COVID-19 Safety Precautions: Find the Latest Visitor and Mask Policies. Learn More
Cancer Treatment Information for Adults From West Palm Beach, FL
Moffitt Cancer Center offers world-class cancer treatment and compassionate supportive care services to adults with all types of malignancies. Patients from West Palm Beach, Florida, and throughout the country choose to travel to our location in Tampa for many reasons, one being our multispecialty approach to treatment. Our patients have access to surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and other experts who practice exclusively in their specialty.
A full spectrum of services are available to Moffitt patients, from routine cancer screenings and precision diagnostics to robotic-assisted surgery and innovative clinical trials. In addition to the large scope of our services, here are a few other factors that set Moffitt apart from many other Florida cancer treatment centers:
- Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center, which means our specialists have an unparalleled level of experience addressing uncommon and complex malignancies that physicians at other centers may only see a handful of times throughout their careers.
- Our patients always have somewhere to turn for guidance and encouragement. In the same location as their cancer treatment, a wide range of supportive care services like counseling, pain management, nutritional advice, acupuncture and yoga are available to help patients cope with the unique challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
- Moffitt facilitates clinical breakthroughs by leading several ambitious research initiatives to improve cancer treatment and prevention methods. We won’t be satisfied until there is a cure.
Frequently asked questions
Is there a nearby hotel to stay at while seeking treatment at Moffitt?
To help make cancer treatment at Moffitt as accessible as possible to patients from West Palm Beach, FL, we have partnered with hotels near our cancer center to offer discounted rates. These hotels meet our stringent hygiene standards and are committed to providing comfortable accommodations to our patients and their families.
What amenities do these hotels provide?
You can expect all of the typical amenities of a hotel, including in-room WiFi, on-site parking, complimentary breakfast and on-site laundry. Additionally, Residence Inn is a pet-friendly hotel that has full kitchens in certain rooms.
What types of supportive care services does Moffitt offer?
Our Supportive Care Medicine Program is focused on helping patients through the emotional, spiritual, physical and social challenges of cancer treatment. We offer four types of services for our patients:
- Integrative medicine – The goal of integrative medicine is to complement a patient’s cancer treatments by focusing on his or her overall healing and wellness. We offer massage therapy, meditation, yoga, mindfulness and acupuncture.
- Behavioral medicine – Our psychologists and psychiatrists work with our patients to help them manage and reduce anxiety, depression, sleep problems and other challenges.
- Palliative medicine – Palliative medicine focuses on providing symptom management as well as emotional and spiritual support to patients with serious illnesses. Our specialists provide advance care planning as well as guidance about transitions of care.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) – This gentle hands-on technique is used to relieve pain symptoms and improve muscle and bone function. OMT can also help with symptoms such as nausea, constipation, hiccups, sinus congestion and headaches.
Does Moffitt offer follow-up visits virtually?
Our patients are able to use our Virtual Visit option for follow-up visits with our medical oncologists, advanced practice professionals, nurses and non-clinical providers. These visits take place on a secure platform and all information is confidential.
If you live in West Palm Beach, FL, and would like to explore your cancer treatment options with a Moffitt specialist, call 1-888-663-3488 or fill out a new patient registration form online. A referral is not required to visit Moffitt.