Find a Doctor
Alice Yu, MD
Program: Genitourinary Oncology
Cancer Focus: Bladder Cancer , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Penile Cancer, Prostate Cancer , Testicular Cancer
Dr. Yu received her MD from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She completed a Urology Residency at the McGill University Health Center. Subsequently, she spent two years in Boston, Massachusetts where she completed a Urologic Oncology Fellowship in the Combined Harvard Program at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Yu’s clinical practice focuses on the surgical treatment of urologic cancers including prostate, bladder, kidney, penile and testicular cancer, using minimally invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) and open techniques. She is interested in surgical outcomes research and quality improvement with a focus on bladder and prostate cancers.
Education & Training
- Massachusetts General Hospital Brigham and Women's Hospital - Urologic Oncology
- Massachusetts General Hospital Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Society of Urologic Oncology
- McGill University Health Center - Urology
- McGill University - MD
- Yu A, Zlatev DV, Blute ML. Revisiting the role of lymph node dissection in renal cell carcinoma. Ann Transl Med. 2019 Jul.7(Suppl 3):S91. Pubmedid: 31576299. Pmcid: PMC6685843.
- Yu A, Mansure JJ, Solanki S, Siemens DR, Koti M, Dias ABT, Burnier MM, Brimo F, Kassouf W. Presence of lymphocytic infiltrate cytotoxic T lymphocyte CD3+, CD8+, and immunoscore as prognostic marker in patients after radical cystectomy. PLoS One. 2018 Oct.13(10):e0205746. Pubmedid: 30308033. Pmcid: PMC6181418.
- Yu A, Capolicchio JP. A case of epidermoid median raphe cyst traversing the corpora cavernosa. Can Urol Assoc J. 2017 Mar.11(3-4):E119-E121. Pubmedid: 28360959. Pmcid: PMC5365388.
- Yu A, Campeau L. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell therapy for voiding dysfunction. Curr Urol Rep. 2015 Jul.16(7):49. Pubmedid: 26025492.
- Elkoushy MA, Yu AX, Tabah R, Payne RJ, Dragomir A, Andonian S. Determinants of urolithiasis before and after parathyroidectomy in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Urology. 2014 Jul.84(1):22-26. Pubmedid: 24703459.
- Yu A, Giannone T, Scheffler P, Doonan RJ, Egiziano G, Gomez YH, Papaioannou TG, Daskalopoulou SS. The effect of oral contraceptive pills and the natural menstrual cYCLe on arterial stiffness and hemodynamICs (CYCLIC). J Hypertens. 2014 Jan.32(1):100-107. Pubmedid: 24326993.
- Scheffler P, Muccio S, Egiziano G, Doonan RJ, Yu A, Carli F, Daskalopoulou SS. Heart rate variability exhibits complication-dependent changes postsurgery. Angiology. 2013 Nov.64(8):597-603. Pubmedid: 23091271.
- Yu A, Shahrour W, Andonian S. Simultaneous bilateral tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomy: A report of 2 cases and review of the literature. Can Urol Assoc J. 2012 Aug.6(4):E162-E166. Pubmedid: 23093570. Pmcid: PMC3430725.
- Doonan RJ, Scheffler P, Yu A, Egiziano G, Mutter A, Bacon S, Carli F, Daskalopoulos ME, Daskalopoulou SS. Altered arterial stiffness and subendocardial viability ratio in young healthy light smokers after acute exercise. PLoS One. 2011 Oct.6(10):e26151. Pubmedid: 22028821. Pmcid: PMC3189960.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.