Find a Doctor
Meghan F. Haas, DO
Specialty: Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Program: Supportive Care Medicine
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Meghan Haas is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Supportive Care Medicine. Dr. Haas received her DO from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, Missouri. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Grandview Medical Center/Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dayton, and a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Haas joined Moffitt from Louisville, Kentucky, where she was a palliative care physician at KentuckyOne Health Jewish Hospital. Dr. Haas’s clinical interests include building and strengthening communication skills among her colleagues to help improve overall care for patients and their families. She is also interested in the education of patients and their families on the importance of advanced care planning. Dr. Haas is interested in researching opioids versus nonpharmacologic regimens to manage chronic pain in cancer patients.
Education & Training
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic - Palliative Medicine
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences - DO
- Donovan KA, Chang YD, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Smith J, Haas M, Portman DG. Relationship of Cannabis Use to Patient-Reported Symptoms in Cancer Patients Seeking Supportive/Palliative Care. J Palliat Med. 2019 Feb. Pubmedid: 30794025.
- Bulls HW, Hoogland AI, Craig D, Paice J, Chang YD, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Haas M, Bobonis M, Gonzalez BD, Portman D, Jim HSL. Cancer and Opioids: Patient Experiences With Stigma (COPES)-A Pilot Study. J Pain Symptom Manag. 2019 Apr;57(4):816-819. Pubmedid: 30703463. Pmcid: PMC6433506.