Find a Doctor
Rohit Jain, MD, MPH
Cancer Focus: Bladder Cancer , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Prostate Cancer , Testicular Cancer
Dr. Rohit Jain is Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Genitourinary Oncology. Dr. Jain earned his MBBS at Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai, India. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. Dr. Jain recently completed a Hematology-Oncology Fellowship at Roswell Park Cancer Institute University at Buffalo, New York. Dr. Jain’s clinical interests are urothelial, renal, prostate and testicular cancers with a major focus in urothelial cancers. His research interests are primarily in urothelial and kidney cancers. Dr. Jain is involved in biomarker research as well as developing innovative clinical trials for patients.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University of Buffalo - Hematology Oncology
- Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Topiwala National Medical College - MBBS
CLINICAL TRIAL 19981
A Randomized Phase II Study of Atezolizumab (MPDL3280A) plus Recombinant Human IL-7 (CYT107) in patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); CYT107 ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 19988
A Phase II Open Label, Study of IMMU-132 in Metastatic Urothelial Cancer After Failure of Platinum-Based Regimen or Anti-PD-1/ PD-L1 Based Immunotherapy
Intervention: IMMU-132 (); Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20297
Cabozantinib plus Pembrolizumab as First-Line Therapy for Cisplatin-Ineligible Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma (PemCab)
Intervention: Cabozantinib (XL 184); Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
- Jain RK, Ross JS, Necchi A, Spiess PE. Should Upper-tract Urothelial Carcinoma and Bladder Carcinoma Be Treated the Same or Different?. Eur Urol Oncol. 2021 Feb. Pubmedid: 33602655.
- Jain RK, Skelton WP, Zhang J. Emerging Treatment Options for the Treatment of Metastatic Urothelial Cancer: Therapeutic Potential of Enfortumab Vedotin. Cancer Manag Res. 2020 Sep.12:8379-8386. Pubmedid: 32982431. Pmcid: PMC7494003.
- Yang Y, Jain RK, Glenn ST, Xu B, Singh PK, Wei L, Hu Q, Long M, Hutson N, Wang J, Battaglia S, George S. Complete response to anti-PD-L1 antibody in a metastatic bladder cancer associated with novel MSH4 mutation and microsatellite instability. J Immunother Cancer. 2020 Mar.8(1). Pubmedid: 32221012. Pmcid: PMC7206971.
- Jain RK, Sonpavde G. Neoadjuvant therapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2020 Jul.20(7):603-614. Pubmedid: 32546025.
- Yuan Z, Fernandez D, Dhillon J, Abraham-Miranda J, Awasthi S, Kim Y, Zhang J, Jain R, Serna A, Pow-Sang JM, Poch M, Li R, Manley B, Fink A, Naghavi A, Torres-Roca JF, Grass GD, Kim S, Latifi K, Hunt D, Johnstone PAS, Yamoah K. Proof-of-principle Phase I results of combining nivolumab with brachytherapy and external beam radiation therapy for Grade Group 5 prostate cancer: safety, feasibility, and exploratory analysis. Prostate Cancer P D. 2020 Jul. Pubmedid: 32651467. Pmcid: PMC7882397.
- McFarlane JJ, Kochenderfer MD, Olsen MR, Bauer TM, Molina A, Hauke RJ, Reeves JA, Babu S, Van Veldhuizen P, Somer B, Gunuganti V, Schnadig I, George S, Page RD, Arrowsmith E, Jain RK, Zhang J, McHenry MB, Johansen JL, Vogelzang NJ. Safety and Efficacy of Nivolumab in Patients With Advanced Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma: Results From the Phase IIIb/IV CheckMate 374 Study. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2020 Dec.18(6):469-476.e4. Pubmedid: 32641261.
- Vogelzang NJ, Olsen MR, McFarlane JJ, Arrowsmith E, Bauer TM, Jain RK, Somer B, Lam ET, Kochenderfer MD, Molina A, Doshi G, Lingerfelt B, Hauke RJ, Gunuganti V, Schnadig I, Van Veldhuizen P, Fleming M, Galamaga R, Gupta M, Hool H, Hutson T, Zhang J, McHenry MB, Johansen JL, Tykodi SS. Safety and Efficacy of Nivolumab in Patients With Advanced Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma: Results From the Phase IIIb/IV CheckMate 374 Study. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2020 Dec.18(6):461-468.e3. Pubmedid: 32718906.
- Chahoud J, Skelton WP, Spiess PE, Walko C, Dhillon J, Gage KL, Johnstone PAS, Jain RK. Case Report: Two Cases of Chemotherapy Refractory Metastatic Penile Squamous Cell Carcinoma With Extreme Durable Response to Pembrolizumab. Front Oncol. 2020 Dec.10:615298. Pubmedid: 33425770. Pmcid: PMC7793656.
- Jain RK, Grivas P, Pal SK. Non-invasive diagnosis and monitoring of urothelial bladder cancer: are we there yet?. BJU Int. 2019 Sep.124(3):361-362. Pubmedid: 31436040.
- Jain RK, Snyders T, Nandagopal L, Garje R, Zakharia Y, Gupta S. Correction to: Immunotherapy Advances in Urothelial Carcinoma. CURR TREAT OPTION ON. 2019 May.20(7):53. Pubmedid: 31119396.
- Slongo J, Jain RK, Spiess PE. Important caveats of KEYNOTE-045: relevance of these findings in the current and future therapeutic paradigm. Ann Transl Med. 2019 Mar.7(Suppl 1):S23. Pubmedid: 31032303. Pmcid: PMC6462609.
- Adashek JJ, Jain RK, Zhang J. Clinical Development of PARP Inhibitors in Treating Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Cells. 2019 Aug.8(8). Pubmedid: 31404966. Pmcid: PMC6721701.
