Find a Doctor
Sam Hafez, MD
Education & Training
- Tampa General Hospital - Anesthesiology
- Tampa General Hospital - Interventional Pain
- University of South Florida - Anesthesiology
- American University - MD
- Muncey AR, Sweeney J, Hafez O. Placement of a Double-Lumen Endotracheal Tube Using a Combined Bronchoscopy and Fluoroscopy Technique: A Case Report. A A Pract. 2020 Apr.14(6):e01198. Pubmedid: 32784316.
- Shah NA, Catlin E, Jassal N, Hafez O, Padalia D. Retained Curved Needle After Balloon Kyphoplasty: A Complication with a Novel Device and Its Management. Cureus. 2019 Apr.11(4):e4367. Pubmedid: 31192072. Pmcid: PMC6551195.
- Hafez O, Ackerman RS, Evans T, Patel SY, Padalia DM. Mental Nerve Blocks for Lip Brachytherapy: A Case Report. A A Pract. 2018 May.10(10):265-266. Pubmedid: 29757796.
- Evans T, Hanna M, Hafez O, Patel SY. Use of Laryngeal Mask Airway to Preoxygenate and Ventilate Through a Laryngeal Stoma in a Patient Undergoing General Anesthesia: A Case Report. A A Pract. 2018 Jun.10(11):296-297. Pubmedid: 29634570.
- Patel S, Hafez O, Sexton WJ, Edwards DA. Perioperative Management of a Patient With an Intrathecal Drug Delivery Device Infusing Ziconotide: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Feb.8(4):78-80. Pubmedid: 28195861.
- Basler K, Malone A, Carmichael M, Hafez O, Padhya T, Boyev KP. Spontaneous Otorrhagia after Laparoscopic Pelvic Surgery: A Report of Two Cases. J Int Adv Otol. 2017 Dec.13(3):434-436. Pubmedid: 29092805.
- Patel S, Hafez O, Sexton WJ, Edwards DA. Perioperative Management of a Patient With an Intrathecal Drug Delivery Device Infusing Ziconotide. A A Case Rep. 2016 Dec. Pubmedid: 27941483.
- Chaudhry T, Hafez O, Barthel JS. Transient facial subcutaneous emphysema: an unusual complication of liquid nitrogen spray cryoablation of Barrett's esophagus. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012 Jun.75(6):1283-1285. Pubmedid: 21849169.
- Sokolowski B, Csus J, Hafez O, Haggerty H. Neurotrophic factors modulate hair cells and their potassium currents in chick otocyst explants. Eur J Neurosci. 1999 Feb.11(2):682-690. Pubmedid: 10051769.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.