Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Rikesh J. Makanji, MD
Dr. Makanji obtained his MD degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency and Nuclear Medicine Fellowship at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he also served as Chief Fellow. He subsequently completed a Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Makanji's clinical interests include multimodality musculoskeletal imaging, nuclear medicine and body imaging.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - Nuclear Medicine
- University of South Florida - Musculoskeletal Radiology
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Miami School of Medicine - MD
- Montilla-Soler JL, Makanji R. Skeletal Scintigraphy. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):137-146. Pubmedid: 28441368.
- Huang Q, Schneeberger VE, Luetteke N, Jin C, Afzal R, Budzevich MM, Makanji RJ, Martinez GV, Shen T, Zhao L, Fung KM, Haura EB, Coppola D, Wu J. Preclinical Modeling of KIF5B-RET Fusion Lung Adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016 Oct;15(10):2521-2529. Pubmedid: 27496134. Pmcid: PMC5289739.
CLINICAL TRIAL 18613
Phase II Study of nab-Paclitaxel in Combination with Gemcitabine for Treatment of Recurrent/Refractory Sarcoma in Teenagers and Young Adults
Intervention: Gemzar (gemcitabine); Nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane); gemcitabine
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call