Your Inflammatory Breast Cancer Specialists
The Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program at Moffitt Cancer Center consists of a team of breast cancer specialists who diagnose and treat inflammatory breast cancer. This team provides comprehensive breast cancer treatment and supportive care services in a single, convenient location.
Individuals seeking treatment for inflammatory breast cancer at Moffitt can receive any of the following services they need under the same roof, including:
- Modified radical mastectomy (the most recommended surgical procedure for inflammatory breast cancer) from our fellowship-trained surgeons
- Chemotherapy and/or hormone therapy plans designed by our medical oncologists
- Radiation therapy plans determined by our radiation oncologists
- Tissue analysis by our pathologists and medical imaging by our radiologists
- Breast reconstruction from our plastic surgeons and reconstructive specialists
- Genetic testing and counseling from our genetic specialists
- Fertility preservation counseling and services from our fertility specialists
Moffitt’s multispecialty team of medical professionals has helped diagnose and treat countless patients with breast cancer. Because every cancer case is unique, our breast cancer specialists meet weekly as a tumor board to create an individualized treatment plan for each of our patients. In addition to treatment, Moffitt provides supportive care professionals who offer pain management, wellness services and therapy so that our patients can receive comprehensive care at our cancer center.
Moffitt Cancer Center also gives patients access to clinical trials for complex conditions like inflammatory breast cancer that may be difficult to find elsewhere. Our ongoing efforts to research and discover advanced treatment options for breast cancer patients are why Moffitt has been designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. In fact, we are the only such center based in Florida.
To learn more about the treatment and supportive care services offered by Moffitt’s inflammatory breast cancer specialists, fill out a new patient registration form online or call 1-888-MOFFITT. No referral is necessary to schedule a consultation at Moffitt Cancer Center.