Find a Doctor
Hyo Han, MD
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Heather Han is the Research Director and medical oncologist in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Breast Oncology. She is dedicated to helping find a cure for the millions of women whose lives have been affected by a diagnosis of breast cancer. Dr. Han finds that Moffitt Cancer Center offers a unique health care environment in that outstanding physicians in every discipline work together for a common cause in the battle against cancer. She believes that the future of cancer is to provide personalized treatment for every patient. Moffitt’s Total Cancer Care initiative is making great strides toward this goal. Dr. Han is currently researching outcomes among breast cancer patients of different nationalities, including Asian, African American, Hispanic and Caucasian, to determine whether race may have an impact on disparities in chemotherapy toxicity. She is also a principal investigator for phase one and phase two clinical trials evaluating novel targeted breast cancer therapies designed to improve prognosis, reduce side-effects and improve quality of life. Dr. Han enjoys the opportunity to participate in Moffitt’s medical oncology fellowship program, serving as an instructor and mentor for the outstanding medical oncologists of the future.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - Hematology/Oncology
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation - Internal Medicine
- Seoul University College of Medicine(MD, - MD)
CLINICAL TRIAL 17268
I-SPY 2 TRIAL (Investigation of Serial Studies to Predict Your Therapeutic Response with Imaging And moLecular Analysis 2)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18979
Phase II Open-Label, Randomized Study of PARP inhibition (Olaparib) Either Alone or in Combination with Anti-PD-L1 Therapy (Atezolizumab; MPDL3280A) in Homologous DNA Repair (HDR) Deficient, Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-HER2-positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Olaparib (Lynparza)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18936
A Phase I-II Study of Interferon-gamma Plus Weekly Paclitaxel, Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab in Patients with HER-2 Positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: Herceptin (Trastuzumab); Pertuzumab (); Taxol (paclitaxel); Trastuzumab (); interferon gamma (Actimmune); paclitaxel (); rhuMAb HER2 (Trastuzumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20171
A Phase 1/2, Open-label, Dose Escalation, and Cohort Expansion Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of ARV-471 in Patients with ER+/HER2- Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer, Who Have Received Prior Hormonal Therapy and Chemotherapy in the Locally Advanced/Metastatic Setting
Intervention: ARV-471 ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20252
A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label, Active-Controlled Trial Of Ds-8201a, An Anti-Her2-Antibody Drug Conjugate (Adc), Versus Treatment Of Physicians Choice For Her2-low, Unresectable And/Or Metastatic Breast Cancer Subjects
Intervention: DS-8201a (); Eribulin (); Gemzar (gemcitabine); Nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane); Taxol (paclitaxel); Xeloda (capecitabine); capecitabine (); gemcitabine (); paclitaxel ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 18862
A phase 1, open-label, dose-escalation study to evaluate the safety and tolerability of SGN-LIV1A in patients with metastatic breast cancer
Intervention: Herceptin (Trastuzumab); SGN-LIV1A (); Trastuzumab (); rhuMAb HER2 (Trastuzumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20159
A Phase 1 Study of ZW49 in Patients with Locally Advanced (Unresectable) or Metastatic HER2-Expressing Cancers
Intervention: ZW49 ()
- Jayasekera J, Vadaparampil ST, Eggly S, Street RL, Foster Moore T, Isaacs C, Han HS, Augusto B, Garcia J, Lopez K, O'Neill SC. Question Prompt List to Support Patient-Provider Communication in the Use of the 21-Gene Recurrence Test: Feasibility, Acceptability, and Outcomes. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 May.JOP1900661. Pubmedid: 32463763.
- Jim HSL, Hoogland AI, Han HS, Culakova E, Heckler C, Janelsins M, Williams GC, Bower J, Cole S, Desta Z, Babilonia MB, Morrow G, Peppone L. A randomized placebo-controlled trial of bupropion for Cancer-related fatigue: Study design and procedures. Contemp Clin Trials. 2020 Mar.91:105976. Pubmedid: 32147571. Pmcid: PMC7263969.
- Mills MN, Figura NB, Arrington JA, Yu HM, Etame AB, Vogelbaum MA, Soliman H, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Han HS, Ahmed KA. Management of brain metastases in breast cancer: a review of current practices and emerging treatments. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020 Feb.180(2):279-300. Pubmedid: 32030570.
