Find a Doctor
Christine S. Sam, MD
Program: Senior Adult Oncology
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Cancer Types Treated: Anal Cancer, Bladder Cancer , Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer , Esophageal Cancer , Gallbladder Cancer , Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Liver Cancer , Lung Cancer , Neuroendocrine Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Prostate Cancer , Small Intestine Cancer , Stomach (Gastric) Cancer , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Christine Sam is an Assistant Member in the Department of Individualized Cancer Management/Senior Adult Oncology Program. Dr. Sam received her medical degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in East Lansing. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at University of Michigan Health Systems in Ann Arbor. She completed her Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa. Dr. Sam’s primary clinical interest is the treatment of cancer in older patients and developing care plans tailored to their individual needs. Her focus is the treatment of breast, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary malignancies. She is also engaged in improving the way we care for older patients with cancer through education of medical trainees and staff, increasing access to clinical trials, and quality improvement.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology and Medical Oncology
- University of Michigan Health Systems -
- Michigan State Univeristy College of Human Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19646
Prospective Evaluation of Carvedilol in Prevention of Cardiac Toxicity in Patients with Metastatic HER-2+ Breast Cancer, Phase III
Intervention: Carvedilol; Not Applicable
CLINICAL TRIAL 19874
Phase Ib Feasibility Trial of Neoadjuvant Nivolumab/Lirilumab in Cisplatin-Ineligible Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Lirilumab; Nivolumab
CLINICAL TRIAL 19473
Randomized Phase II/III Trial of Radiotherapy with Concurrent MEDI4736 (Durvalumab) vs. Radiotherapy with Concurrent Cetuximab in Patients with Stage III-IVB Head and Neck Cancer with a Contraindication to Cisplatin
Condition: Head & Neck
Intervention: AMP-514 (Durvalumab); Cetuximab; Durvalumab; Erbitux (Cetuximab); MEDI4736 (Durvalumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19945
A Phase II basket study of the oral selective pan-FGFR inhibitor Debio 1347 in subjects with solid tumors harboring a fusion of FGFR1, FGFR2 or FGFR3 "The FUZE Clinical Trial"
Intervention: Debio 1347
CLINICAL TRIAL 20171
A Phase 1, Open-label, Dose Escalation Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of ARV-471 in Patients with ER+/HER2- Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer, Who Have Received Prior Hormonal Therapy and Chemotherapy in the Locally Advanced/Metastatic Setting
- Sam C, Desai P, Laber D, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Jaglal M. Pegylated bovine carboxyhaemoglobin utilisation in a thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura patient. Transfus Med. 2017 Aug;27(4):300-302. Pubmedid: 28401611.
- Nadal E, Chen G, Prensner JR, Shiratsuchi H, Sam C, Zhao L, Kalemkerian GP, Brenner D, Lin J, Reddy RM, Chang AC, Capellà G, Cardenal F, Beer DG, Ramnath N. KRAS-G12C mutation is associated with poor outcome in surgically resected lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2014 Oct;9(10):1513-1522. Pubmedid: 25170638.