Find a Doctor
Mandy O'Leary, MD, MPH
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Mandy Flannery O’Leary is Moffitt Cancer Center’s Director of Pathology Informatics and an Associate Member in the Department of Anatomic Pathology. Dr. O’Leary earned her MD and MPH from Louisiana State University School of Medicine - New Orleans (LSUMC-NO). She completed Clinical Fellowships in Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine at Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati and an Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology Residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Resident. Following her fellowship, she was appointed as Assistant Medical Director of Clinical Labs at Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center, Assistant Medical Director of Hoxworth Blood Center, and Assistant Professor at University of Cincinnati in the Department of Pathology. She also held positions as Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and Assistant Professor at LSUMC-NO. Prior to joining Moffitt, she was promoted to Associate Professor at LSUMC-NO and was bestowed with the William Rock Professorship of Clinical Pathology. Dr. O’Leary is board certified in Clinical Informatics, Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine, as well as Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, all through the American Board of Pathology. Dr. O’Leary’s primary clinical focus is Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine in large academic centers. Her research efforts are largely in quality practices in transfusion medicine and apheresis medicine. In addition to this, Dr. O’Leary has worked for over twenty years in Clinical Informatics, focusing on Laboratory Information Systems (LIS). She is interested in creating and building efficient clinical laboratory information systems to expedite the safest patient care possible.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- University of Cincinnati - Blood banking/Transfusion Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Anatomic/ Clinical Pathology
- Louisiana State University(M.D, - M.D)
- O'Leary MF, Dunbar NM, Kim HC, Draper NL, Linenberger M, Schwartz J, Miller Y, Murtaugh A, West FB, Fernando LP, Park YA. Venous access for hematopoietic progenitor cell collection: An international survey by the ASFA HPC donor subcommittee. J Clin Apher. 2016 Dec;31(6):529-534. Pubmedid: 26762291.
- O'Leary MF, Eldin KW, Hartman SK, Hui SK, Teruya J. Integration of the transfusion medicine and coagulation services. Transfusion. 2014 May;54(5):1440-1441. Pubmedid: 24819076.
- O'Leary MF, Szklarski P, Klein TM, Young PP. Hemolysis of red blood cells after cell washing with different automated technologies: clinical implications in a neonatal cardiac surgery population. Transfusion. 2011 May;51(5):955-960. Pubmedid: 21091957.
- O'Leary MF, Chappell JD, Stratton CW, Cronin RM, Taylor MB, Tang YW. Complex febrile seizures followed by complete recovery in an infant with high-titer 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection. J Clin Microbiol. 2010 Oct;48(10):3803-3805. Pubmedid: 20702660. Pmcid: PMC2953069.
- Parl FF, O'Leary MF, Kaiser AB, Paulett JM, Statnikova K, Shultz EK. Implementation of a closed-loop reporting system for critical values and clinical communication in compliance with goals of the joint commission. Clin Chem. 2010 Mar;56(3):417-423. Pubmedid: 20040617.
- Tatsas AD, O'Leary MF, Wright JE, Robbins JB. Cutaneous focal mucinosis causing follicular induction of the epidermis. Am J Dermatopathxxx. 2009 Jul;31(5):462-464. Pubmedid: 19542921.
- Prasad P, Kant JA, Wills M, O'Leary M, Lovvorn H, Yang E. Loss of heterozygosity of succinate dehydrogenase B mutation by direct sequencing in synchronous paragangliomas. Cancer Genet Cytogen. 2009 Jul;192(2):82-85. Pubmedid: 19596260. Pmcid: PMC2927361.
- Flannery MA, Butterbaugh GJ, Rice DA, Rice JC. Reminding technology for prospective memory disability: a case study. Pediatr Rehabil. 1997 Oct;1(4):239-244. Pubmedid: 9689261.