Awards & Recognition
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we’ve earned our share of accolades over the years, with members of our staff receiving some of the highest physician and cancer awards within the medical field. As an organization, we’ve consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cancer in the country, as well as being one of the best in the state of Florida.
While we appreciate the recognition, we remain focused on the real prize: a cure. Only then can we sit back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished.
Additional acknowledgments include:
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals for Cancer as the top cancer hospital in Florida and the Southeast. This is the 22nd year in a row that Moffitt has been nationally ranked.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Moffitt Cancer Center has been recognized on DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems List. Moffitt ranked No. 3 on DiversityInc’s 2021 list of Top Hospitals & Health Systems.
- Moffitt was named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2020.
- Recognized as one of the Winter 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
- Moffitt achieved exemplar status for its Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program, the highest designation in an international nurse-driven initiative designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. Moffitt is one of only 38 medical centers in the nation to have achieved this status.
- Ranked in Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT in 2020.
- David de la Parte, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, was named 2018 Top General Council by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- Moffitt once again made the Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces ranking for the 10th time. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured.
- Moffitt Cancer Center is a two-time Best and Brightest winner recognized by the National Association for Business Resources. The cancer center has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies To Work For® in the nation.
- Magnet® designation in recognition of our nursing excellence. Magnet recognition is granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association, to honor outstanding health care organizations for nursing professionalism, teamwork, quality patient care and innovations in nursing practices.
- Moffitt is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. CoC accreditation recognizes programs for their commitment to providing patient-centric, comprehensive, and high-quality care.
- Recognized by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Named a Fertile Hope Center of Excellence, an award presented to "cancer centers for proactively addressing cancer-related fertility."