Find a Doctor
Christine Sam, MD
Cancer Focus: Anal Cancer, Bladder Cancer , Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer , Esophageal Cancer , Gallbladder Cancer , Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Liver Cancer , Lung Cancer , Neuroendocrine Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Prostate Cancer , Small Intestine Cancer , Stomach (Gastric) Cancer , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Christine Sam is an Assistant Member in the Department of Individualized Cancer Management/Senior Adult Oncology Program. Dr. Sam received her medical degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in East Lansing. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at University of Michigan Health Systems in Ann Arbor. She completed her Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa. Dr. Sam’s primary clinical interest is the treatment of cancer in older patients and developing care plans tailored to their individual needs. Her focus is the treatment of breast, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary malignancies. She is also engaged in improving the way we care for older patients with cancer through education of medical trainees and staff, increasing access to clinical trials, and quality improvement.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology and Medical Oncology
- University of Michigan Health Systems -
- Michigan State Univeristy College of Human Medicine - MD
- Sam C, Desai P, Laber D, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Jaglal M. Pegylated bovine carboxyhaemoglobin utilisation in a thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura patient. Transfus Med. 2017 Aug.27(4):300-302. Pubmedid: 28401611.
- Nadal E, Chen G, Prensner JR, Shiratsuchi H, Sam C, Zhao L, Kalemkerian GP, Brenner D, Lin J, Reddy RM, Chang AC, Capellà G, Cardenal F, Beer DG, Ramnath N. KRAS-G12C mutation is associated with poor outcome in surgically resected lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2014 Oct.9(10):1513-1522. Pubmedid: 25170638.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.