Find a Doctor
Pamela Hodul, MD
Cancer Focus: Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Neuroendocrine Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Small Intestine Cancer , Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
Dr. Hodul is a Senior Member and Surgical Oncologist within the Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology and Medical Director of Nutrition at Moffitt Cancer Center. She is also a Professor in the Division of Oncologic Sciences through the University of South Florida. Previously she graduated Magna Cum Laude from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine and completed her general surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center. She then went on to complete both a clinical and research fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center in Surgical Oncology. Dr. Hodul’s clinical practice is focused in the areas of pancreaticobiliary and gastrointestinal surgery. She has a particular interest in the management and treatment of benign and neoplastic diseases of the pancreas and stomach. Dr. Hodul’s efforts are primarily focused on improved patient outcomes through patient education, nutritional optimization, and a comprehensive care model which includes a multi-disciplinary team approach to prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of gastrointestinal malignancies. Dr. Hodul has published over sixty peer reviewed manuscripts and presents regularly at national scientific meetings. She is a member of many professional organizations including the Society of Surgical Oncology, AHBPA (Americas Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association), Florida American College of Surgeons, and the Association of Women Surgeons. She currently serves as section leader for pancreatic diseases. She serves as mentor to medical students, residents and fellows in training. Dr. Hodul’s compassion and care of her patients has earned her several awards including “Most Compassionate Doctor”, “Vitals Patients’ Choice Award”, and most recently Moffitt Cancer Center’s award as “Physician of the Year – 2018”.
Education & Training
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute - Surgical Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute - Surgical Oncology
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine - Surgery
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine - MD
- Beato F, Reverón D, Dezsi KB, Ortiz A, Johnson JO, Chen DT, Ali K, Yoder SJ, Jeong D, Malafa M, Hodul P, Jiang K, Centeno BA, Abdalah MA, Balasi JA, Tassielli AF, Sarcar B, Teer JK, DeNicola GM, Permuth JB, Fleming JB. Establishing a living biobank of patient-derived organoids of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Lab Invest. 2021 Feb.101(2):204-217. Pubmedid: 33037322. Pmcid: PMC7855435.
- Permuth JB, Dezsi KB, Vyas S, Ali KN, Basinski TL, Utuama OA, Denbo JW, Klapman J, Dam A, Carballido E, Kim DW, Pimiento JM, Powers BD, Otto AK, Choi JW, Chen DT, Teer JK, Beato F, Ward A, Cortizas EM, Whisner SY, Williams IE, Riner AN, Tardif K, Velanovich V, Karachristos A, Douglas WG, Legaspi A, Allan BJ, Meredith K, Molina-Vega MA, Bao P, St Julien J, Huguet KL, Green L, Odedina FT, Kumar NB, Simmons VN, George TJ, Vadaparampil ST, Hodul PJ, Arnoletti JP, Awad ZT, Bose D, Jiang K, Centeno BA, Gwede CK, Malafa M, Judge SM, Judge AR, Jeong D, Bloomston M, Merchant NB, Fleming JB, Trevino JG. The Florida Pancreas Collaborative Next-Generation Biobank: Infrastructure to Reduce Disparities and Improve Survival for a Diverse Cohort of Patients with Pancreatic Cancer. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Feb.13(4). Pubmedid: 33671939. Pmcid: PMC7919015.
- Kim JK, DePeralta DK, Ogami T, Denbo JW, Pimiento J, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Kim DW, Fleming JB, Powers BD. Cancer outcomes are independent of preoperative CA 19-9 in anatomically resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: A retrospective cohort analysis. J Surg Oncol. 2020 Nov.122(6):1074-1083. Pubmedid: 32673436.
- DePeralta DK, Ogami T, Zhou JM, Schell MJ, Powers BD, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Fleming JB. Completion of adjuvant therapy in patients with resected pancreatic cancer. HPB (Oxford). 2020 Feb.22(2):241-248. Pubmedid: 31563326. Pmcid: PMC7771530.
- Balbona J, Chen L, Malafa MP, Hodul PJ, Dineen SP, Mehta R, Mhaskar RS, Pimiento JM. Outcomes of Gastric Resection in the Establishment of a Comprehensive Oncologic Robotic Program. J Surg Res. 2020 Aug.252:30-36. Pubmedid: 32222591.
