Find a Doctor
Daniel Oliver, MD
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Program: Radiation Oncology
Cancer Focus: Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma , Meningioma , Pituitary Macroadenoma, Pituitary Microadenoma, Pituitary Neoplasm, Spinal Tumor
Dr. Daniel Oliver is an Assistant Member in the Section of Neuro-Oncology and Supportive Care in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Radiation Oncology. Prior to medical school, Dr. Oliver served on the faculties of music (cello) at University of Alaska-Fairbanks and Emory University. He received his MD from Emory University School of Medicine and completed a Radiation Oncology Residency at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida. Dr. Oliver’s clinical interests are in the use of stereotactic and conventional radiation therapy to treat patients with primary and metastatic tumors of the brain and spine. His research interests focus on improving outcomes in early metastatic disease through a multidisciplinary treatment approach and advanced radiotherapy techniques. He will also be exploring the use of artificial intelligence and personalized care models as part of the FORT (Future of Radiation Therapy) departmental research programs, especially as it pertains to pre-emptively predicting toxicity and trying to avoid adverse events.
Education & Training
- Mills MN, Thawani C, Figura NB, Oliver DE, Soyano AE, Etame A, Robinson TJ, Liu JK, Vogelbaum MA, Forsyth PA, Czerniecki BJ, Soliman HH, Han HS, Yu HM, Ahmed KA. Breast cancer subtype predicts clinical outcomes after stereotactic radiation for brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2021 Mar. Pubmedid: 33742358.
- Sim AJ, Ahmed KA, Keller A, Figura NB, Oliver DE, Sarangkasiri S, Robinson TJ, Johnstone PAS, Yu HM, Naghavi AO. Outcomes and the Role of Primary Histology Following LINAC-based Stereotactic Radiation for Sarcoma Brain Metastases. Am J Clin Oncol. 2020 May.43(5):356-361. Pubmedid: 32217854.
- Yang G, Mills M, Kim Y, Figura NB, Doyle C, Oliver D, Grass GD, Robinson T, Chavez J, Kim S. Enhancement of the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) with lymphopenia (FLIPI-L): a predictor for overall survival and histologic transformation. Blood Cancer J. 2020 Jan.9(12):104. Pubmedid: 31894139. Pmcid: PMC6938796.
- Figura NB, Oliver DE, Mohammadi H, Martinez K, Grass GD, Hoffe SE, Johnstone PAS, Frakes JM. Novel Dose Escalation Approaches for Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy to Adrenal Oligometastases: A Single-Institution Experience. Am J Clin Oncol. 2020 Feb.43(2):107-114. Pubmedid: 31764023.
- Perez MC, Oliver DE, Weitman ES, Boulware D, Messina JL, Torres-Roca J, Cruse CW, Gonzalez RJ, Sarnaik AA, Sondak VK, Wuthrick EJ, Harrison LB, Zager JS. Management of Sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis in Merkel Cell Carcinoma: Completion Lymphadenectomy, Radiation, or Both?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2019 Feb.26(2):379-385. Pubmedid: 30311164. Pmcid: PMC7771265.
- Palm RF, Oliver DE, Yang GQ, Abuodeh Y, Naghavi AO, Johnstone PAS. The role of dose escalation and proton therapy in perioperative or definitive treatment of chondrosarcoma and chordoma: An analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. Cancer. 2019 Feb.125(4):642-651. Pubmedid: 30644538.
- Figura NB, Potluri TK, Mohammadi H, Oliver DE, Arrington JA, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu JK, Soliman H, Forsyth PA, Sahebjam S, Yu HM, Han HS, Ahmed KA. CDK 4/6 inhibitors and stereotactic radiation in the management of hormone receptor positive breast cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2019 Aug.144(3):583-589. Pubmedid: 31399935.
- Oliver DE, Mohammadi H, Figura N, Frakes JM, Yamoah K, Perez BA, Wuthrick EJ, Naghavi AO, Caudell JJ, Harrison LB, Torres-Roca JF, Ahmed KA. Novel Genomic-Based Strategies to Personalize Lymph Node Radiation Therapy. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2019 Apr.29(2):111-125. Pubmedid: 30827449.
