At Moffitt Cancer Center, we've earned our share of accolades over the years, with members of our staff receiving some of the highest physician and cancer awards within the medical field. As an organization, we've consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cancer in the country.
While we appreciate the recognition, we remain focused on the real prize: a cure. Only then can we sit back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished.
Additional acknowledgments include:
- Moffitt was named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2022.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Moffitt Cancer Center has been recognized on DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems List. Moffitt ranked No. 3 on DiversityInc’s 2021 list of Top Hospitals & Health Systems.
- Moffitt achieved exemplar status for its Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program, the highest designation in an international nurse-driven initiative designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. Moffitt is one of only 38 medical centers in the nation to have achieved this status.
- Recognized as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources for the fifth year in a row in 2021.
- Named an honoree of a 2021 CSO50 Award from IDG’s CSO. This award recognizes organizations that have implemented security projects and initiatives that demonstrate outstanding business value and thought leadership.
- Moffitt once again made the Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces ranking for the 11th time. The anonymous survey uniquely measures culture drivers that are critical to the success of any organization, including alignment, execution and connection.
- Magnet® designation in recognition of our nursing excellence. Magnet recognition is granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association, to honor outstanding health care organizations for nursing professionalism, teamwork, quality patient care and innovations in nursing practices.
- Moffitt is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. CoC accreditation recognizes programs for their commitment to providing patient-centric, comprehensive, and high-quality care.
- Recognized by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Named a Fertile Hope Center of Excellence, an award presented to "cancer centers for proactively addressing cancer-related fertility."