Find a Doctor
Cyrillo R. Araujo, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Liver Cancer , Lung Cancer , Mesothelioma , Pancoast Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Prostate Cancer , Sarcoma , Thymoma , Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Gallbladder Cancer
Dr. Cyrillo Araujo is an Associate Member in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Araujo earned his MD at the University of Goias, Brazil. He completed a radiology residency at the University of Goias, Brazil, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Araujo completed a research fellowship in Body MRI at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, and a Body Imaging Fellowship and MSK Ultrasound at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Araujo was previously at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He also served as Vice-Chair for Quality and Safety in Radiology and Director of Ultrasound Division and Education Head for Ultrasound. Dr. Araujo offers considerable expertise and experience in clinical imaging quality assurance programs and holds responsibility for radiology QA at Moffitt. His clinical interests include high-resolution CT of the chest, prostate, liver, pancreas and biliary oncologic imaging. He has advanced clinical expertise on pelvic imaging and all aspects of general ultrasound including Doppler, shear-wave liver elastography, and musculoskeletal ultrasound.
Education & Training
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Body MRI
- Thomas Jefferson University - Body Imaging and MSK Ultrasound
- University of Goias - Radiology
- University of Goias - MD
- Evens A, Cyriac G, Jeong D, Araujo C, Gage K, Rose T. A Pictorial Essay of Immunotherapy: Complications that Internists Will See, Whether They Like it or Not. Am J Med. 2019 Mar;132(7):808-815. Pubmedid: 30849381.
- Tang SJ, Vilmann AS, Saftoiu A, Wang W, Streba C, Fink PP, Griswold M, Wu R, Dietrich CF, Jenssen C, Hocke M, Kantowski M, Pohl J, Fockens P, Annema JT, van der Heijden EH, Havre RF, Pham KD, Kunda R, Deprez PH, Mariana J, Vazquez-Sequeiros E, Larghi A, Buscarini E, Fusaroli P, Lahav M, Puri R, Garg PK, Sharma M, Maluf-Filho F, Sahai A, Brugge WR, Lee LS, Aslanian HR, Wang AY, Shami VM, Markowitz A, Siddiqui AA, Mishra G, Scheiman JM, Isenberg G, Siddiqui UD, Shah RJ, Buxbaum J, Watson RR, Willingham FF, Bhutani MS, Levy MJ, Harris C, Wallace MB, Nolsøe CP, Lorentzen T, Bang N, Sørensen SM, Gilja OH, D'Onofrio M, Piscaglia F, Gritzmann N, Radzina M, Sparchez ZA, Sidhu PS, Freeman S, McCowan TC, de Araujo CR, Patel A, Ali MA, Campbell G, Chen E, Vilmann P. EUS Needle Identification Comparison and Evaluation study (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Sep;84(3):424-433.e2. Pubmedid: 26873530. Pmcid: PMC5570521.
- Souza FF, Smith A, Araujo C, Jagannathan J, Johnston C, O'Regan K, Shinagare A, Ramaiya N. New targeted molecular therapies for cancer: radiological response in intrathoracic malignancies and cardiopulmonary toxicity: what the radiologist needs to know. Cancer Imaging. 2014 Jul;14:26. Pubmedid: 25608887. Pmcid: PMC4331831.
- Sebastian S, Araujo C, Neitlich JD, Berland LL. Managing incidental findings on abdominal and pelvic CT and MRI, Part 4: white paper of the ACR Incidental Findings Committee II on gallbladder and biliary findings. J Am Coll Radiol. 2013 Dec;10(12):953-956. Pubmedid: 24295947.