Find a Doctor
Allan Escher, DO, FAOCA
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Allan Escher is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Anesthesiology. Dr. Escher earned his DO degree at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He completed an Anesthesiology Residency at the University of Michigan and a Pain Management Fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Escher served on the Board of Osteopathic Medicine under Governors Crist and Scott. He was employed as an attending Anesthesiologist at Pain Institute of Tampa Bay, Lakewood Ranch Anesthesia, and Envision Healthcare. He has been working as a PRN Anesthesiologist at Moffitt for several years. Dr. Escher’s clinical interests are ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, pain management, and public health. His research interests are acute pain management, the use of simulators in board certification, and artificial intelligence.
Education & Training
- Pain Medicine
- University of South Florida - Pain Management
- University of Michigan - Anesthesiology
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences(DO, - DO)
- Aldawoodi NN, Escher AR, Ninan D, Patel SY. Transesophageal Echocardiography During Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Novel Approach. Cureus. 2019 Jul.11(7):e5062. Pubmedid: 31328075. Pmcid: PMC6624119.
- Escher AR, Cohen JB. Anaphylaxis Induced by Sugammadex in a Patient with Papillary Serous Carcinoma of the Uterine Adnexa Undergoing Exploratory Laparotomy. Cureus. 2019 Jan.11(1):e3871. Pubmedid: 30899622. Pmcid: PMC6414298.
- Aldawoodi NN, Escher AR, Padalia A, Padalia D. Sentinel Node Biopsy and Lumpectomy in a Patient with Machado-Joseph Disease. Case Rep Anesthesiol. 2019 Dec.2019:2309598. Pubmedid: 31934455. Pmcid: PMC6942782.
- Escher AR, Gorfine LS. Medicare coverage and compliance in pain management. Am Soc Anesth Newsletter. 2008 Nov;65:10-11.