Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Cutaneous Lymphoma (CTCL), Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer , Ovarian Cancer , Vaginal Cancer
Dr. Montejo joined the Moffitt Radiation Oncology Faculty in 2013 and currently serves as the departmental section head for the gynecologic radiation oncology service and radiation oncology service at Moffitt International Plaza satellite. His clinical interests include management of lymphoma, female gynecologic and breast malignancies including application of brachytherapy and modern highly conformal image-guided external beam radiotherapy. His research interests include brachytherapy and adaptation of highly conformal image-guided external body radiosurgery techniques to gynecologic and breast malignancy applications.
Education & Training
- Radiation Oncology
- University of Utah Medical Center, Huntsman Cancer Hospital - Radiation Oncology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - MD
- Asamoah FA, Yarney J, Scott A, Vanderpuye V, Yuan Z, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Agyeman M, Boateng SN, Anarfi K, Aidoo C, Shahzad MM, Chern JY, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Yamoah K, Ahmed KA. Comparison of Definitive Cervical Cancer Management With Chemotherapy and Radiation Between Two Centers With Variable Resources and Opportunities for Improved Treatment. JCO Glob Oncol. 2020 Oct.6:1510-1518. Pubmedid: 33021855.
- Mohammadi H, Prince A, Figura NB, Peacock JS, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Eschrich SA, Torres-Roca JF, Ahmed KA. Using the Radiosensitivity Index (RSI) to Predict Pelvic Failure in Endometrial Cancer Treated With Adjuvant Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Mar.106(3):496-502. Pubmedid: 31759077. Pmcid: PMC7050205.
- Rishi A, Rollins M, Ahmed KA, Hunt DC, Sarkar P, Fernandez DC, Hoffman MS, Apte SM, Shahzad MMK, Chon HS, Chern JY, Wenham RM, Montejo ME. High-dose intensity-modulated chemoradiotherapy in vulvar squamous cell carcinoma: Outcome and toxicity. Gynecol Oncol. 2020 Feb.156(2):349-356. Pubmedid: 31771865.
- Parikh N, Keshishian E, Sharma A, Roca M, Manley B, Poch M, Grass GD, Torres-Roca J, Boulware D, Johnstone P, Montejo M, Smith J, Pow-Sang J, Yamoah K. Prostatic Artery Embolization Is Safe and Effective for Medically Recalcitrant Radiation-Induced Prostatitis. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2020 Apr.5(5):905-909. Pubmedid: 33083652. Pmcid: PMC7557125.
- Grass GD, Mills MN, Ahmed KA, Liveringhouse CL, Montejo ME, Robinson TJ, Chavez JC, Harrison LB, Kim S. Radiotherapy for early stage diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with or without double or triple hit genetic alterations. Leuk Lymphoma. 2019 Apr.60(4):886-893. Pubmedid: 30457458. Pmcid: PMC6596288.
- Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Orman AG, Liveringhouse C, Montejo ME, Soliman HH, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Torres-Roca JF, Diaz R. Personalizing Radiation Treatment Delivery in the Management of Breast Cancer. Int J Breast Cancer. 2018 Jun.2018:6729802. Pubmedid: 29984003. Pmcid: PMC6015692.
- Altazi BA, Zhang GG, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Hunt D, Werner J, Biagioli MC, Moros EG. Reproducibility of F18-FDG PET radiomic features for different cervical tumor segmentation methods, gray-level discretization, and reconstruction algorithms. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2017 Nov.18(6):32-48. Pubmedid: 28891217. Pmcid: PMC5689938.
- Mellon EA, Orman A, Joya LE, Montejo ME, Laronga C, Hoover SJ, Lee MC, Khakpour N, Kubal PF, Diaz R. Frequency of whole breast radiation therapy after intraoperative radiation therapy due to criteria identified by lumpectomy. Brachytherapy. 2017 Jul.16(1):174-180. Pubmedid: 27816540.
- Montejo ME, Shrieve DC, Bentz BG, Hunt JP, Buchman LO, Agarwal N, Hitchcock YJ. IMRT with simultaneous integrated boost and concurrent chemotherapy for locoregionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Dec.81(5):e845-e852. Pubmedid: 21167654.
- Montejo M, Werner TL, Gaffney D. Current challenges in clinical management of endometrial cancer. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2009 Aug.61(10):883-889. Pubmedid: 19422864.
- Torres-Roca JF, Cantor AB, Shukla S, Montejo ME, Friedland J, Seigne JD, Heysek R, Heysek, Randy, Pow-Sang J. Treatment of intermediate-risk prostate cancer with brachytherapy without supplemental pelvic radiotherapy: a review of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center experience. Urol Oncol. 2006 Sep.24(5):384-390. Pubmedid: 16962486.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.