Parikh, MD, MBA
Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Nainesh S. Parikh, MD, MBA
Dr. Parikh’s clinical interests include treating patients with advanced malignancy utilizing minimally invasive techniques. Specific areas of interest include liver directed therapy for primary and secondary liver cancer, as well as for primary kidney cancer. Additionally, Dr. Parikh is interested in treating malignant and non-malignant tumors within the GU system, such as prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia, respectively. Dr. Parikh earned his undergraduate degree from Columbia University in New York City, and subsequently worked as an investment banker after graduation. After deciding that he wanted to have a significant impact on the daily lives of patients, he obtained MD and MBA degrees from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA. He then completed diagnostic radiology residency at NYU Medical Center in New York City, before moving back to Boston to complete a fellowship in Angiography and Interventional Radiology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School.
I believe in delivering high quality, efficient diagnostic and therapeutic care for all patients, most notably those suffering from cancer.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- NYU Medical Center - Body MR
- Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School - Angiography and Interventional Radiology
- NYU Medical Center - Diagnostic Radiology
- Tufts University School of Medicine - MD/MBA
- Ream JM, Doshi AM, Dunst D, Parikh N, Kong MX, Babb JS, Taneja SS, Rosenkrantz AB. Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI of the prostate: An intraindividual assessment of the effect of temporal resolution on qualitative detection and quantitative analysis of histopathologically proven prostate cancer. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2017 May;45(5):1464-1475. Pubmedid: 27649481.
- Parikh NS, Cool J, Karas MG, Boehme AK, Kamel H. Stroke Risk and Mortality in Patients With Ventricular Assist Devices. Stroke. 2016 Nov;47(11):2702-2706. Pubmedid: 27650070. Pmcid: PMC5079813.
- Rosenkrantz AB, Parikh N, Kierans AS, Kong MX, Babb JS, Taneja SS, Ream JM. Prostate Cancer Detection Using Computed Very High b-value Diffusion-weighted Imaging: How High Should We Go?. Acad Radiol. 2016 Jun;23(6):704-711. Pubmedid: 26992738.
- Parikh N, Ream JM, Zhang HC, Block KT, Chandarana H, Rosenkrantz AB. Performance of simultaneous high temporal resolution quantitative perfusion imaging of bladder tumors and conventional multi-phase urography using a novel free-breathing continuously acquired radial compressed-sensing MRI sequence. Magn Reson Imaging. 2016 Jun;34(5):694-698. Pubmedid: 26740058. Pmcid: PMC4896486.
- Navi BB, Parikh NS, Lerario MP, Merkler AE, Lappin RI, Fahimi J, Iadecola C, Kamel H. Risk of Intracerebral Hemorrhage after Emergency Department Discharges for Hypertension. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016 Jul;25(7):1683-1687. Pubmedid: 27068776. Pmcid: PMC4912410.
- Kierans A, Parikh N, Chandarana H. Recent Advances in MR Hardware and Software. Radiol Clin North Am. 2015 May;53(3):599-610. Pubmedid: 25953292.
- Gaing B, Sigmund EE, Huang WC, Babb JS, Parikh NS, Stoffel D, Chandarana H. Subtype differentiation of renal tumors using voxel-based histogram analysis of intravoxel incoherent motion parameters. Invest Radiol. 2015 Mar;50(3):144-152. Pubmedid: 25387050.
- Parikh N, Friedman KP, Shah SN, Chandarana H. Practical guide for implementing hybrid PET/MR clinical service: lessons learned from our experience. Abdom Imaging. 2015 Aug;40(6):1366-1373. Pubmedid: 25985966. Pmcid: PMC4534342.
- Parikh N, Morris E, Babb J, Wickstrom M, McMenamy J, Sharma R, Schwartz D, Lifshitz M, Kim D. MDCT diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism in the emergent setting. Emerg Radiol. 2015 Aug;22(4):379-384. Pubmedid: 25573686.
CLINICAL TRIAL 18396
A Phase III Clinical Trial Evaluating TheraSphere® in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Carcinoma of the Liver who have Failed First Line Chemotherapy
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
Intervention: FOLFIRI; FOLFOX
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call