Find a Doctor
Xiaohui Zhang, MD, PhD
Cancer Focus: Cutaneous Lymphoma (CTCL), Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , MDS, Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Zhang recently completed a hematopathology fellowship at the University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center. His clinical focus is in hematopathology, including leukemia, lymphoma, other hematologic disorders, clinical flow cytometry and molecular genetics. His research interest is on studies related to pathogenesis, molecular genetic changes, diagnostic and prognostic markers in myeloid and lymphoid malignancies including myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative disorders, myeloid leukemia as well as B-cell and T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute - Hematopathology
- University of South Florida - Pathology and Cell Biology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - Pathology and Cell Biology
- Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University - Surgical Pathology
- The Fourth Military Medical University - MD
- Gibbs JD, Ma S, Kim A, Seminario-Vidal L, Sokol L, Zhang H, Zhang X, Sagatys E, Chen PL, Messina JL. Utility of flow cytometry and gene rearrangement analysis in tissue and blood of patients with suspected cutaneous T‑cell lymphoma. Oncol Rep. 2021 Jan.45(1):349-358. Pubmedid: 33416132.
- Fang H, Yabe M, Zhang X, Kim Y, Wu X, Wei P, Chi S, Zheng L, Garcia-Manero G, Shao L, Yuan J, Shen Y, Zheng G, Tang G, Wang W, Loghavi S, Shen Q, Yuan Y, He R, Chen D, Medeiros LJ, Hu S. Myelodysplastic syndrome with t(6;9)(p22;q34.1)/DEK-NUP214 better classified as acute myeloid leukemia? A multicenter study of 107 cases. Mod Pathol. 2021 Feb. Pubmedid: 33558656.
- Hu Z, Pan Z, Chen W, Shi Y, Wang W, Yuan J, Wang E, Zhang S, Kurt H, Mai B, Zhang X, Liu H, Rios AA, Ma HY, Nguyen ND, Medeiros LJ, Hu S. Primary Effusion Lymphoma: A Clinicopathological Study of 70 Cases. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Feb.13(4). Pubmedid: 33669719. Pmcid: PMC7922633.
- Daou H, Hatch LA, Weinkle A, Morey GE, Messina J, Zhang X, Sokol L, Seminario-Vidal L. CD8-positive cutaneous lymphoproliferation associated with large granular lymphocyte leukemia in a patient with X-linked agammaglobulinemia. J Cutan Pathol. 2021 Apr.48(4):567-571. Pubmedid: 32885480.
- Wang X, Zhang X, Pan W, Han Y, Li Y, Sun H, Hogendoorn PCW, Cheng H. Co-existence of lung carcinoma metastasis and enchondroma in the femur of a patient with Ollier disease. Virchows Arch. 2020 Oct. Pubmedid: 33047157.
- Nguyen L, Zhang X, Roberts E, Yun S, McGraw K, Abraham I, Song J, Braswell D, Qin D, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Moscinski LC, Padron E, Zhang L. Comparison of mutational profiles and clinical outcomes in patients with acute myeloid leukemia with mutated RUNX1 versus acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia-related changes with mutated RUNX1. Leuk Lymphoma. 2020 Jun.61(6):1395-1405. Pubmedid: 32091281. Pmcid: PMC7269833.
- Song J, Hussaini M, Qin D, Zhang X, Shao H, Zhang L, Gajzer D, Basra P, Moscinski L, Zhang H. Comparison of SF3B1/DNMT3A Comutations With DNMT3A or SF3B1 Mutation Alone in Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Clonal Cytopenia of Undetermined Significance. Am J Clin Pathol. 2020 Jun.154(1):48-56. Pubmedid: 32112088.
- Shao H, Wang W, Song J, Tang G, Zhang X, Tang Z, Srivastava J, Shah B, Medeiros LJ, Zhang L. Myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and FLT3 rearrangement. Leuk Res. 2020 Dec.99:106460. Pubmedid: 33166908.
- Song J, Moscinski L, Zhang H, Zhang X, Hussaini M. Does SF3B1/TET2 Double Mutation Portend Better or Worse Prognosis Than Isolated SF3B1 or TET2 Mutation?. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2019 Jan.16(1):91-98. Pubmedid: 30587503. Pmcid: PMC6348401.