- Pointer DT, Roife D, Powers BD, Murimwa G, Elessawy S, Thompson ZJ, Schell MJ, Hodul PJ, Pimiento JM, Fleming JB, Malafa MP. Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio, not platelet to lymphocyte or lymphocyte to monocyte ratio, is predictive of patient survival after resection of early-stage pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2020 Aug.20(1):750. Pubmedid: 32782024. Pmcid: PMC7422564.
- Huynh T, Ali K, Vyas S, Dezsi K, Strickland D, Basinski T, Chen DT, Jiang K, Centeno B, Malafa M, Klapman JB, Hodul PJ, Jeong D, Permuth JB. Comparison of imaging modalities for measuring the diameter of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Pancreatology. 2020 Apr.20(3):448-453. Pubmedid: 32113936. Pmcid: PMC7346718.
- Permuth JB, Clark Daly A, Jeong D, Choi JW, Cameron ME, Chen DT, Teer JK, Barnett TE, Li J, Powers BD, Kumar NB, George TJ, Ali KN, Huynh T, Vyas S, Gwede CK, Simmons VN, Hodul PJ, Carballido EM, Judge AR, Fleming JB, Merchant N, Trevino JG. Racial and ethnic disparities in a state-wide registry of patients with pancreatic cancer and an exploratory investigation of cancer cachexia as a contributor to observed inequities. Cancer Med. 2019 Jun.8(6):3314-3324. Pubmedid: 31074202. Pmcid: PMC6558500.
- Pointer L, Rothermel LD, Strosberg C, Anaya D, Hodul P. Giant symptomatic serous cystadenoma mimicking carcinoma: A case report and literature review. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2019 Jun.60:106-110. Pubmedid: 31212091. Pmcid: PMC6581980.
- Powers BD, Fulp W, Dhahri A, DePeralta DK, Ogami T, Rothermel L, Permuth JB, Vadaparampil ST, Kim JK, Pimiento J, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Anaya DA, Fleming JB. The Impact of Socioeconomic Deprivation on Clinical Outcomes for Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma at a High-volume Cancer Center: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis. Ann Surg. 2019 Dec. Pubmedid: 31851004. Pmcid: PMC7272283.
- Luu C, Thapa R, Rose T, Woo K, Jeong D, Thomas K, Chen DT, Friedman M, Malafa MP, Hodul PJ. Identification of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease following pancreatectomy for noninvasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm. Int J Surg. 2018 Oct.58:46-49. Pubmedid: 30218781. Pmcid: PMC7771269.
- Jin WH, Hoffe SE, Shridhar R, Strom T, Venkat P, Springett GM, Hodul PJ, Pimiento JM, Meredith KL, Malafa MP, Frakes JM. Adjuvant radiation provides survival benefit for resected pancreatic adenocarcinomas of the tail. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2018 Jun.9(3):487-494. Pubmedid: 29998014. Pmcid: PMC6006031.
- Jin WH, Mellon EA, Frakes JM, Murimwa GZ, Hodul PJ, Pimiento JM, Malafa MP, Hoffe SE. Impact of sarcopenia in borderline resectable and locally advanced pancreatic cancer patients receiving stereotactic body radiation therapy. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2018 Feb.9(1):24-34. Pubmedid: 29564168. Pmcid: PMC5848029.
- Permuth JB, Chen DT, Yoder SJ, Li J, Smith AT, Choi JW, Kim J, Balagurunathan Y, Jiang K, Coppola D, Centeno BA, Klapman J, Hodul P, Karreth FA, Trevino JG, Merchant N, Magliocco A, Malafa MP, Gillies R. Linc-ing Circulating Long Non-coding RNAs to the Diagnosis and Malignant Prediction of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms of the Pancreas. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep.7(1):10484. Pubmedid: 28874676. Pmcid: PMC5585319.
- Frakes J, Mellon EA, Springett GM, Hodul P, Malafa MP, Fulp WJ, Zhao X, Hoffe SE, Shridhar R, Meredith KL. Outcomes of adjuvant radiotherapy and lymph node resection in elderly patients with pancreatic cancer treated with surgery and chemotherapy. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2017 Oct.8(5):758-765. Pubmedid: 29184679. Pmcid: PMC5674250.
