Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Jingsong Zhang is a genitourinary oncologist at Moffitt Cancer Center and an assistant professor of oncology and internal medicine at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. His primary interest is in developing new treatments for prostate cancer. As a member of the Moffitt experimental therapeutics program, Dr. Zhang is researching novel agents that might inhibit the repair pathway that allows cancer cells to survive despite DNA damaging chemotherapy treatment. He is a principal investigator in an American Society of Clinical Oncology grant to target DNA damage repair pathways in metastatic prostate cancer. Dr. Zhang received his medical degree from Peking Union Medical College in China, followed by a Ph.D. in pathology from the University of Southern California. He served as a post-doctoral research fellow at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, before pursuing a residency in internal medicine at New York Downtown Hospital and fellowship in hematology/oncology at University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center. Dr. Zhang has been published in numerous medical journals and is board certified in both medical oncology and internal medicine. He is fluent in English and Chinese.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center - Hematology-Oncology
- New York Downtown Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Peking Union Medical College - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17981
A Pilot Study of Adaptive Abiraterone Therapy for Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
Intervention: Abiraterone acetate; Zytiga (Abiraterone acetate)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18788
A Phase 2 Study of Check Point Inhibitor, Durvalumab (MEDI4736) for Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) Refractory Urothelial Carcinoma in Situ (CIS) of the Bladder
Intervention: AMP-514 (Durvalumab); Durvalumab; MEDI4736 (Durvalumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18885
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Study of ODM-201 Versus Placebo in Addition to Standard Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Docetaxel in Patients with Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
Intervention: ODM-201; Placebo; Taxotere (docetaxel); docetaxel
CLINICAL TRIAL 18521
A Phase 1/2 Open-Label Study of the Safety, Tolerability and Efficacy of the Selective Inhibitor of Nuclear Export (SINE)Compound KPT-8602 in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Cancer Indications
Intervention: Abiraterone acetate; Dexamethasone; KPT-8602; Zytiga (Abiraterone acetate)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18986
TRITON2: A Multicenter, Open-label Phase 2 Study of Rucaparib in Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Associated with Homologous Recombination Deficiency.
Intervention: AG-014447 (Rucaparib); CO-338 (Rucaparib); PF-01367338-BW (Rucaparib); Rucaparib
CLINICAL TRIAL 19102
A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study Of Atezolizumab (Anti−PD-L1 Antibody) As Monotherapy And In Combination With Platinum-Based Chemotherapy In Patients With Untreated Locally Advanced Or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Gemzar (gemcitabine); Paraplatin (carboplatin); carboplatin; cisplatin; gemcitabine
CLINICAL TRIAL 18963
A Phase III, Open Label, Randomized Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Olaparib (Lynparza) Versus Enzalutamide or Abiraterone Acetate in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Who Have Failed Prior Treatment with a New Hormonal Agent and Have Homologous Recombination Repair Gene Mutations (Profound)
Intervention: Abiraterone acetate; Enzalutamide; Olaparib (Lynparza); Zytiga (Abiraterone acetate); prednisone
CLINICAL TRIAL 17753
Focal Prostate Radio-Frequency Ablation for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
CLINICAL TRIAL 18345
A Phase 1 Trial of MK-3475 Plus Ziv-Aflibercept in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: MK-3475 (Keytruda); Ziv-aflibercept
CLINICAL TRIAL 18906
A Phase 1 Dose Escalation and Cohort Expansion Study of TSR-022, an anti-TIM-3 Monoclonal Antibody, in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab; TSR-022; TSR-042
CLINICAL TRIAL 18878
A Single-Arm, Multicenter, Phase 2 Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Lenvatinib in Combination with Everolimus in Subjects with Unresectable Advanced or Metastatic Non Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma (nccRCC) Who Have Not Received any Chemotherapy for Advanced Disease
Intervention: E7080 (Lenvatinib); Lenvatinib (Lenvima); everolimus (RAD001)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18536
Coordinated High Dose Interleukin-2 (aldesleukin, Proleukin) and Pembrolizumab (anti-PD1, Keytruda) for Therapy of Metastatic Kidney Cancer
Intervention: IL-2 (Interleukin-2); Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18938
A Phase 1 Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of MAGE-A3/A6 T Cell Receptor Engineered T Cells (KITE-718) in HLA-DPB1*0401 Positive Subjects with Advanced Cancers
Intervention: Aldesleukin (Interleukin-2); IL-2 (Interleukin-2); Interleukin-2; KITE-718; MESNA; Proleukin (Interleukin-2); cyclophosphamide; cytoxan (cyclophosphamide); fludarabine (Fludarabine phosphate)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18980
A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized,Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Study of Atezolizumab (AntiPd-L1 Antibody) as Adjuvant Therapy in Patients with Renal Cell Carcinoma at High Risk of Developing Metastasis Following Nephrectomy
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Placebo
CLINICAL TRIAL 18787
A Phase III, Open Label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Instiladrin (rAd-IFN/Syn3)Administered Intravesically to Patients with High Grade, BCG Unresponsive Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
CLINICAL TRIAL 19109
A Phase 1/2, Open-label, Multicenter, Dose Escalation and Dose Expansion Study of NKTR-214 and Nivolumab in Patients with Select Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumor Malignancies
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); NKTR-214; Nivolumab
CLINICAL TRIAL 19228
A Phase 2, Multi-Center, Open Label Study of NIR178 in Combination with PDR001 in Patients with Selected Advanced Solid Tumors and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Intervention: NIR178; Not Applicable; PDR001
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Powles T, O'Donnell PH, Massard C, Arkenau HT, Friedlander TW, Hoimes CJ, Lee JL, Ong M, Sridhar SS, Vogelzang NJ, Fishman MN, Zhang J, Srinivas S, Parikh J, Antal J, Jin X, Gupta AK, Ben Y, Hahn NM. Efficacy and Safety of Durvalumab in Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma: Updated Results From a Phase 1/2 Open-label Study. JAMA Oncol. 2017 Sep;3(9):e172411. Pubmedid: 28817753.