- McGraw KL, Nguyen J, Al Ali NH, Komrokji RS, Sallman D, Zhang X, Song J, Padron E, Lancet JE, Moscinski LC, List AF, Zhang L. Association of EZH2 protein expression by immunohistochemistry in myelodysplasia related neoplasms with mutation status, cytogenetics and clinical outcomes. Brit J Haematol. 2019 Feb.184(3):450-455. Pubmedid: 29359794. Pmcid: PMC7771337.
- Pan Z, Chen M, Zhang Q, Wang E, Yin L, Xu Y, Huang Q, Yuan Y, Zhang X, Zheng G, Yuan J. CD3-positive plasmablastic B-cell neoplasms: a diagnostic pitfall. Mod Pathol. 2018 May.31(5):718-731. Pubmedid: 29327711.
- Afiat TP, Zhang X, Zhang H, Ayala E, Zhang L, Sokol L. Sezary syndrome manifesting as posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder. Leuk Res Rep. 2018 May.9:72-75. Pubmedid: 29761072. Pmcid: PMC5948470.
- Quan C, Xiao J, Duan Q, Yuan P, Xue P, Lu H, Yan M, Guo D, Xu S, Zhang X, Lin X, Wang Y, Dogan S, Zhang J, Zhu F, Ke C, Liu L. T-lymphokine-activated killer cell-originated protein kinase (TOPK) as a prognostic factor and a potential therapeutic target in glioma. Oncotarget. 2018 Jan.9(8):7782-7795. Pubmedid: 29487691. Pmcid: PMC5814258.
- Zhang X, Rastogi P, Shah B, Zhang L. B lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma: new insights into genetics, molecular aberrations, subclassification and targeted therapy. Oncotarget. 2017 Sep.8(39):66728-66741. Pubmedid: 29029550. Pmcid: PMC5630450.
- Song J, Hussaini M, Zhang H, Shao H, Qin D, Zhang X, Ma Z, Hussnain Naqvi SM, Zhang L, Moscinski LC. Comparison of the Mutational Profiles of Primary Myelofibrosis, Polycythemia Vera, and Essential Thrombocytosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 May.147(5):444-452. Pubmedid: 28419183. Pmcid: PMC5402718.
- Zhang X, Lancet JE, Zhang L. Molecular pathology of myelodysplastic syndromes: new developments and implications for diagnosis and treatment. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016 Sep.56(11):3022-3030. Pubmedid: 25927244.
- Zhang G, Scarborough H, Kim J, Rozhok AI, Chen YA, Zhang X, Song L, Bai Y, Fang B, Liu RZ, Koomen J, Tan AC, Degregori J, Haura EB. Coupling an EML4-ALK-centric interactome with RNA interference identifies sensitizers to ALK inhibitors. Sci Signal. 2016 Oct.9(450):rs12. Pubmedid: 27811184. Pmcid: PMC5377910.
- Zhang X, Sokol L, Bennett JM, Moscinski LC, List A, Zhang L. T-cell large granular lymphocyte proliferation in myelodysplastic syndromes: Clinicopathological features and prognostic significance. Leuk Res. 2016 Apr.43:18-23. Pubmedid: 26927701.
- Tao J, Zhang X, Lancet J, Bennett JM, Cai L, Papenhausen P, Moscinski L, Zhang L. Concurrence of B-lymphoblastic leukemia and myeloproliferative neoplasm with copy neutral loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 1p harboring a MPL W515S mutation. Cancer Genet. 2015 Feb.207(10-12):489-494. Pubmedid: 25453399.
- Peker D, Padron E, Bennett JM, Zhang X, Horna P, Epling-Burnette PK, Lancet JE, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Moscinski L, List AF, Komrokji RS, Zhang L. A close association of autoimmune-mediated processes and autoimmune disorders with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: observation from a single institution. Acta Haematol. 2015 Apr.133(2):249-256. Pubmedid: 25413011.
