Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Jobelle Baldonado, MD
Specialty: Thoracic Surgery
Program: Thoracic Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Esophageal Cancer , Lung Cancer , Mesothelioma , Pancoast Tumor , Thymoma
Dr. Baldonado received her MD degree from the University of the Philippines College of Medicine. She remained at the University of the Philippines to complete an integrated residency in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. She then completed a Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center, followed by a Cardiovascular Surgery Fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Baldonado’s clinical interests are in minimally invasive lung cancer and esophageal cancer surgery, including lobectomy, segmentectomy, esophagectomy, and the management of chest wall tumors. Her research interests focus on ground glass opacities as initial presentation of lung cancers as well as surgical outcomes.
Education & Training
- University of the Philippines - MD
- Baldonado JJAR, Amaral M, Garrett J, Moodie C, Robinson L, Keenan R, Toloza EM, Fontaine JP. Credentialing for robotic lobectomy: what is the learning curve? A retrospective analysis of 272 consecutive cases by a single surgeon. J Robot Surg. 2018 Dec.13(5):663-669. Pubmedid: 30560496.
- Abrahan Iv LL, Obillos SMO, Aherrera JAM, Magno JDA, Uy-Agbayani CCC, Gopez UKG, Baldonado JJAR. A Rare Case of Pneumopericardium in the Setting of Tuberculous Constrictive Pericarditis. Case Rep Cardiol. 2017 Jun.2017:4257452. Pubmedid: 28634555. Pmcid: PMC5467283.
- De Roxas RC, Bagnas MA, Baldonado JJ, Rivera JP, Roxas AA. Clinical Profile and Outcome of Postthymectomy versus Non-Thymectomy Myasthenia Gravis Patients in the Philippine General Hospital: A 6-Year Retrospective Study. Front Neurol. 2016 Jun.7:96. Pubmedid: 27445963. Pmcid: PMC4914503.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.