Find a Doctor Search
Cancer Types Treated: Anal Cancer, Appendiceal (Appendix) Cancer, Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer, Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor, GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor), Liver Cancer, Neuroendocrine Tumor, Pancreatic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Small Intestine Cancer, Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
Dr. Biebel received his Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of South Florida, in Tampa, FL. He completed his internship at the University of Colorado in Denver, his radiology residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, FL, and his fellowship at the Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute in Miami, FL. Dr. Biebel has been with Moffitt Cancer Center since 2008. He is involved with numerous grants and clinical trials.
Education & Training
- Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute - Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Mount Sinai Medical Center - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of South Florida - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 18924
A Phase I Trial of Sorafenib and Bavituximab Plus Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for 1st Line Treatment of Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Intervention: BAY 43-9006 (Sorafenib); Bavituximab (Tarvacin); Sorafenib
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Kis B, Shah J, Choi J, El-Haddad G, Sweeney J, Biebel B, Mellon E, Frakes JM, Hoffe SE, Fishman MN, Shridhar R. Transarterial Yttrium-90 Radioembolization Treatment of Patients with Liver-Dominant Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 Feb;28(2):254-259. Pubmedid: 27955832.
- Mills M, Choi J, El-Haddad G, Sweeney J, Biebel B, Robinson L, Antonia S, Kumar A, Kis B. Retrospective analysis of technical success rate and procedure-related complications of 867 percutaneous CT-guided needle biopsies of lung lesions. Clin Radiol. 2017 Dec;72(12):1038-1046. Pubmedid: 28851490.
- Mohammadi H, Abuodeh YA, Jin W, Frakes JM, Friedman M, Biebel B, Choi J, El-Haddad GE, Kis B, Sweeney J, Kim R, Pimiento JM, Malafa MP, Anaya D, Hoffe SE. Using the ALBI Grade as a Prognostic Marker for Radioembolization of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct;96(2S):E194-E195.
- Abuodeh Y, Naghavi AO, Ahmed KA, Venkat PS, Kim Y, Kis B, Choi J, Biebel B, Sweeney J, Anaya DA, Kim R, Malafa M, Frakes JM, Hoffe SE, El-Haddad G. Prognostic value of pre-treatment F-18-FDG PET-CT in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing radioembolization. World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Dec;22(47):10406-10414. Pubmedid: 28058021. Pmcid: PMC5175253.
- Abbott AM, Kim R, Hoffe SE, Arslan B, Biebel B, Choi J, El-Haddad G, Kis B, Sweeney J, Meredith KL, Almhanna K, Strosberg J, Shibata D, Fulp WJ, Shridhar R. Outcomes of Therasphere Radioembolization for Colorectal Metastases. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2015 Sep;14(3):146-153. Pubmedid: 25795047.