Find a Doctor
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer , Ovarian Cancer , Vaginal Cancer
Dr. Montejo joined the Moffitt Radiation Oncology Faculty in 2013 and currently serves as the departmental section head for the gynecologic radiation oncology service and radiation oncology service at Moffitt International Plaza satellite. His clinical interests include management of lymphoma, female gynecologic and breast malignancies including application of brachytherapy and modern highly conformal image-guided external beam radiotherapy. His research interests include brachytherapy and adaptation of highly conformal image-guided external body radiosurgery techniques to gynecologic and breast malignancy applications.
Education & Training
- Radiation Oncology
- University of Utah Medical Center, Huntsman Cancer Hospital - Radiation Oncology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 18596
A Phase II Study of Preoperative Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR) for Early-Stage Breast Cancer: Introduction of a Novel Form of Accelerated Partial Breast Radiotherapy
Intervention: Not Applicable
CLINICAL TRIAL 18356
A Randomized Phase III Trial Comparing Axillary Lymph Node Dissection to Axillary Radiation in Breast Cancer Patients who have Positive Sentinel Lymph Node Disease After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
CLINICAL TRIAL 18386
A Randomized Phase III Clinical Trial Evaluating Post-Mastectomy Chestwall and Regional Nodal XRT and Post-Lumpectomy Regional Nodal XRT in Patients with Positive Axillary Nodes Before Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Who Convert to Pathologically Negative Axillary Nodes After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
Intervention: Not Applicable
CLINICAL TRIAL 19125
A Randomized Phase II Trial of Radiation Therapy and Cisplatin Alone or in Combination with Intravenous Triapine in Women with Newly Diagnosed Bulky Stage IB2, Stage II, IIIB, or IVA Cancer of the Uterine Cervix or Stage II-IVA Vaginal Cancer
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: Triapine; cisplatin
- Grass GD, Mills MN, Ahmed KA, Liveringhouse CL, Montejo MJ, Robinson TJ, Chavez JC, Harrison LB, Kim S. Radiotherapy for early stage diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with or without double or triple hit genetic alterations. Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Nov;1-8. Pubmedid: 30457458.
- Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Orman AG, Liveringhouse C, Montejo ME, Soliman HH, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Torres-Roca JF, Diaz R. Personalizing Radiation Treatment Delivery in the Management of Breast Cancer. Int J Breast Cancer. 2018 Jun;2018:6729802. Pubmedid: 29984003. Pmcid: PMC6015692.
- Altazi BA, Zhang GG, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Hunt D, Werner J, Biagioli MC, Moros EG. Reproducibility of F18-FDG PET radiomic features for different cervical tumor segmentation methods, gray-level discretization, and reconstruction algorithms. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2017 Nov;18(6):32-48. Pubmedid: 28891217. Pmcid: PMC5689938.
- Mellon EA, Orman A, Joya LE, Montejo ME, Laronga C, Hoover SJ, Lee MC, Khakpour N, Kubal PF, Diaz R. Frequency of whole breast radiation therapy after intraoperative radiation therapy due to criteria identified by lumpectomy. Brachytherapy. 2017 Jul;16(1):174-180. Pubmedid: 27816540.
- Montejo ME, Shrieve DC, Bentz BG, Hunt JP, Buchman LO, Agarwal N, Hitchcock YJ. IMRT with simultaneous integrated boost and concurrent chemotherapy for locoregionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Dec;81(5):e845-e852. Pubmedid: 21167654.
- Montejo M, Werner TL, Gaffney D. Current challenges in clinical management of endometrial cancer. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2009 Aug;61(10):883-889. Pubmedid: 19422864.
- Torres-Roca JF, Cantor AB, Shukla S, Montejo ME, Friedland J, Seigne JD, Heysek R, Heysek, Randy, Pow-Sang J. Treatment of intermediate-risk prostate cancer with brachytherapy without supplemental pelvic radiotherapy: a review of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center experience. Urol Oncol. 2006 Sep;24(5):384-390. Pubmedid: 16962486.