Your Liver Cancer Specialists
A liver cancer specialist at Moffitt Cancer Center can provide the highly focused and individualized treatment you need and deserve. Our nationally recognized Gastrointestinal Oncology Program features a multispecialty tumor board that collectively evaluates each patient and makes appropriate recommendations. As a result, we bring a range of clinical perspectives and experiences to the development of each treatment plan. Through this unique, collaborative approach, our patients receive the benefit of multiple expert opinions in a single location. This provides each patient with added peace of mind and helps to ensure an optimal outcome and enhanced quality of life throughout liver cancer treatment and beyond.
Who treats liver cancer?
To provide the best possible treatment for each patient, every liver cancer specialist at Moffitt works closely with a variety of other experts, such as:
- Fellowship-trained surgeons – specialize in treating cancer through surgical procedures.
- Medical oncologists – specialize in treating cancer through chemotherapy.
- Gastroenterologists – specialize in treating conditions of the digestive system, which includes the liver.
- Diagnostic radiologists – specialize in diagnosing cancer using various medical imaging techniques.
- Interventional radiologists – specialize in treating cancer through procedures such as ablations and embolizations.
- Pathologists – specialize in studying tissue and fluid samples to make diagnoses.
- Radiation oncologists – specialize in treating cancer through radiation therapy.
- Supportive care specialists – specialize in pain management, social work, nutrition and other areas of support.
Moffitt’s surgeons perform hundreds of procedures annually to treat liver tumors, and we routinely treat patients whose tumors were considered to be inoperable by other providers. For certain patients, if surgery is not an option, our interventional radiologists can provide minimally invasive therapies using advanced imaging techniques, such as ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), for enhanced precision in guiding the treatments directly to a tumor site.
Because a liver cancer specialist at Moffitt has the ability to contribute to ongoing research, our patients have access to the latest treatment approaches through our robust clinical trials program. In recognition of our noteworthy research advances, the National Cancer Institute has designated Moffitt as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, and we are the only provider based in Florida to have received this prestigious award.
To meet with a liver cancer specialist at Moffitt Cancer Center, call 1-888-663-3488 to schedule an appointment or complete a new patient registration form online.