- Zhang J, Cunningham JJ, Brown JS, Gatenby RA. Integrating evolutionary dynamics into treatment of metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer. Nat Commun. 2017 Nov;8(1):1816. Pubmedid: 29180633. Pmcid: PMC5703947.
- You L, Brown JS, Thuijsman F, Cunningham JJ, Gatenby RA, Zhang J, Staňková K. Spatial vs. non-spatial eco-evolutionary dynamics in a tumor growth model. J Theor Biol. 2017 Dec;435:78-97. Pubmedid: 28870617.
- Leone AR, Zargar-Shoshtari K, Diorio GJ, Sharma P, Boulware D, Gilbert SM, Powsang JM, Zhang J, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Elderly Patients With Bladder Cancer: Oncologic Outcomes From a Single Institution Experience. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017 Aug;15(4):e583-e589. Pubmedid: 28410909.
- Zargar-Shoshtari K, Kongnyuy M, Sharma P, Fishman MN, Gilbert SM, Poch MA, Pow-Sang JM, Spiess PE, Zhang J, Sexton WJ. Clinical role of additional adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced urothelial carcinoma following neoadjuvant chemotherapy and cystectomy. World J Urol. 2016 Nov;34(11):1567-1573. Pubmedid: 27072536.
- Wu M, Seto E, Zhang J. E2F1 enhances glycolysis through suppressing Sirt6 transcription in cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015 May;6(13):11252-11263. Pubmedid: 25816777. Pmcid: PMC4484454.
- Wu M, Dickinson SI, Wang X, Zhang J. Expression and function of SIRT6 in muscle invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Sep;7(10):6504-6513. Pubmedid: 25400728. Pmcid: PMC4230126.
- Wu M, Wang X, McGregor N, Pienta K, Zhang J. Dynamic regulation of Rad51 by E2F1 and p53 in prostate cancer cells upon drug-induced DNA damage under hypoxia. Mol Pharmacol. 2014 Jun;85(6):866-876. Pubmedid: 24627085. Pmcid: PMC4014666.
- Liu JJ, Zhang J. Sequencing systemic therapies in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Cancer Control. 2013 Jul;20(3):181-187. Pubmedid: 23811702.
- Henderson-Jackson E, Sexton W, Zhang J, Hakam A, Petrovskyy VS, Bui MM, Chuang ST. Cystic prostatic ductal adenocarcinoma: an unusual presentation and cytological diagnosis. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012 Feb;42(1):81-88. Pubmedid: 22371914.
- Zhang J, Lee J, Urba S, Foster J, Worden F. A phase II trial evaluating weekly docetaxel and capecitabine in patients with metastatic or advanced, locally recurrent head and neck cancers. Cancer Invest. 2010 Nov;28(9):910-916. Pubmedid: 20590443.
- Kang HG, Jenabi JM, Zhang J, Keshelava N, Shimada H, May WA, Ng T, Reynolds CP, Triche TJ, Sorensen PH. E-cadherin cell-cell adhesion in ewing tumor cells mediates suppression of anoikis through activation of the ErbB4 tyrosine kinase. Cancer Res. 2007 Apr;67(7):3094-3105. Pubmedid: 17409416. Pmcid: PMC3906735.
- Hu-Lieskovan S, Zhang J, Wu L, Shimada H, Schofield DE, Triche TJ. EWS-FLI1 fusion protein up-regulates critical genes in neural crest development and is responsible for the observed phenotype of Ewing's family of tumors. Cancer Res. 2005 Jun;65(11):4633-4644. Pubmedid: 15930281.
- Zhang J, Hu S, Schofield DE, Sorensen PH, Triche TJ. Selective usage of D-Type cyclins by Ewing's tumors and rhabdomyosarcomas. Cancer Res. 2004 Sep;64(17):6026-6034. Pubmedid: 15342383.
- Tsao JL, Zhang J, Salovaara R, Li ZH, Järvinen HJ, Mecklin JP, Aaltonen LA, Shibata D. Tracing cell fates in human colorectal tumors from somatic microsatellite mutations: evidence of adenomas with stem cell architecture. Am J Pathol. 1998 Oct;153(4):1189-1200. Pubmedid: 9777950. Pmcid: PMC1853055.
- Zhang J. Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor: an evolving paradigm in the treatment of prostate cancer. Asian J Androl. 16(3):401-406. Pubmedid: 24589464. Pmcid: PMC4023365.