Find a Doctor
Evita Henderson-Jackson, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Osteosarcoma , Sarcoma , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Henderson-Jackson is an Assistant Member in the Department of Anatomic Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center. She completed her Bachelor’s degree at the University of South Carolina. She received her Doctor of Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. She completed her pathology residency training at University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center (USF/MCC), as well as a surgical oncologic pathology fellowship and cytopathology fellowship. Clinically, she focuses on soft tissue and bone sarcomas as well as breast pathology and cytopathology. She is the Associate Program Director for the USF AP/CP pathology residency program. As a clinical educator she is passionate and constantly involved in education students, residents, fellows and clinicians.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - Surgical Oncologic Pathology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - Cytopathology
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - Pathology and Cell Biology
- Medical University of South Carolina(MD, - MD)
- Belzarena AC, Paladino LP, Henderson-Jackson E, Joyce DM. Intraosseous lipoma of the clavicle with extraosseous extension. Radiol Case Rep. 2020 Jun.15(6):716-721. Pubmedid: 32280406. Pmcid: PMC7139142.
- Weinstein B, Henderson-Jackson E, Cruse CW, Brohl AS. PIK3CA-Related Overgrowth Syndrome (PROS) and Angiosarcoma: A Case Report. Eplasty. 2020 Apr.20:ic6. Pubmedid: 32362992. Pmcid: PMC7180201.
- Bridge JA, Sumegi J, Druta M, Bui MM, Henderson-Jackson E, Linos K, Baker M, Walko CM, Millis S, Brohl AS. Clinical, pathological, and genomic features of EWSR1-PATZ1 fusion sarcoma. Mod Pathol. 2019 Nov.32(11):1593-1604. Pubmedid: 31189996.
- Paladino LP, Belzarena AC, Henderson-Jackson E, Joyce DM. Metastatic vertebral lesion mimicking an atypical hemangioma with negative 18F-FDG positron emission tomography-computed tomography. Radiol Case Rep. 2019 Nov.14(11):1401-1406. Pubmedid: 31700555. Pmcid: PMC6823801.
- Caracciolo JT, Henderson-Jackson E, Binitie O. Synovial sarcoma of bone: Sarcoma typically of soft tissues presenting as a primary bone tumor. Radiol Case Rep. 2019 Feb.14(2):204-207. Pubmedid: 30425775. Pmcid: PMC6231113.
- Hicks JK, Henderson-Jackson E, Duggan J, Joyce DM, Brohl AS. Identification of a novel MTAP-RAF1 fusion in a soft tissue sarcoma. Diagn Pathol. 2018 Oct;13(1):77. Pubmedid: 30314519. Pmcid: PMC6186031.
- Thomas KL, Gonzalez RJ, Henderson-Jackson E, Caracciolo JT. Paratesticular Liposarcoma Masquerading as an Inguinal Hernia. Urology. 2018 Mar;113:e5-e6. Pubmedid: 29203187.
- Saller J, Walko CM, Millis SZ, Henderson-Jackson E, Makanji R, Brohl AS. Response to Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy in Advanced Classic Kaposi Sarcoma: A Case Report and Immunogenomic Study. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2018 Jul;16(7):797-800. Pubmedid: 30006421.
- Peters K, Caracciolo JT, Henderson-Jackson E, Binitie O. Myopericytoma/myopericytomatosis of the lower extremity in two young patients: a recently designated rare soft tissue neoplasm. Radiol Case Rep. 2018 Feb.13(1):275-280. Pubmedid: 29552265. Pmcid: PMC5851063.
- Christopher Z, Binitie O, Henderson-Jackson E, Perno J, Makanji RJ. Langerhans cell histiocytosis of bone in an adult: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2018 Apr.13(2):310-314. Pubmedid: 29904462. Pmcid: PMC5999879.
- Wei S, Henderson-Jackson E, Qian X, Bui MM. Soft Tissue Tumor Immunohistochemistry Update: Illustrative Examples of Diagnostic Pearls to Avoid Pitfalls. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017 Aug;141(8):1072-1091. Pubmedid: 28745570.
- Hoggard TM, Henderson-Jackson E, Bui MM, Caracciolo J, Teer JK, Yoder S, Binitie O, Gonzalez RJ, Brohl AS, Reed DR. Myoepithelial carcinoma with RB1 mutation: remarkable chemosensitivity to carcinoma of unknown origin therapy. BMC Cancer. 2017 Apr;17(1):250. Pubmedid: 28390395. Pmcid: PMC5385017.
- Almhanna K, Rosa M, Henderson-Jackson E, Jiang K, Shamekh R, Sayegh Z, Malafa MP, Coppola D. Her-2 Expression in Gastroesophageal Intestinal Metaplasia, Dysplasia, and Adenocarcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2016 Oct;24(9):633-638. Pubmedid: 26186253.
- Pimiento JM, Neill KG, Henderson-Jackson E, Eschrich SA, Chen DT, Husain K, Shibata D, Coppola D, Malafa MP. Knockdown of CSE1L Gene in Colorectal Cancer Reduces Tumorigenesis in Vitro. Am J Pathol. 2016 Oct;186(10):2761-2768. Pubmedid: 27521996. Pmcid: PMC5222983.
- Gibbs J, Henderson-Jackson E, Bui MM. Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: Diagnostic and Prognostic Implications. Surg Clin N Am. 2016 Oct;96(5):915-962. Pubmedid: 27542635.