- Nanda R, Liu MC, Yau C, Shatsky R, Pusztai L, Wallace A, Chien AJ, Forero-Torres A, Ellis E, Han H, Clark A, Albain K, Boughey JC, Jaskowiak NT, Elias A, Isaacs C, Kemmer K, Helsten T, Majure M, Stringer-Reasor E, Parker C, Lee MC, Haddad T, Cohen RN, Asare S, Wilson A, Hirst GL, Singhrao R, Steeg K, Asare A, Matthews JB, Berry S, Sanil A, Schwab R, Symmans WF, van 't Veer L, Yee D, DeMichele A, Hylton NM, Melisko M, Perlmutter J, Rugo HS, Berry DA, Esserman LJ. Effect of Pembrolizumab Plus Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy on Pathologic Complete Response in Women With Early-Stage Breast Cancer: An Analysis of the Ongoing Phase 2 Adaptively Randomized I-SPY2 Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2020 Feb. Pubmedid: 32053137. Pmcid: PMC7058271.
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Sep.177(2):277-294. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Tan AR, Wright GS, Thummala AR, Danso MA, Popovic L, Pluard TJ, Han HS, Vojnović Ž, Vasev N, Ma L, Richards DA, Wilks ST, Milenković D, Yang Z, Antal JM, Morris SR, O'Shaughnessy J. Trilaciclib plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2019 Nov.20(11):1587-1601. Pubmedid: 31575503.
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Mohammadi H, Evernden B, Mokhtari S, Yu HM, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu J, Washington I, Diaz R, Czerniecki BJ, Soliman H, Han HS, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Clinical outcomes of breast leptomeningeal disease treated with intrathecal trastuzumab, intrathecal chemotherapy, or whole brain radiation therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Jun.175(3):781-788. Pubmedid: 30859348.
- Park JY, Lengacher CA, Reich RR, Alinat CB, Ramesar S, Le A, Paterson CL, Pleasant ML, Park HY, Kiluk J, Han H, Ismail-Khan R, Kip KE. Translational genomic research: the role of genetic polymorphisms in MBSR program among breast cancer survivors (MBSR[BC]). Transl Behav Med. 2019 Jul.9(4):693-702. Pubmedid: 30137607. Pmcid: PMC7184864.
- Shafique M, Ismail-Khan R, Extermann M, Sullivan D, Goodridge D, Boulware D, Hogue D, Soliman H, Khong H, Han HS. A Phase II Trial of Selinexor (KPT-330) for Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Oncologist. 2019 Jul.24(7):887-e416. Pubmedid: 30996012. Pmcid: PMC6656474.
- Costa R, Zaman S, Sharpe S, Helenowski I, Shaw C, Han H, Soliman H, Czerniecki B. A brief report of toxicity end points of HER2 vaccines for the treatment of patients with HER2+ breast cancer. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2019 Jan.13:309-316. Pubmedid: 30679903. Pmcid: PMC6338114.
- Figura NB, Potluri TK, Mohammadi H, Oliver DE, Arrington JA, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu JK, Soliman H, Forsyth PA, Sahebjam S, Yu HM, Han HS, Ahmed KA. CDK 4/6 inhibitors and stereotactic radiation in the management of hormone receptor positive breast cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2019 Aug.144(3):583-589. Pubmedid: 31399935.
- B Figura N, Long W, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Mokhtari S, Etame AB, Tran ND, Diaz R, Soliman H, S Han H, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Intrathecal trastuzumab in the management of HER2+ breast leptomeningeal disease: a single institution experience. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Jun;169(2):391-396. Pubmedid: 29392582.
- Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Orman AG, Liveringhouse C, Montejo ME, Soliman HH, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Torres-Roca JF, Diaz R. Personalizing Radiation Treatment Delivery in the Management of Breast Cancer. Int J Breast Cancer. 2018 Jun.2018:6729802. Pubmedid: 29984003. Pmcid: PMC6015692.
- Han HS, Diéras V, Robson M, Palácová M, Marcom PK, Jager A, Bondarenko I, Citrin D, Campone M, Telli ML, Domchek SM, Friedlander M, Kaufman B, Garber JE, Shparyk Y, Chmielowska E, Jakobsen EH, Kaklamani V, Gradishar W, Ratajczak CK, Nickner C, Qin Q, Qian J, Shepherd SP, Isakoff SJ, Puhalla S. Veliparib with temozolomide or carboplatin/paclitaxel versus placebo with carboplatin/paclitaxel in patients with BRCA1/2 locally recurrent/metastatic breast cancer: randomized phase II study. Ann Oncol. 2018 Jan.29(1):154-161. Pubmedid: 29045554. Pmcid: PMC5834075.
