Leukemia patients from Fort Myers and communities throughout Florida choose Moffitt Cancer Center for the latest advances in care. A well-established leader in the treatment of complex blood cancers, Moffitt’s Malignant Hematology Program offers a full spectrum of diagnostics, treatment and supportive care to leukemia patients at our Tampa campuses.
Why choose Moffitt for leukemia treatment?
Several factors combine to make Moffitt a premier destination for leukemia treatment:
- Individualized care. Moffitt takes an individualized approach to cancer treatment that considers each patient’s unique diagnosis and care preferences. Treatment plans are tailored to each case and refined as necessary by our tumor board.
- Multispecialty expertise. Moffitt’s leukemia treatment team includes medical oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and other specialists who work hand-in-hand and focus exclusively on blood- and bone marrow-based cancers.
- Well-rounded treatment. Cancer isn’t strictly cellular—it also impacts patients on an emotional and spiritual level. Moffitt patients have access to a full spectrum of supportive care, such as counseling, pain management, nutritional advice and more, in the same location where they receive clinical treatment.
- Unparalleled experience. Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center that patients from throughout the world rely on for leading-edge treatment. As such, our specialists possess a unique level of experience addressing the most uncommon and complex forms of leukemia.
- A commitment to research. Moffitt stands at the forefront of leukemia research and spearheads a trailblazing clinical trial program. Our relentless research efforts are evidenced by our status as a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Currently, we are the only such cancer center based in Florida.
Moffitt’s leukemia specialists also collaborate with clinicians from our renowned Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy program to provide the highest level of care to patients who require bone marrow transplantation.
Furthermore, our team understands the hurdles out-of-town patients face when traveling to Moffitt for cancer care. We strive to make receiving world-class leukemia treatment as seamless as possible, which is why we’ve partnered with hotels near our cancer center to provide reduced rates and a safe, hygienic environment for healing.
Frequently asked questions
What lodging options are available to out-of-town patients?
Moffitt offers several lodging options for patients who are traveling to our cancer center for leukemia treatment, including reputable hotels local near our cancer center and furnished apartments that offer many of the comforts of home. Click here to see the latest information regarding our lodging options for out-of-town patients and their caregivers or family members.
Does Moffitt offer telemedicine?
As the healthcare landscape continues to evolve, so does Moffitt’s approach to treatment. We’re pleased to offer Virtual Visits to patients from Fort Myers and across Florida. Through our telemedicine services, patients can consult with members of their clinical care teams—including oncologists, surgeons, nurses and supportive care professionals—from the comfort of home. Learn more about Moffitt Virtual Visits here.
What supportive care services does Moffitt provide?
A cancer diagnosis brings about new challenges. To help patients conquer these trials and achieve their best well-being, Moffitt offers a full spectrum of supportive care services:
- Counseling and support groups
- Nutritional guidance
- Healing and wellness services, including massage therapy, yoga and acupuncture
- Pain management
- Chaplaincy care services
- Advance care planning, including assistance from social workers
- Cancer survivorship programs
What about patient caretakers and family members?
Moffitt knows caregivers and family members are a vital part of a patient’s success. We empower these important individuals to be an active participant in their loved one’s care experience by encouraging clear, open communication and collaboration with our clinical care teams. We also provide resources for caretakers and family members, including support groups, special programs and events.
Learn more information
Individuals from Fort Myers who are seeking leukemia treatment are encouraged to contact Moffitt at 1-888-663-3488 to learn more about our services for out-of-town patients. You may also complete a new patient registration form online. Our team is here to answer your questions and prioritizes prompt response times.