Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Your Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer) Specialists
If you have been diagnosed with bile duct cancer and need a specialist, it's best to consult with multiple professionals across a range of specialties, rather than just one physician. At Moffitt Cancer Center, patients within our Gastrointestinal Oncology Program are treated by a multispecialty team of experts in a single location, eliminating the need for patients to travel to multiple locations to receive the various diagnostics, therapies and surgeries they may require.
Moffitt’s collaborative, multispecialty approach to cancer treatment is among the many reasons why we are recognized as one of the foremost cancer centers in the nation. Our bile duct cancer patients benefit from the expertise of:
- Medical oncologists, who determine appropriate chemotherapy prescriptions and oversee treatment
- Radiation oncologists, who plan and administer radiation therapy treatments
- Surgical oncologists, who remove malignant growths from the pancreas and/or cancerous portions of the liver
- Gastroenterologists, who manage the health of the gastrointestinal tract and liver
- Pathologists, who examine tissues and interpret lab results to help confirm the best course of treatment
- Supportive care professionals, including dietitians, social workers, pain management specialists and others who help manage the physical and emotional side effects of treatment
Every patient within Moffitt’s bile duct cancer program receives an individualized treatment plan developed by our tumor board. This means that every treatment plan is created by a multispecialty group, taking all areas of expertise into to account and helping ensure the best possible outcome and quality of life for our patients. Additionally, many of our bile duct cancer patients have the opportunity to participate in our robust clinical trial program, where they can receive promising new therapies before they are made available elsewhere.