Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Patel received her medical degree from Emory University. In 2012 she completed an Anesthesiology Residency at the University of Florida. Dr. Patel most recently completed a Fellowship in the Department of Anesthesiology at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Her clinical interests are in regional anesthesia and acute pain.
Education & Training
- Hospital for Special Surgery - Anesthesia
- NIH - Intramural Research
- University of Florida -
- Emory University School of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Patel SY, Edwards DA, Boulware DC, Serdiuk A, Cook SJ, Benson K, Rice MJ. A novel approach to improving efficiency and cost saving in preoperative blood preparation. Transfusion. 2017 Sep. Pubmedid: 28940392.
- Evans T, Patel S. Two Consecutive Preoperative Cardiac Arrests Involving Vancomycin in a Patient Presenting for Hip Disarticulation: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Nov;9(9):262-264. Pubmedid: 28622151.
- Chipollini JJ, Tang DH, Patel SY, Garcia-Getting RE, Gilbert SM, Pow-Sang JM, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Perioperative Transfusion of Leukocyte-depleted Blood Products in Contemporary Radical Cystectomy Cohort Does Not Adversely Impact Short-term Survival. Urology. 2017 May;103:142-148. Pubmedid: 28011275.
- Groshev A, Padalia D, Patel S, Garcia-Getting R, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Vrionis FD, Etame AB. Clinical outcomes from maximum-safe resection of primary and metastatic brain tumors using awake craniotomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Jun;157:25-30. Pubmedid: 28384595.
- Chipollini J, Tang DH, Hussein K, Patel SY, Garcia-Getting RE, Pow-Sang JM, Gilbert SM, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Does Implementing an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocol Increase Hospital Charges? Comparisons From a Radical Cystectomy Program at a Specialty Cancer Center. Urology. 2017 Jul;105:108-112. Pubmedid: 28342928.
- Patel S, Hafez O, Sexton WJ, Edwards DA. Perioperative Management of a Patient With an Intrathecal Drug Delivery Device Infusing Ziconotide: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Feb;8(4):78-80. Pubmedid: 28195861.
- Patel SY, Evans RM, Garcia Getting RE, Suz P. Pectoral Nerve and Transverse Abdominis Plane Block in a Patient Undergoing Mastectomy With Transverse Rectus Abdominis Muscle Flap: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Apr;8(8):210-212. Pubmedid: 28118214.
- Patel S, Hafez O, Sexton WJ, Edwards DA. Perioperative Management of a Patient With an Intrathecal Drug Delivery Device Infusing Ziconotide. A A Case Rep. 2016 Dec. Pubmedid: 27941483.
- Alvarellos ML, McDonagh EM, Patel S, McLeod HL, Altman RB, Klein TE. PharmGKB summary: succinylcholine pathway, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2015 Dec;25(12):622-630. Pubmedid: 26398623. Pmcid: PMC4631707.
- Kaazempur-Mofrad MR, Younis HF, Patel S, Isasi AG, Chung C, Chan RC, Hinton DP, Lee RT, Kamm RD. Cyclic Strain in Human Carotid Bifurcation and its Potential Correlation to Atherogenesis: Idealized and Anatomically-Realistic Models. J Eng Math. 2003;47(3-4):299-314.
- Williamson SD, Lam Y, Younis HF, Huang H, Patel S, Kaazempur-Mofrad MR, Kamm RD. On the Sensitivity of Wall Stresses in Diseased Arteries to Variable Material Properties. J Biomech Eng. 2003;125(1):147-155.