- Perez MC, de Pinho FR, Holstein A, Oliver DE, Naqvi SMH, Kim Y, Messina JL, Burke E, Gonzalez RJ, Sarnaik AA, Cruse CW, Wuthrick EJ, Harrison LB, Sondak VK, Zager JS. Resection Margins in Merkel Cell Carcinoma: Is a 1-cm Margin Wide Enough?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Oct.25(11):3334-3340. Pubmedid: 30073600. Pmcid: PMC7771268.
- Oliver DE, Sondak VK, Strom T, Zager JS, Naghavi AO, Sarnaik A, Messina JL, Caudell JJ, Trotti AM, Torres-Roca JF, Khushalani NI, Harrison LB. Interferon is associated with improved survival for node-positive cutaneous melanoma: a single-institution experience. Melanoma Manag. 2018 Jun.5(1):MMT02. Pubmedid: 30190928. Pmcid: PMC6122528.
- Mills MN, Yang GQ, Oliver DE, Liveringhouse CL, Ahmed KA, Orman AG, Laronga C, Hoover SJ, Khakpour N, Costa RLB, Diaz R. Histologic heterogeneity of triple negative breast cancer: A National Cancer Centre Database analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2018 Jul.98:48-58. Pubmedid: 29870876.
- Armanious MA, Mohammadi H, Khodor S, Oliver DE, Johnstone PA, Fradley MG. Cardiovascular effects of radiation therapy. Curr Prob Cancer. 2018 Jul.42(4):433-442. Pubmedid: 30006103.
- Oliver DE, Donnelly OG, Grass GD, Naghavi AO, Yang GQ, Dilling TJ, Perez BA. Extracranial metastatic burden in extensive-stage small cell lung cancer: implications for prophylactic cranial irradiation. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Jul.10(7):4321-4327. Pubmedid: 30174879. Pmcid: PMC6106034.
- Yuan Z, Fromm A, Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Yang GQ, Oliver DE, Dilling TJ, Antonia SJ, Perez BA. Radiotherapy Rescue of a Nivolumab-Refractory Immune Response in a Patient with PD-L1-Negative Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2017 Sep.12(9):e135-e136. Pubmedid: 28502722.
- Patel KR, Shoukat S, Oliver DE, Chowdhary M, Rizzo M, Lawson DH, Khosa F, Liu Y, Khan MK. Ipilimumab and Stereotactic Radiosurgery Versus Stereotactic Radiosurgery Alone for Newly Diagnosed Melanoma Brain Metastases. Am J Clin Oncol. 2017 Oct.40(5):444-450. Pubmedid: 26017484.
- Strom T, Torres-Roca JF, Parekh A, Naghavi AO, Caudell JJ, Oliver DE, Messina JL, Khushalani NI, Zager JS, Sarnaik A, Mulé JJ, Trotti AM, Eschrich SA, Sondak VK, Harrison LB. Regional Radiation Therapy Impacts Outcome for Node-Positive Cutaneous Melanoma. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2017 Apr.15(4):473-482. Pubmedid: 28404758. Pmcid: PMC7771284.
- Oliver DE, Patel KR, Switchenko J, Parker D, Lawson DH, Delman KA, Kudchadkar RR, Khan MK. Roles of adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy for desmoplastic melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2016 Feb.26(1):35-41. Pubmedid: 26397051. Pmcid: PMC4869869.
- Patel KR, Lawson DH, Kudchadkar RR, Carthon BC, Oliver DE, Okwan-Duodu D, Ahmed R, Khan MK. Two heads better than one? Ipilimumab immunotherapy and radiation therapy for melanoma brain metastases. Neurooncol. 2015 Oct.17(10):1312-1321. Pubmedid: 26014049. Pmcid: PMC4578585.
- Oliver DE, Patel KR, Parker D, Delman KA, Lawson DH, Kudchadkar RR, Khan MK. The emerging role of radiotherapy for desmoplastic melanoma and implications for future research. Melanoma Res. 2015 Apr.25(2):95-102. Pubmedid: 25588202.
- Patel KR, Prabhu RS, Kandula S, Oliver DE, Kim S, Hadjipanayis C, Olson JJ, Oyesiku N, Curran WJ, Khan MK, Shu HK, Crocker I. Intracranial control and radiographic changes with adjuvant radiation therapy for resected brain metastases: whole brain radiotherapy versus stereotactic radiosurgery alone. J Neurooncol. 2014 Dec.120(3):657-663. Pubmedid: 25189789.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.