David M. Joyce, MD
Dr. David Joyce is a Clinical Instructor in the Sarcoma Department. Dr. Joyce earned his MD degree from Case Western Reserve University, Case School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He completed an Orthopaedic Residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio and an Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee. He most recently completed a Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Joyce’s clinical interests include bone and soft tissue sarcoma in the pelvis and extremities, limb salvage surgery, pelvic bone resection and reconstruction, metastatic bone disease and pathologic fracture, basic fracture care, primary and revision total hip and knee arthroplasty, and other adult reconstructive procedures unique in cancer patients. His research interests include endoprosthetic reconstruction after tumor resection, metastatic bone treatment, and technology and computer-assisted resection and reconstruction.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Vanderbilt University - Orthopaedic Trauma
- Mofftt Cancer Center - Orthopaedic Oncology
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation - Orthopaedics
- Case Western Reserve University: Case School of Medicine - MD
- Mesko NW, Joyce DM, Ilaslan H, Joyce MJ. Creating an Intraoperative MRI Suite for the Musculoskeletal Tumor Center. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016 Jun;474(6):1516-1522. Pubmedid: 26183844. Pmcid: PMC4868174.
- Sathiyakumar V, Shi H, Thakore RV, Lee YM, Joyce D, Ehrenfeld J, Obremskey WT, Sethi MK. Isolated sacral injuries: Postoperative length of stay, complications, and readmission. World J Orthop. 2015 Sep;6(8):629-635. Pubmedid: 26396939. Pmcid: PMC4573507.
- Thakore RV, Greenberg SE, Sathiyakumar V, Prablek MA, Elmashat D, Hinson JK, Joyce D, Obremskey WT, Sethi MK. Asking for the 22-modifier in isolated ankle fractures: does the operative note make the case?. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Nov;54(2):192-197. Pubmedid: 25242207.
- Joyce DM, Klika AK, Mutnal A, Krebs V, Molloy R, Knothe U, Barsoum WK. Prospective randomised evaluation of a collagen/thrombin and autologous platelet haemostatic agent during cementless total hip arthroplasty. Blood Transfus. 2015 Jul;13(3):455-463. Pubmedid: 26057484. Pmcid: PMC4614299.
- Greenberg SE, Ihejirika RC, Sathiyakumar V, Lang MF, Estevez-Ordonez D, Prablek MA, Chern AY, Thakore RV, Obremskey WT, Joyce D, Sethi MK. Ankle Fractures and Modality of Hospital Transport at a Single Level 1 Trauma Center: Does Transport by Helicopter or Ground Ambulance Influence the Incidence of Complications?. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Apr;54(5):826-829. Pubmedid: 25840759.