Find a Doctor
Shannon Falcon, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Falcon received her medical degree from the University of South Florida, Morsani School of Medicine in 2006. She continued training at the University of South Florida by completing a diagnostic radiology residency in 2011 followed by a 1-year breast imaging fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center in 2012. Shortly after completing her fellowship, she joined the breast imaging team. Dr. Falcon’s clinical focus is in the multi-modality imaging approach to breast cancer detection and management and she values the physician-patient relationship built during the process.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Breast Imaging
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Falcon S, Weinfurtner RJ, Mooney B, Niell BL. SAVI SCOUT® localization of breast lesions as a practical alternative to wires: Outcomes and suggestions for trouble-shooting. Clin Imaging. 2019 Jan;52:280-286. Pubmedid: 30193186.
- Funaro K, Drukteinis J, Falcon S. Screening Mammography and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis: Controversies. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):607-613. Pubmedid: 28973699.
- Falcon S, Williams A, Weinfurtner J, Drukteinis JS. Imaging Management of Breast Density, a Controversial Risk Factor for Breast Cancer. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):125-136. Pubmedid: 28441367.
- Kamat L, Rosa M, Weinfurtner R, Drukteinis J, Falcon S, Patel B. Primary Breast Angiosarcoma in a Male. Breast J. 2016 Jun;21(5):545-548. Pubmedid: 26183811.
- Khazai L, Falcon S, Rosa M. Metastatic Salivary Duct Carcinoma to the Breast. Breast J. 2016 Jul;22(4):461-463. Pubmedid: 27089239.
- Patel BK, Falcon S, Drukteinis JS. The Reply. Am J Med. 2015 Sep;128(9):e31. Pubmedid: 26319664.
- Weinfurtner RJ, Patel B, Laronga C, Lee MC, Falcon SL, Mooney BP, Yue B, Drukteinis JS. Magnetic resonance imaging-guided core needle breast biopsies resulting in high-risk histopathologic findings: upstage frequency and lesion characteristics. Clin Breast Cancer. 2015 Jun;15(3):234-239. Pubmedid: 25579460.
- Patel BK, Falcon S, Drukteinis J. Management of nipple discharge and the associated imaging findings. Am J Med. 2015 Apr;128(4):353-360. Pubmedid: 25447625.
- Adams MC, Falcon S, Mooney BP, Laronga C, Chau A, Drukteinis JS. Short-term imaging follow-up of patients with concordant benign breast core needle biopsies: is it really worth it?. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2014 Nov;20(6):464-469. Pubmedid: 25205024. Pmcid: PMC4463290.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.