Find a Doctor
Valentina D. Tarasova, MD
Program: Endocrine Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Adrenal Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine Tumor , Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Tarasova received her MD at Kubansky State Medical University. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Yale New Haven Hospital, Saint Raphael Campus, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT and an Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship at the University of Omaha, NE. Most recently, Dr. Tarasova has completed a Thyroid Cancer Fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Tarasova’s clinical interests include thyroid neoplasm, particularly diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of thyroid carcinoma (from low risk to advanced progressive forms of thyroid cancer). Her research interests include the role of molecular markers in diagnosing and determining the prognosis of thyroid neoplasm, risk stratification of patients with thyroid cancer and developing tools to estimate the prognosis and determine the management of patients with thyroid cancer.
Education & Training
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
- Creighton University - Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Thyroid Cancer
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Kubansky State Medical University - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19442
Adaptive Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy In Patients With Advanced Progressive Thyroid Cancer
Intervention: BAY 43-9006 (Sorafenib); Cabozantinib (XL 184); E7080 (Lenvatinib); Lenvatinib (Lenvima); Sorafenib; Vandetanib
- Valderrabano P, Khazai L, Thompson ZJ, Sharpe SC, Tarasova VD, Otto KJ, Hallanger-Johnson JE, Wadsworth JT, Wenig BM, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B. Cancer Risk Associated with Nuclear Atypia in Cytologically Indeterminate Thyroid Nodules: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Thyroid. 2018 Feb;28(2):210-219. Pubmedid: 29160163.
- Tarasova VD, Tuttle RM. Current Management of Low Risk Differentiated Thyroid Cancer and Papillary Microcarcinoma. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2017 May;29(5):290-297. Pubmedid: 28087101.
- Tarasova VD, Tuttle RM. A Risk-adapted Approach to Follow-up in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Rambam Maimonides Med J. 2016 Jan;7(1). Pubmedid: 26886955. Pmcid: PMC4737510.
- Shah KK, Tarasova V, Davidian M, Anderson RJ. Painful acute radiation thyroiditis induced by 131I treatment of Graves' disease. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Jan;2015. Pubmedid: 25576511. Pmcid: PMC4289741.
- Tarasova VD, Caballero JA, Turner P, Inzucchi SE. Speaking to Patients About Diabetes Risk: Is Terminology Important?. Clin Diabetes. 2014 Apr;32(2):90-95. Pubmedid: 26130869. Pmcid: PMC4485246.
- Tarasova VD, Zena M, Rendell M. Artifactual hypoglycemia: an old term for a new classification. Diabetes Care. 2014;37(5):e85-e86. Pubmedid: 24757247.
- Tarasova VD, Trepp-Carrasco AG, Thompson R, Recker RR, Chong WH, Collins MT, Armas LA. Successful treatment of tumor-induced osteomalacia due to an intracranial tumor by fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Nov;98(11):4267-4272. Pubmedid: 24014621. Pmcid: PMC5399525.