- Soliman H, Khambati F, Han HS, Ismail-Khan R, Bui MM, Sullivan DM, Antonia S. A phase-1/2 study of adenovirus-p53 transduced dendritic cell vaccine in combination with indoximod in metastatic solid tumors and invasive breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2018 Feb.9(11):10110-10117. Pubmedid: 29515795. Pmcid: PMC5839376.
- Pistilli B, Pluard T, Urruticoechea A, Farci D, Kong A, Bachelot T, Chan S, Han HS, Jerusalem G, Urban P, Robinson D, Mouhaër SL, Tomaso ED, Massacesi C, Saura C. Phase II study of buparlisib (BKM120) and trastuzumab in patients with HER2+ locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer resistant to trastuzumab-based therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Apr;168(2):357-364. Pubmedid: 29198055.
- Reich RR, Lengacher CA, Alinat CB, Kip KE, Paterson C, Ramesar S, Han HS, Ismail-Khan R, Johnson-Mallard V, Moscoso M, Budhrani-Shani P, Shivers S, Cox CE, Goodman M, Park J. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in Post-treatment Breast Cancer Patients: Immediate and Sustained Effects Across Multiple Symptom Clusters. J Pain Symptom Manag. 2017 Jan;53(1):85-95. Pubmedid: 27720794.
- Isakoff SJ, Puhalla S, Domchek SM, Friedlander M, Kaufman B, Robson M, Telli ML, Diéras V, Han HS, Garber JE, Johnson EF, Maag D, Qin Q, Giranda VL, Shepherd SP. A randomized Phase II study of veliparib with temozolomide or carboplatin/paclitaxel versus placebo with carboplatin/paclitaxel in BRCA1/2 metastatic breast cancer: design and rationale. Future Oncol. 2017 Feb;13(4):307-320. Pubmedid: 27739325. Pmcid: PMC5618936.
- Chow LW, Biganzoli L, Leo AD, Kuroi K, Han HS, Patel J, Huang CS, Lu YS, Zhu L, Chow CY, Loo WT, Glück S, Toi M. Toxicity profile differences of adjuvant docetaxel/cyclophosphamide (TC) between Asian and Caucasian breast cancer patients. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2017 Dec;13(6):372-378. Pubmedid: 28371190.
- Soliman HH, Minton SE, Han HS, Ismail-Khan R, Neuger A, Khambati F, Noyes D, Lush R, Chiappori AA, Roberts JD, Link C, Vahanian NN, Mautino M, Streicher H, Sullivan DM, Antonia SJ. A phase I study of indoximod in patients with advanced malignancies. Oncotarget. 2016 Apr;7(16):22928-22938. Pubmedid: 27008709. Pmcid: PMC5008412.
- Rosa M, Han HS, Ismail-Khan R, Allam-Nandyala P, Bui MM. Beta-catenin expression patterns in matched pre- and post-neoadjuvant chemotherapy-resistant breast cancer. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 Dec;45(1):10-16. Pubmedid: 25696004.
- Malo TL, Lipkus I, Wilson T, Han HS, Acs G, Vadaparampil ST. Treatment Choices Based on OncotypeDx in the Breast Oncology Care Setting. J Cancer Epidemiol. 2012 Aug;2012:941495. Pubmedid: 22927848. Pmcid: PMC3425834.
- Han HS, Reis IM, Zhao W, Kuroi K, Toi M, Suzuki E, Syme R, Chow L, Yip AY, Glück S. Racial differences in acute toxicities of neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with early-stage breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2011 Nov;47(17):2537-2545. Pubmedid: 21741825.
- Lee MC, Gray J, Han HS, Plosker S. Fertility and reproductive considerations in premenopausal patients with breast cancer. Cancer Control. 2010 Jul;17(3):162-172. Pubmedid: 20664513.
- Biagioli MC, Harvey M, Roman E, Raez LE, Wolfson AH, Mutyala S, Han HS, Markoe A. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy for previously irradiated, recurrent head and neck cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Nov.69(4):1067-1073. Pubmedid: 17967302.
- Han H, Rybicki L, Thiel K, Kalaycio M, Sobecks R, Advani A, Brown S, Sekeres M. White blood cell count nadir following remission induction chemotherapy is predictive of outcome in older adults with acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007 Aug;48(8):1561-1568. Pubmedid: 17701588.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.