- Dobrinski K, Esposito NN, Kruk PA, Wenham R, Hoffman M, Coppola D, Bai W, Zhang X, Siddique N, Nicosia SV. Procurement and cytological features of human fallopian tube fimbrial cells by ex vivo imprinting and washing. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2014 Nov.3(6):309-318. Pubmedid: 31051721.
- Zhang X, Sun M, Zhang L, Shao H. Primary hepatosplenic CD5-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a case report with literature review. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013 Nov.6(5):985-989. Pubmedid: 23638236. Pmcid: PMC3638115.
- House JC, Henderson-Jackson EB, Johnson JO, Lloyd MC, Dhillon J, Ahmad N, Hakam A, Khalbuss WE, Leon ME, Chhieng D, Zhang X, Centeno BA, Bui MM. Diagnostic digital cytopathology: Are we ready yet?. J Pathol Inform. 2013.4:28. Pubmedid: 24392242. Pmcid: PMC3869956.
- Zhang L, Bennett JM, Zhang X, Moscinski L, Ibarz-Pinilla J, List AF, Komrokji R. Uncommon of the uncommon: low-grade myelodysplastic syndrome evolving into chronic myelogenous leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2011 May.29(15):e434-e436. Pubmedid: 21149648.
- Shen Z, Zhang X, Tang J, Kasiappan R, Jinwal U, Li P, Hann S, Nicosia SV, Wu J, Zhang X, Bai W. The coupling of epidermal growth factor receptor down regulation by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 to the hormone-induced cell cycle arrest at the G1-S checkpoint in ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011 May.338(1-2):58-67. Pubmedid: 21458521. Pmcid: PMC3089697.
- Zhang X, Merkler KA, McLean MP. Characterization of regulatory intronic and exonic sequences involved in alternative splicing of scavenger receptor class B gene. Biochem Bioph Res Co. 2008 Jul.372(1):173-178. Pubmedid: 18477479.
- Liu Q, Merkler KA, Zhang X, McLean MP. Prostaglandin F2alpha suppresses rat steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression via induction of Yin Yang 1 protein and recruitment of histone deacetylase 1 protein. Endocrinology. 2007 Nov.148(11):5209-5219. Pubmedid: 17702849.
- Zhang X, Moor AN, Merkler KA, Liu Q, McLean MP. Regulation of alternative splicing of liver scavenger receptor class B gene by estrogen and the involved regulatory splicing factors. Endocrinology. 2007 Nov.148(11):5295-5304. Pubmedid: 17673517.
- Bao J, Cao C, Zhang X, Jiang F, Nicosia SV, Bai W. Suppression of beta-amyloid precursor protein signaling into the nucleus by estrogens mediated through complex formation between the estrogen receptor and Fe65. Mol Cell Biol. 2007 Feb.27(4):1321-1333. Pubmedid: 17130235. Pmcid: PMC1800721.
- Zhang X, Nicosia SV, Bai W. Vitamin D receptor is a novel drug target for ovarian cancer treatment. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2006 May.6(3):229-244. Pubmedid: 16712459.
- Zhang X, Li P, Bao J, Nicosia SV, Wang H, Enkemann SA, Bai W. Suppression of death receptor-mediated apoptosis by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 revealed by microarray analysis. J Biol Chem. 2005 Oct.280(42):35458-35468. Pubmedid: 16093247. Pmcid: PMC3249976.
- Zhang X, Jiang F, Li P, Li C, Ma Q, Nicosia SV, Bai W. Growth suppression of ovarian cancer xenografts in nude mice by vitamin D analogue EB1089. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 Jan.11(1):323-328. Pubmedid: 15671562.
- Huang G, Yan Q, Wang Z, Chen X, Zhang X, Guo Y, Li JJ. Human cytomegalovirus in neoplastic cells of Epstein-Barr virus negative Hodgkin's disease. Int J Oncol. 2002 Jul.21(1):31-36. Pubmedid: 12063546.
- Zhang X, Li Q, Hu P, Cheng H, Huang G. Two case reports of pituitary adenoma associated with Toxoplasma gondii infection. J Clin Pathol. 2002 Dec.55(12):965-966. Pubmedid: 12461069. Pmcid: PMC1769814.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.