Find a Doctor Search
Cancer Types Treated: Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Kubal completed his hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center, completing an MBA concurrently at the University of South Florida. Dr. Kubal's research and clinical interests are in myeloid malignancies with a particular focus in acute leukemias. In addition to his clinical efforts, Dr. Kubal serves as the medical director of process excellence and is focused on continuous improvement of the patient experience.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida - Hematology/Oncology
- University of North Carolina - Internal Medicine
- Florida State University College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17929
A Phase I/II, Multicenter, Open-label, Dose Escalation and Randomized Trial of BI 836858 in Patients with Low or Intermediate-1 Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Intervention: BI 836858
CLINICAL TRIAL 17865
SL-401 in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia or Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm
CLINICAL TRIAL 18876
A Phase 1/1b Open-Label Study to Determine the Safety and Tolerability of ALRN-6924 alone and in Combination with Cytarabine (Ara-C) in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia or Advanced Myelodysplastic Syndrome with Wild-Type TP53
Intervention: ALRN-6924; Cytarabine (Cytosine Arabinoside)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18939
An Open-label, Multicenter Phase 1 Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Splicing Modulator H3B-8800 for Subjects With Myelodysplastic Syndromes, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, and Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
CLINICAL TRIAL 18382
A Phase 1 Study of KB003 in Patients with Previously Treated Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19136
Randomized Phase II Study To Assess The Role Of Nivolumab As Single Agent To Eliminate Minimal Residual Disease And Maintain Remission In Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) Patients After Chemotherapy (REMAIN TRIAL)
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab; Not Applicable
CLINICAL TRIAL 18973
A Phase 1b/2 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of APR-246 in Combination with Azacitidine for the Treatment of TP53 Mutant Myeloid Neoplasms
Intervention: APR-246; azacitidine (5-azacitidine)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18083
Phase II Randomized Study of Lower Doses of Decitabine (DAC; 20 mg/m^2 IV daily for 3 days every month) versus Azacitidine (AZA; 75 mg/m^2 SC/IV daily for 3 days every month) versus Azcitidine (AZA; 75 mg/m^2 SC/IV daily for 5 days every month) in MDS Patients with Low and Intermediate-1 Risk Disease Transfusion-Dependent versus Best Supportive Care (BSC) in MDS Patients with Low and Intermediate-1 Risk Disease Transfusion-Independent
Intervention: azacitidine (5-azacitidine); decitabine (5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18610
A Phase I-II Study of Triciribine Phosphate Monohydrate (PTX-200) Plus Cytarabine in Refractory or Relapsed Acute Leukemia
Intervention: Cytarabine (Cytosine Arabinoside); PTX-200; Triciribine Phosphate monohydrate (PTX-200)
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Griffin PT, Komrokji RS, Sweet K, Al Ali NH, Padron E, Kubal TE, List AF, Lancet JE. Bone marrow cellularity at day 14 is the most important predictive factor for response in patients with AML who require double-induction chemotherapy: Analysis from a large, single institution experience. Am J Hematol. 2017 Mar;92(3):232-237. Pubmedid: 28006850.
- Kubal T, Letson DG, Chiappori AA, Springett GM, Shimkhada R, Tamondong Lachica D, Peabody JW. Longitudinal cohort study to determine effectiveness of a novel simulated case and feedback system to improve clinical pathway adherence in breast, lung and GI cancers. BMJ Open. 2016 Sep;6(9):e012312. Pubmedid: 27625063. Pmcid: PMC5030551.
- Kubal T, Peabody JW, Friedman E, Levine R, Pursell S, Letson DG. Using Vignettes to Measure and Encourage Adherence to Clinical Pathways in a Quality-Based Oncology Network: An Early Report on the Moffitt Oncology Network Initiative. Manag Care. 2015 Oct;24(10):56-64. Pubmedid: 26665718.
- Dalia S, Sagatys E, Sokol L, Kubal T. Rosai-Dorfman disease: tumor biology, clinical features, pathology, and treatment. Cancer Control. 2014 Oct;21(4):322-327. Pubmedid: 25310213.
- Kubal T, Lancet JE. The thorny issue of relapsed acute myeloid leukemia. Curr Opin Hematol. 2013 Mar;20(2):100-106. Pubmedid: 23385612.
- Kim R, Kubal T. To give or not to give anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibodies to patients with KRAS G13D mutation in advanced colorectal cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2012 Jun;11(2):85-87. Pubmedid: 22169039.
- Winokur RS, Kubal T, Liu D, Davis SF, Smith BN. Recurrent excitation in the dentate gyrus of a murine model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2004 Feb;58(2-3):93-105. Pubmedid: 15120741.