Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Rikesh Makanji, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor) , Osteosarcoma , Sarcoma
Dr. Makanji obtained his MD degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency and Nuclear Medicine Fellowship at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he also served as Chief Fellow. He subsequently completed a Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Makanji's clinical interests include multimodality musculoskeletal imaging, nuclear medicine and body imaging.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - Nuclear Medicine
- University of South Florida - Musculoskeletal Radiology
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Miami School of MedicineMD
- Ahmed A, Morse BJ, Makanji RJ, Caracciolo JT, Parsee A. Retropubic parasymphyseal cyst: A rare entity. Radiol Case Rep. 2020 Sep.15(9):1669-1672. Pubmedid: 32714480. Pmcid: PMC7369357.
- Reed DR, Metts J, Pressley M, Fridley BL, Hayashi M, Isakoff MS, Loeb DM, Makanji R, Roberts RD, Trucco M, Wagner LM, Alexandrow MG, Gatenby RA, Brown JS. An evolutionary framework for treating pediatric sarcomas. Cancer. 2020 Mar.126(11):2577-2587. Pubmedid: 32176331. Pmcid: PMC7318114.
- Oesterheld JE, Reed DR, Setty BA, Isakoff MS, Thompson P, Yin H, Hayashi M, Loeb DM, Smith T, Makanji R, Fridley BL, Wagner LM. Phase II trial of gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel in patients with recurrent Ewing sarcoma: A report from the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2020 Jul.67(7):e28370. Pubmedid: 32386107.
- Belzarena AC, Makanji RJ, Joyce DM. Recurrent parachordoma of the lower back: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2019 Jan.14(1):94-96. Pubmedid: 30386446. Pmcid: PMC6205874.
- Saller J, Walko CM, Millis SZ, Henderson-Jackson E, Makanji R, Brohl AS. Response to Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy in Advanced Classic Kaposi Sarcoma: A Case Report and Immunogenomic Study. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2018 Jul;16(7):797-800. Pubmedid: 30006421.
- Montilla-Soler JL, Makanji RJ, Barron BJ. Oncologic F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography: What All Physicians Need to Know. Am J Med. 2018 Apr;131(4):357-364. Pubmedid: 29274757.
- Christopher Z, Binitie O, Henderson-Jackson E, Perno J, Makanji RJ. Langerhans cell histiocytosis of bone in an adult: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2018 Apr.13(2):310-314. Pubmedid: 29904462. Pmcid: PMC5999879.
- Montilla-Soler JL, Makanji R. Skeletal Scintigraphy. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):137-146. Pubmedid: 28441368.
- Huang Q, Schneeberger VE, Luetteke N, Jin C, Afzal R, Budzevich MM, Makanji RJ, Martinez GV, Shen T, Zhao L, Fung KM, Haura EB, Coppola D, Wu J. Preclinical Modeling of KIF5B-RET Fusion Lung Adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016 Oct;15(10):2521-2529. Pubmedid: 27496134. Pmcid: PMC5289739.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.