- Pham V, Henderson-Jackson E, Doepker MP, Caracciolo JT, Gonzalez RJ, Druta M, Ding Y, Bui MM. Practical Issues for Retroperitoneal Sarcoma. Cancer Control. 2016 Jul;23(3):249-264. Pubmedid: 27556665.
- Hassani J, Porubsky C, Berman C, Zager J, Messina J, Henderson-Jackson E. Intraperitoneal Rosai-Dorfman disease associated with clear cell sarcoma: first case report. Pathology. 2016 Dec;48(7):742-744. Pubmedid: 27814905.
- DeVito N, Henderson E, Han G, Reed D, Bui MM, Lavey R, Robinson L, Zager JS, Gonzalez RJ, Sondak VK, Letson GD, Conley A. Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes for Solitary Fibrous Tumor (SFT): A Single Center Experience. PLoS One. 2015 Oct;10(10):e0140362. Pubmedid: 26469269. Pmcid: PMC4607370.
- Thomas KL, Henderson-Jackson E, Caracciolo JT. Test yourself: right thigh mass. Skeletal Radiol. 2015 Aug;44(8):1151-1152. Pubmedid: 25669940.
- Thomas KL, Henderson-Jackson E, Caracciolo JT. Test yourself: answer - deep benign fibrous histiocytoma. Skeletal Radiol. 2015 Aug;44(8):1151-2, 1209. Pubmedid: 25680331.
- Henderson-Jackson EB, Bui MM. Molecular Pathology of Soft-Tissue Neoplasms and Its Role in Clinical Practice. Cancer Control. 2015 Apr;22(2):186-192. Pubmedid: 26068763.
- Ding Y, Griffin JE, Raghavan M, Xu H, Henderson-Jackson E, Bui MM. Tenosynovial giant cell tumors lacking giant cells: report of diagnostic pitfalls. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2014 Apr;44(2):222-227. Pubmedid: 24795064.
- Koohbanani B, Han G, Reed D, Zhao Q, Yi D, Henderson-Jackson E, Bui MM. Ethnicity and age disparities in Ewing sarcoma outcome. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2012 Oct;32(4):246-252. Pubmedid: 23043418.
- Henderson-Jackson EB, Nasir A, Chen DT, Nandyala P, Djeu J, Strosberg J, Kvols L, Coppola D. Cytoplasmic Clusterin expression correlates with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor size and pathological stage. Pancreas. 2013 Aug;42(6):967-970. Pubmedid: 23770713. Pmcid: PMC4644941.
- House JC, Henderson-Jackson EB, Johnson JO, Lloyd MC, Dhillon J, Ahmad N, Hakam A, Khalbuss WE, Leon ME, Chhieng D, Zhang X, Centeno BA, Bui MM. Diagnostic digital cytopathology: Are we ready yet?. J Pathol Inform. 2013;4:28. Pubmedid: 24392242. Pmcid: PMC3869956.
- Henderson-Jackson E, Sexton W, Zhang J, Hakam A, Petrovskyy VS, Bui MM, Chuang ST. Cystic prostatic ductal adenocarcinoma: an unusual presentation and cytological diagnosis. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012;42(1):81-88. Pubmedid: 22371914.
- Henderson-Jackson EB, Helm J, Strosberg J, Nasir NA, Yeatman TJ, Kvols LK, Coppola D, Nasir A. Palladin is a marker of liver metastasis in primary pancreatic endocrine carcinomas. Anticancer Res. 2011 Sep;31(9):2957-2962. Pubmedid: 21868544.
- Nasir A, Chen DT, Gruidl M, Henderson-Jackson EB, Venkataramu C, McCarthy SM, McBride HL, Harris E, Khakpour N, Yeatman TJ. Novel molecular markers of malignancy in histologically normal and benign breast. Patholog Res Int. 2011 Nov;2011:489064. Pubmedid: 21785684. Pmcid: PMC3140260.
- Nasir A, Helm J, Turner L, Chen DT, Strosberg J, Hafez N, Henderson-Jackson EB, Hodul P, Bui MM, Nasir NA, Hakam A, Malafa MP, Yeatman TJ, Coppola D, Kvols LK. RUNX1T1: a novel predictor of liver metastasis in primary pancreatic endocrine neoplasms. Pancreas. 2011 May;40(4):627-633. Pubmedid: 21499216. Pmcid: PMC4732279.
- Cheng A, Guo J, Henderson-Jackson E, Kim D, Malafa M, Coppola D. IκB Kinase ε expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011 Jul;136(1):60-66. Pubmedid: 21685032. Pmcid: PMC4644942.
- Henderson-Jackson EB, Helm J, Ghayouri M, Hakam A, Nasir A, Leon M, Bui M, Yeatman T, Coppola D. Correlation between Mcl-1 and pAKT protein expression in colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2010 Oct;3(8):768-774. Pubmedid: 21151390. Pmcid: PMC2993227.
- Henderson-Jackson E, Nasir NA, Hakam A, Nasir A, Coppola D. Primary mixed lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma and intra-hepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a case report and review of literature. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2010 Aug;3(7):736-741. Pubmedid: 20830246. Pmcid: PMC2933395.
- Henderson E, Margo CE. Iris melanoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008 Feb;132(2):268-272. Pubmedid: 18251588.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.