- Mellon EA, Jin WH, Frakes JM, Centeno BA, Strom TJ, Springett GM, Malafa MP, Shridhar R, Hodul PJ, Hoffe SE. Predictors and survival for pathologic tumor response grade in borderline resectable and locally advanced pancreatic cancer treated with induction chemotherapy and neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiotherapy. Acta Oncol. 2017 Mar.56(3):391-397. Pubmedid: 27885876.
- Blackham AU, Doepker MP, Centeno BA, Springett G, Pimiento JM, Malafa M, Hodul PJ. Patterns of recurrence and long-term outcomes in patients who underwent pancreatectomy for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms with high grade dysplasia: implications for surveillance and future management guidelines. HPB (Oxford). 2017 Jul.19(7):603-610. Pubmedid: 28495434.
- Luu C, Thapa R, Woo K, Coppola D, Almhanna K, Pimiento JM, Chen DT, Marquez DD, Hodul PJ. Does histology really influence gastric cancer prognosis?. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2017 Dec.8(6):1026-1036. Pubmedid: 29299363. Pmcid: PMC5750182.
- Glazer ES, Rashid OM, Klapman JB, Harris CL, Hodul PJ, Pimiento JM, Malafa MP. Endoscopic ultrasonography complements computed tomography in predicting portal or superior mesenteric vein resection in patients with borderline resectable pancreatic carcinoma. Pancreatology. 2017 Aug.17(1):130-134. Pubmedid: 28043760.
- Weitman E, Al Diffalha S, Centeno B, Hodul P. An isolated intestinal duplication cyst masquerading as a mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas: A case report and review of the literature. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2017 Aug.39:208-211. Pubmedid: 28854411. Pmcid: PMC5575442.
- Mellon EA, Hoffe SE, Frakes JM, Strom T, Springett GM, Shridhar R, Centeno BA, Malafa MP, Chuong MD, Hodul PJ. Predictors and Survival for Pathologic Tumor Response Grade in Borderline Resectable and Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Treated With Induction Chemotherapy and Neoadjuvant Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct.96(2S):E165. Pubmedid: 27673949.
- Pearson AL, Jin W, Mellon EA, Frakes JM, Strom T, Springett GM, Kim R, Mahipal A, Hodul PJ, Pimiento JM, Shridhar R, Malafa MP, Hoffe SE. Post-Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio (NLR) in Patients With Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer (BRPC) May Be a Prognostic Biomarker. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct.96(2S):E153. Pubmedid: 27673917.
- Hall M, Liu H, Malafa M, Centeno B, Hodul PJ, Pimiento J, Pilon-Thomas S, Sarnaik AA. Expansion of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) from human pancreatic tumors. J Immunother Cancer. 2016 Oct.4:61. Pubmedid: 27777771. Pmcid: PMC5067894.
- Glazer ES, Neill KG, Frakes JM, Coppola D, Hodul PJ, Hoffe SE, Pimiento JM, Springett GM, Malafa MP. Systematic Review and Case Series Report of Acinar Cell Carcinoma of the Pancreas. Cancer Control. 2016 Oct.23(4):446-454. Pubmedid: 27842335.
- Glazer ES, Rashid OM, Pimiento JM, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP. Increased neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio after neoadjuvant therapy is associated with worse survival after resection of borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Surgery. 2016 Nov.160(5):1288-1293. Pubmedid: 27450715. Pmcid: PMC5086285.
- Orcutt ST, Coppola D, Hodul PJ. Colloid Carcinoma of the Pancreas: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Rep Pancreat Cancer. 2016 Jun.2(1):40-45. Pubmedid: 30631814. Pmcid: PMC6319686.
- Robinson LA, Tanvetyanon T, Springett G, Fontaine J, Toloza E, Hodul P, Pimiento JM, Malafa M. Pulmonary metastasectomy for suspected pancreaticobiliary cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016 Jul.152(1):75-82. Pubmedid: 27050555.
- Doepker MP, Thompson ZJ, Centeno BA, Kim RD, Wong J, Hodul PJ. Clinicopathologic and survival analysis of resected ampullary adenocarcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2016 Aug.114(2):170-175. Pubmedid: 27158031. Pmcid: PMC7771532.
- Mellon EA, Strom TJ, Hoffe SE, Frakes JM, Springett GM, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Chuong MD, Shridhar R. Favorable perioperative outcomes after resection of borderline resectable pancreatic cancer treated with neoadjuvant stereotactic radiation and chemotherapy compared with upfront pancreatectomy for resectable cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016 Aug.7(4):547-555. Pubmedid: 27563444. Pmcid: PMC4963371.
