Find a Doctor
Dr. Abraham Ahmed is an Assistant Member in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Abraham Ahmed earned his MD at Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan. He was a Research Fellow at the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit, and he completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Henry Ford Hospital Department of Radiology, also in Detroit, followed by an Abdominal Imaging Fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Ahmed’s clinical interests include Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Genitourinary Tumor imaging, as well as cross-sectional interventional procedures. Dr. Ahmed’s research interest includes advances in diagnosing hepatobiliary tumors and assessing the effects of treatment.
Education & Training
- Karmanos Cancer Institute -
- University of California - Abdominal Imaging
- Henry Ford Hospital - Radiology
- Vollman AT, Craig JG, Hulen R, Ahmed A, Zervos MJ, van Holsbeeck M. Review of three magnetic resonance arthrography related infections. World J Radiol. 2013 Feb.5(2):41-44. Pubmedid: 23494542. Pmcid: PMC3596610.
- Littrup PJ, Ahmed A, Aoun HD, Noujaim DL, Harb T, Nakat S, Abdallah K, Adam BA, Venkatramanamoorthy R, Sakr W, Pontes JE, Heilbrun LK. CT-guided percutaneous cryotherapy of renal masses. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007 Mar.18(3):383-392. Pubmedid: 17377184.
- Ahmed A, Littrup P. Percutaneous cryotherapy of the thorax: safety considerations for complex cases. Ajr Am J Roentgenol. 2006 Jun.186(6):1703-1706. Pubmedid: 16714662.