):257-261. Pubmedid: 24511866.
- Kahn CE, Kalpathy-Cramer J, Lam CA, Eldredge CE. Accurate determination of imaging modality using an ensemble of text- and image-based classifiers. J Digit Imaging. 2012 Feb.25(1):37-42. Pubmedid: 21748413. Pmcid: PMC3264729.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.