- Rashid OM, Pimiento JM, Gamenthaler AW, Nguyen P, Ha TT, Hutchinson T, Springett G, Hoffe S, Shridhar R, Hodul PJ, Johnson BL, Illig K, Armstrong PA, Centeno BA, Fulp WJ, Chen DT, Malafa MP. Outcomes of a Clinical Pathway for Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Apr.23(4):1371-1379. Pubmedid: 26661409.
- Chuong MD, Frakes JM, Figura N, Hoffe SE, Shridhar R, Mellon EA, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Springett GM, Centeno BA. Histopathologic tumor response after induction chemotherapy and stereotactic body radiation therapy for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016 Apr.7(2):221-227. Pubmedid: 27034789. Pmcid: PMC4783738.
- Hayman TJ, Strom T, Springett GM, Balducci L, Hoffe SE, Meredith KL, Hodul P, Malafa M, Shridhar R. Outcomes of resected pancreatic cancer in patients age ≥70. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2015 Oct.6(5):498-504. Pubmedid: 26487943. Pmcid: PMC4570916.
- Strom TJ, Klapman JB, Springett GM, Meredith KL, Hoffe SE, Choi J, Hodul P, Malafa MP, Shridhar R. Comparative long-term outcomes of upfront resected pancreatic cancer after preoperative biliary drainage. Surg Endosc. 2015 Nov.29(11):3273-3281. Pubmedid: 25631110. Pmcid: PMC4918460.
- Kim R, Prithviraj G, Kothari N, Springett G, Malafa M, Hodul P, Kim J, Yue B, Morse B, Mahipal A. PET/CT Fusion Scan Prevents Futile Laparotomy in Early Stage Pancreatic Cancer. Clin Nucl Med. 2015 Nov.40(11):e501-e505. Pubmedid: 26053713. Pmcid: PMC4813735.
- Frakes JM, Strom T, Springett GM, Hoffe SE, Balducci L, Hodul P, Malafa MP, Shridhar R. Resected pancreatic cancer outcomes in the elderly. Geriatr Oncol. 2015 Mar.6(2):127-132. Pubmedid: 25555451.
- Mellon EA, Hoffe SE, Springett GM, Frakes JM, Strom TJ, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Chuong MD, Shridhar R. Long-term outcomes of induction chemotherapy and neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiotherapy for borderline resectable and locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Acta Oncol. 2015 Jul.54(7):979-985. Pubmedid: 25734581.
- Jones DH, Caracciolo JT, Hodul PJ, Strosberg JR, Coppola D, Bui MM. Familial gastrointestinal stromal tumor syndrome: report of 2 cases with KIT exon 11 mutation. Cancer Control. 2015 Jan.22(1):102-108. Pubmedid: 25504284.
- Wong J, Fulp WJ, Strosberg JR, Kvols LK, Centeno BA, Hodul PJ. Predictors of lymph node metastases and impact on survival in resected pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: a single-center experience. Am J Surg. 2014 Nov.208(5):775-780. Pubmedid: 24997491.
- Toloza E, Sobky C, Cheng A, Chai C, Smithson I, Brown L, Moodie C, Garrett J, Parsons C, Hodul P, Malafa M. Robotic-assisted video-thoracoscopic closure of pancreatico-pleural fistula: a case report. Chest. 2014 Mar.145(3 Suppl):36A. Pubmedid: 24638364.
- Mellon EA, Springett GM, Hoffe SE, Hodul P, Malafa MP, Meredith KL, Fulp WJ, Zhao X, Shridhar R. Adjuvant radiotherapy and lymph node dissection in pancreatic cancer treated with surgery and chemotherapy. Cancer. 2014 Apr.120(8):1171-1177. Pubmedid: 24390779.
- Chuong MD, Springett GM, Freilich JM, Park CK, Weber JM, Mellon EA, Hodul PJ, Malafa MP, Meredith KL, Hoffe SE, Shridhar R. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for locally advanced and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer is effective and well tolerated. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Jul.86(3):516-522. Pubmedid: 23562768.
- Wong J, Weber J, A Centeno B, Vignesh S, Harris CL, Klapman JB, Hodul P. High-grade dysplasia and adenocarcinoma are frequent in side-branch intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm measuring less than 3 cm on endoscopic ultrasound. J Gastrointest Surg. 2013 Jan.17(1):78-84. Pubmedid: 22948841.
