Find a Doctor
Farhad Khimani, MD
Specialty: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Program: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Khimani’s Clinical interest is specifically in Blood and Marrow transplantation. His area of focus is Lymphoma and Acute Leukemia. He routinely takes care of patients with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Acute Myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome etc. who require autologous or allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation as a curative treatment option for their malignancy.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- West Virginia University - Hematology/Oncology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- West Virginia University - Internal Medicine
- Aga Khan University Medical College(MD, - MD)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18964
Randomized Double-Blind Phase III Study of Ibrutinib During and Following Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation Versus Placebo in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma of the Activated B-cell Subtype
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: 748645 (Ibrutinib); Ibrutinib (Imbruvica); PCI-32765 (Ibrutinib); Placebo ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 19305
CD40-L Blockade for Prevention of Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: BMS-986004 (); FK506 (Tacrolimus); Rapamune (Sirolimus); Rapamycin (Sirolimus); Sirolimus (); Tacrolimus ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20156
Mindfulness in AYA Patients Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Pilot Proposal
Condition: Multiple Myeloma
- DiMaggio E, Zhou JM, Caddell R, Tombleson R, Perkins J, Anasetti C, Khimani F, Pidala J, Nishihori T, Perez L, Betts B, Fernandez HF, Mishra A. Reduced-intensity fludarabine/melphalan confers similar survival to busulfan/fludarabine myeloablative regimens for patients with acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplasia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2020 Mar.1-10. Pubmedid: 32133897.
- Logue JM, Zucchetti E, Bachmeier CA, Krivenko GS, Larson V, Ninh D, Grillo G, Cao B, Kim J, Chavez JC, Baluch A, Khimani F, Lazaryan A, Nishihori T, Liu HD, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Shah BD, Faramand R, Coghill AE, Davila ML, Dholaria BR, Jain MD, Locke FL. Immune reconstitution and associated infections following axicabtagene ciloleucel in relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma. Haematologica. 2020 Apr. Pubmedid: 32327504.
- Khimani F, McDonald GB, Shulman HM, Betts B, Locke F, Fernandez H, Anasetti C, Pidala J. Hepatic veno-occlusive disease following sirolimus-based immune suppression. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2019 Jan.54(1):85-89. Pubmedid: 29895929.
- Epperla N, Ahn KW, Litovich C, Ahmed S, Battiwalla M, Cohen JB, Dahi P, Farhadfar N, Farooq U, Freytes CO, Ghosh N, Haverkos B, Herrera A, Hertzberg M, Hildebrandt G, Inwards D, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Khimani F, Lazarus H, Lazaryan A, Lekakis L, Murthy H, Nathan S, Nishihori T, Pawarode A, Prestidge T, Ramakrishnan P, Rezvani AR, Romee R, Shah NN, Sureda A, Fenske TS, Hamadani M. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation provides effective salvage despite refractory disease or failed prior autologous transplant in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: a CIBMTR analysis. J Hematol Oncol. 2019 Jan.12(1):6. Pubmedid: 30630534. Pmcid: PMC6329157.
- Sim AJ, Jain MD, Figura N, Chavez JC, Shah BD, Khimani F, Lazarayan A, Krivenko G, Davila ML, Liu HD, Falchook AD, Dahiya S, Rapoport AP, Kim SU, Locke FL, Robinson TJ. Radiation Therapy as a Bridging Strategy for CAR T Cell Therapy With Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019 Dec.105(5):1012-1021. Pubmedid: 31175906. Pmcid: PMC6872916.
- Pidala J, Beato F, Kim J, Betts B, Jim H, Sagatys E, Levine JE, Ferrara JL, Ozbek U, Ayala E, Davila M, Fernandez HF, Field T, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Khaira D, Khimani F, Locke FL, Mishra A, Nieder M, Nishihori T, Perez L, Riches M, Anasetti C. IL-12/IL-23p40 neutralization blocks Th1/Th17 response after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Haematologica. 2018 Mar;103(3):531-539. Pubmedid: 29242294. Pmcid: PMC5830373.
- Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Kumar A, Stingo FE, Khimani F, Hussaini M, Ayala E, Nishihori T, Shah B, Locke FL, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Chavez JC. Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Richter Syndrome: A Single-Center Experience. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2018 Jan.18(1):e35-e39. Pubmedid: 29126867. Pmcid: PMC6716154.
- Murthy HS, Sheets K, Kumar A, Nishihori T, Mina A, Chavez JC, Ayala E, Field T, Mathews J, Locke F, Perez L, Betts BC, Khimani F, Miladinovic B, Tsalatsanis A, Ochoa-Bayona JL, Alsina M, Fernandez H, Pidala J, Anasetti C, Kharfan-Dabaja MA. Hypoalbuminemia at Day +90 Is Associated with Inferior Nonrelapse Mortality and Overall Survival in Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Recipients: A Confirmatory Study. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2018 Feb;24(2):400-405. Pubmedid: 29032266.
- Betts BC, Pidala J, Kim J, Mishra A, Nishihori T, Perez L, Ochoa-Bayona JL, Khimani F, Walton K, Bookout R, Nieder M, Khaira DK, Davila M, Alsina M, Field T, Ayala E, Locke FL, Riches M, Kharfan-Dabaja M, Fernandez H, Anasetti C. IL-2 promotes early Treg reconstitution after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Haematologica. 2017 May;102(5):948-957. Pubmedid: 28104702. Pmcid: PMC5477614.
- Khimani F, Kim J, Chen L, Dean E, Rizk V, Betts B, Nishihori T, Locke F, Mishra A, Perez L, Ayala E, Kharfan-Dabaja M, Nieder M, Fernandez H, Anasetti C, Pidala J. Predictors of overall survival among patients treated with sirolimus/tacrolimus vs methotrexate/tacrolimus for GvHD prevention. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2017 Jul;52(7):1003-1009. Pubmedid: 28368376.
- Khimani F, Jeong DK, Miladinovic B, Nishihori T, Ayala E, Locke F, Mishra A, Chavez J, Shah B, Gage K, Kharfan-Dabaja MA. Nonfluorodeoxyglucose-Avid Persistent Splenomegaly at Time of Transplantation Delays Neutrophil and Platelets Engraftment without Affecting Survival in Patients with Lymphomas Undergoing Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2016 Dec;22(12):2201-2207. Pubmedid: 27660169.
- Khimani F, Curley B, Almubarak M. Survey of Patients Referred to a University Cancer Center for Benign Hematology: Quality Measures and Patient Understanding. J Oncol Pract. 2015 Jan;11(1):26-29. Pubmedid: 25406129.
- Khimani F, Hoban C, Williams V, Mavromatis B, Auber ML, Abraham J, Higa GM. Efficacy of solubilized vemurafenib administered via nasogastric tube. Future Oncol. 2014 Feb;10(2):165-170. Pubmedid: 24490602.
- Palla AR, Khimani F, Craig MD. Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia with a Direct Antiglobulin Test Positive for C3 and Negative for IgG: A Case Study and Analytical Literature Review of Incidence and Severity. Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2013 May;6:57-60. Pubmedid: 23645992. Pmcid: PMC3623608.
- Kamal A, Khimani F, Raza R, Zafar S, Bandeali S, Jan S. Characteristics of TIA and its management in a tertiary care hospital in Pakistan. BMC Res Notes. 2008 Aug.1:73. Pubmedid: 18755043. Pmcid: PMC2546420.
- Majeed K, Mahmud H, Khawaja HR, Mansoor S, Masood S, Khimani F. Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Perceptions of Medical Students from Pakistan. Med Educ Online. 2007 Dec.12(1):4469. Pubmedid: 28253096.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.