- Martínez Chanzá N, Xie W, Asim Bilen M, Dzimitrowicz H, Burkart J, Geynisman DM, Balakrishnan A, Bowman IA, Jain R, Stadler W, Zakharia Y, Narayan V, Beuselinck B, McKay RR, Tripathi A, Pachynski R, Hahn AW, Hsu J, Shah SA, Lam ET, Rose TL, Mega AE, Vogelzang N, Harrison MR, Mortazavi A, Plimack ER, Vaishampayan U, Hammers H, George S, Haas N, Agarwal N, Pal SK, Srinivas S, Carneiro BA, Heng DYC, Bosse D, Choueiri TK, Harshman LC. Cabozantinib in advanced non-clear-cell renal cell carcinoma: a multicentre, retrospective, cohort study. Lancet Oncol. 2019 Apr.20(4):581-590. Pubmedid: 30827746. Pmcid: PMC6849381.
- Jain RK, Snyders T, Nandgoapal L, Garje R, Zakharia Y, Gupta S. Immunotherapy Advances in Urothelial Carcinoma. CURR TREAT OPTION ON. 2018 Dec.19(12):79. Pubmedid: 30554335.
- Jain RK, Chen H. Spotlight on brigatinib and its potential in the treatment of patients with metastatic ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer who are resistant or intolerant to crizotinib. Lung Cancer (Auckl). 2017 Oct.8:169-177. Pubmedid: 29075144. Pmcid: PMC5648304.
- Jain RK, Gandhi S, George S. Second-line systemic therapy in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma: A review. Urol Oncol. 2017 Nov.35(11):640-646. Pubmedid: 28887097.
- Miller K, Mehta R, Abraham J, Opneja A, Jain RK. Patterns of Long-term Cancer Survivorship Care in a National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Am J Clin Oncol. 2017 Dec.40(6):639-643. Pubmedid: 26359697.
- Miller KD, Pandey M, Jain R, Mehta R. Cancer Survivorship and Models of Survivorship Care: A Review. Am J Clin Oncol. 2015 Dec.38(6):627-633. Pubmedid: 25635609.
- Gökmen-Polar Y, Sanders KL, Goswami CP, Cano OD, Zaheer NA, Jain RK, Kesler KA, Nelson RP, Vance GH, Smith D, Li L, Cardoso AA, Badve S, Loehrer PJ, Sledge GW. Establishment and characterization of a novel cell line derived from human thymoma AB tumor. Lab Invest. 2012 Nov.92(11):1564-1573. Pubmedid: 22926645.
- Vladislav T, Jain RK, Alvarez R, Mehta RJ, Gökmen-Polar Y, Kesler KA, Henley JD, Loehrer PJ, Badve S. Extrathoracic metastases of thymic origin: a review of 35 cases. Mod Pathol. 2012 Mar.25(3):370-377. Pubmedid: 22080058.
- Mehta RJ, Jain RK, Leung S, Choo J, Nielsen T, Huntsman D, Nakshatri H, Badve S. FOXA1 is an independent prognostic marker for ER-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 Feb.131(3):881-890. Pubmedid: 21503684.
- Mehta R, Jain RK, Badve S. Personalized medicine: the road ahead. Clin Breast Cancer. 2011 Mar.11(1):20-26. Pubmedid: 21421518.
- Jain RK, Mehta R, Dimitrov R, Larsson LG, Musto PM, Hodges KB, Ulbright TM, Hattab EM, Agaram N, Idrees MT, Badve S. Atypical ductal hyperplasia: interobserver and intraobserver variability. Mod Pathol. 2011 Jul.24(7):917-923. Pubmedid: 21532546.
- Dundar MM, Badve S, Bilgin G, Raykar V, Jain R, Sertel O, Gurcan MN. Computerized classification of intraductal breast lesions using histopathological images. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2011 Jul.58(7):1977-1984. Pubmedid: 21296703. Pmcid: PMC3328096.
- Jain RK, Mehta RJ, Nakshatri H, Idrees MT, Badve SS. High-level expression of forkhead-box protein A1 in metastatic prostate cancer. Histopathology. 2011 Apr.58(5):766-772. Pubmedid: 21401706.
- Ademuyiwa FO, Thorat MA, Jain RK, Nakshatri H, Badve S. Expression of Forkhead-box protein A1, a marker of luminal A type breast cancer, parallels low Oncotype DX 21-gene recurrence scores. Mod Pathol. 2010 Feb.23(2):270-275. Pubmedid: 19946260.
- Jain RK, Mehta RJ, Henley JD, Kesler KA, Loehrer PJ, Badve S. WHO types A and AB thymomas: not always benign. Mod Pathol. 2010 Dec.23(12):1641-1649. Pubmedid: 20834239.
- Jain RK, Mehta R, Badve S. Conjunctival squamous cell carcinoma due to ocular prostheses: a case report and review of literature. Pathol Oncol Res. 2010 Dec.16(4):609-612. Pubmedid: 20376710.
- Mehta R, Jain RK, Sneige N, Badve S, Resetkova E. Expression of high-molecular-weight cytokeratin (34betaE12) is an independent predictor of disease-free survival in patients with triple-negative tumours of the breast. J Clin Pathol. 2010 Aug.63(8):744-747. Pubmedid: 20702478.
- Resetkova E, Reis-Filho JS, Jain RK, Mehta R, Thorat MA, Nakshatri H, Badve S. Prognostic impact of ALDH1 in breast cancer: a story of stem cells and tumor microenvironment. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Aug.123(1):97-108. Pubmedid: 19911270.
- Jain RK, Aras RY. Depression in geriatric population in urban slums of Mumbai. Indian J Public Health. 2007 Apr.51(2):112-113. Pubmedid: 18240472.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.