- Hodul PJ, Dong Y, Husain K, Pimiento JM, Chen J, Zhang A, Francois R, Pledger WJ, Coppola D, Sebti SM, Chen DT, Malafa MP. Vitamin E δ-tocotrienol induces p27(Kip1)-dependent cell-cycle arrest in pancreatic cancer cells via an E2F-1-dependent mechanism. PLoS One. 2013 Aug.8(2):e52526. Pubmedid: 23393547. Pmcid: PMC3564846.
- Strosberg JR, Cheema A, Weber JM, Ghayouri M, Han G, Hodul PJ, Kvols LK. Relapse-free survival in patients with nonmetastatic, surgically resected pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: an analysis of the AJCC and ENETS staging classifications. Ann Surg. 2012 Aug.256(2):321-325. Pubmedid: 22415420.
- Nasir A, Helm J, Turner L, Chen DT, Strosberg J, Hafez N, Henderson-Jackson EB, Hodul P, Bui MM, Nasir NA, Hakam A, Malafa MP, Yeatman TJ, Coppola D, Kvols LK. RUNX1T1: a novel predictor of liver metastasis in primary pancreatic endocrine neoplasms. Pancreas. 2011 May.40(4):627-633. Pubmedid: 21499216. Pmcid: PMC4732279.
- Chuong MD, Hayman TJ, Patel MR, Russell MS, Malafa MP, Hodul PJ, Springett GM, Choi J, Shridhar R, Hoffe SE. Comparison of 1-, 2-, and 3-Dimensional Tumor Response Assessment After Neoadjuvant GTX-RT in Borderline-Resectable Pancreatic Cancer. Gastrointest Cancer Res. 2011 Jul.4(4):128-134. Pubmedid: 22368736. Pmcid: PMC3283109.
- Patel M, Hoffe S, Malafa M, Hodul P, Klapman J, Centeno B, Kim J, Helm J, Valone T, Springett G. Neoadjuvant GTX chemotherapy and IMRT-based chemoradiation for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2011 Aug.104(2):155-161. Pubmedid: 21520097. Pmcid: PMC3347705.
- Helm J, Centeno B, Coppola D, Druta M, Park J, Chen D, Hodul P, Kvols LK, Yeatman T, Carey L, Karl R, Malafa M. Outcomes following resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: 20-year experience at a single institution. Cancer Control. 2008 Oct.15(4):288-294. Pubmedid: 18813196.
- Hodul P, Strosberg J, Kvols L. Aggressive surgical resection in the management of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: when is it indicated?. Cancer Control. 2008 Oct.15(4):314-321. Pubmedid: 18813199.
- Park J, Helm J, Zheng W, Ly Q, Hodul P, Centeno B, Malafa M. Silencing of the candidate tumor suppressor gene solute carrier family 5 member 8 (SLC5A8) in human pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2008 May.36(4):e32-e39. Pubmedid: 18437076.
- Strosberg JR, Nasir A, Hodul P, Kvols L. Biology and treatment of metastatic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors. Gastrointest Cancer Res. 2008 May.2(3):113-125. Pubmedid: 19259290. Pmcid: PMC2633071.
- Hodul P, Malafa M, Choi J, Kvols L. The role of cytoreductive hepatic surgery as an adjunct to the management of metastatic neuroendocrine carcinomas. Cancer Control. 2006 Jan.13(1):61-71. Pubmedid: 16508628.
- Hodul P, Yeatman T. TNM staging is obsolete. J Surg Oncol. 2006 Dec.95(1):8-9. Pubmedid: 17192885.
- Ambe CM, Nguyen P, Centeno BA, Choi J, Strosberg J, Kvols L, Hodul P, Hoffe S, Malafa MP. Multimodality Management of "Borderline Resectable" Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: Report of a Single-Institution Experience. Cancer Control. 24(5):1073274817729076. Pubmedid: 28975822. Pmcid: PMC5937248.
- Aranha GV, Hodul P, Golts E, Oh D, Pickleman J, Creech S. A comparison of pancreaticogastrostomy and pancreaticojejunostomy following pancreaticoduodenectomy. J Gastrointest Surg. 7(5):672-682. Pubmedid: 12850681.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.