Find a Doctor
Timothy Kubal, MD, MBA
Program: Malignant Hematology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Leukemia , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Kubal completed his hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center, completing an MBA concurrently at the University of South Florida. Dr. Kubal's research and clinical interests are in myeloid malignancies with a particular focus in acute leukemias. In addition to his clinical efforts, Dr. Kubal serves as the medical director of process excellence and is focused on continuous improvement of the patient experience.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida - Hematology/Oncology
- University of North Carolina - Internal Medicine
- Florida State University College of Medicine - MD
- Hicks JK, Quilitz RE, Komrokji RS, Kubal TE, Lancet JE, Pasikhova Y, Qin D, So W, Caceres G, Kelly K, Salchert YS, Shahbazian K, Abbas-Aghababazadeh F, Fridley BL, Velez AP, McLeod HL, Greene JN. Prospective CYP2C19-Guided Voriconazole Prophylaxis in Patients With Neutropenic Acute Myeloid Leukemia Reduces the Incidence of Subtherapeutic Antifungal Plasma Concentrations. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2019 Sep. Pubmedid: 31549389.
- Sugalski JM, Kubal T, Mulkerin DL, Caires RL, Moore PJ, Fiorarancio Fahy R, Gordon JN, Augustyniak CZ, Szymanski GM, Olsen M, Frantz DK, Quinn MA, Kidd SK, Krause DM, Carlson RW, Stewart FM. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Infusion Efficiency Workgroup Study: Optimizing Patient Flow in Infusion Centers. J Oncol Pract. 2019 May.15(5):e458-e466. Pubmedid: 30964732.
- Colonna S, Sweetenham J, Burgon TB, Buys SS, Lynch R, Au T, Johnson E, Kubal T, Paculdo D, Acelajado MC, Peabody JW. A Better Pathway? Building Consensus and Engaging Providers with Feedback to Improve and Standardize Cancer Care. Clin Breast Cancer. 2019 Apr.19(2):e376-e384. Pubmedid: 30711440.
- Griffin PT, Komrokji RS, Sweet K, Al Ali NH, Padron E, Kubal TE, List AF, Lancet JE. Bone marrow cellularity at day 14 is the most important predictive factor for response in patients with AML who require double-induction chemotherapy: Analysis from a large, single institution experience. Am J Hematol. 2017 Mar;92(3):232-237. Pubmedid: 28006850.
- Kubal T, Letson DG, Chiappori AA, Springett GM, Shimkhada R, Tamondong Lachica D, Peabody JW. Longitudinal cohort study to determine effectiveness of a novel simulated case and feedback system to improve clinical pathway adherence in breast, lung and GI cancers. BMJ Open. 2016 Sep;6(9):e012312. Pubmedid: 27625063. Pmcid: PMC5030551.
- Kubal T, Peabody JW, Friedman E, Levine R, Pursell S, Letson DG. Using Vignettes to Measure and Encourage Adherence to Clinical Pathways in a Quality-Based Oncology Network: An Early Report on the Moffitt Oncology Network Initiative. Manag Care. 2015 Oct;24(10):56-64. Pubmedid: 26665718.
- Dalia S, Sagatys E, Sokol L, Kubal T. Rosai-Dorfman disease: tumor biology, clinical features, pathology, and treatment. Cancer Control. 2014 Oct;21(4):322-327. Pubmedid: 25310213.
- Kubal T, Lancet JE. The thorny issue of relapsed acute myeloid leukemia. Curr Opin Hematol. 2013 Mar;20(2):100-106. Pubmedid: 23385612.
- Kim R, Kubal T. To give or not to give anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibodies to patients with KRAS G13D mutation in advanced colorectal cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2012 Jun;11(2):85-87. Pubmedid: 22169039.
- Winokur RS, Kubal T, Liu D, Davis SF, Smith BN. Recurrent excitation in the dentate gyrus of a murine model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2004 Feb;58(2-3):93-105. Pubmedid: 15120741.