Find a Doctor Search
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Chau received his MD from University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL. He did his residency at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine and a Breast Imaging and Ultrasound Fellowship at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute. He joined Moffitt in 2008 as an Assistant Member. Dr. Chau is a dedicated and skilled member of the Breast Imaging team. He is also involved in internal and external grants and clinical trials.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Breast Imaging & Ultrasound
- University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Florida, College of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Agosto-Arroyo E, Rosa M, Chau A, Khazai L. Concurrent BRAF and PTEN mutations in melanoma of unknown origin presenting as a breast mass. SAGE Open Med Case Rep. 2017 May;5. Pubmedid: 28607685. Pmcid: PMC5456025.
- Chai C, Szabunio M, Cook C, Zager J, Messina J, Chau A, Sondak V. Pre-SN Ultrasound-FNAC for Lymph Node Metastases in Melanoma Patients: A Reply. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017 Dec;24(Suppl 3):663-664. Pubmedid: 29134381.
- Khazai L, Chau A, Hoover S, Rosa M. Papillary endothelial hyperplasia arising in the irradiated breast: A diagnostic dilemma. Pathol Res Pract. 2016 Jul;212(7):604-607. Pubmedid: 27157404.
- Chau A, Jafarian N, Rosa M. Male Breast: Clinical and Imaging Evaluations of Benign and Malignant Entities with Histologic Correlation. Am J Med. 2016 Aug;129(8):776-791. Pubmedid: 26844632.
- Adams MC, Falcon S, Mooney BP, Laronga C, Chau A, Drukteinis JS. Short-term imaging follow-up of patients with concordant benign breast core needle biopsies: is it really worth it?. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2014 Nov;20(6):464-469. Pubmedid: 25205024. Pmcid: PMC4463290.
- Lee MC, Joh JE, Chau A. Axillary staging prior to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: the roles of sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary ultrasonography. Cancer Control. 2012 Oct;19(4):277-285. Pubmedid: 23037495.
- Turaga KK, Chau A, Eatrides JM, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Laronga C, Lee MC. Selective application of routine preoperative axillary ultrasonography reduces costs for invasive breast cancers. Oncologist. 2012 Jan;16(7):942-948. Pubmedid: 21572122. Pmcid: PMC3228129.
- Chai CY, Zager JS, Szabunio MM, Marzban SS, Chau A, Rossi RM, Sondak VK. Preoperative ultrasound is not useful for identifying nodal metastasis in melanoma patients undergoing sentinel node biopsy: preoperative ultrasound in clinically node-negative melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012 Apr;19(4):1100-1106. Pubmedid: 22193886. Pmcid: PMC4504035.
- Lee MC, Eatrides J, Chau A, Han G, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Cox CE, Carter WB, Laronga C. Consequences of axillary ultrasound in patients with T2 or greater invasive breast cancers. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Jan;18(1):72-77. Pubmedid: 20585876.
- Chau A, Romilly P, Diaz N. Bilateral breast masses. Cancer Control. 11(4):265. Pubmedid: 15284718.