Your Cervical Cancer Specialists
It’s important to see a cervical cancer doctor right away if a routine screening test produces an abnormal result or if potential symptoms develop. This type of cancer begins with abnormal changes in the healthy cells that line the cervix, which can often be detected through a Pap test. As it advances, the condition may begin to produce symptoms, such as unexplained vaginal bleeding and pelvic pain, which always warrant prompt medical attention. When diagnosed early, cervical cancer can often be treated successfully.
Any woman who would like to follow up with an experienced cervical cancer doctor is welcome to come to Moffitt Cancer Center with or without a referral. Moffitt is a recognized leader in the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of cancer. Moffitt is rated #43 in Gynecology, top 16% in the Best Hospital for Gynecology category by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. By offering world-class diagnostic and treatment options, we’ve helped thousands of women fight cervical cancer and find a better quality of life.
Who treats cervical cancer?
Each cervical cancer doctor in Moffitt’s gynecological clinic is a member of a multispecialty team that comprises a variety of areas of expertise, such as:
- Surgery – A surgical oncologist specializes in treating cancer through surgical procedures.
- Gynecologic oncology – A gynecologic oncologist specializes in cancers of the female reproductive system.
- Medical oncology – A medical oncologist specializes in using chemotherapy to treat cancer.
- Radiation oncology – A radiation oncologist specializes in using radiation therapy to treat cancer.
- Gynecology – A gynecologist specializes in conditions relating to the female reproductive system.
- Supportive care – Our multispecialty team also includes experts in pain management, social work, nutrition and other areas of supportive care.
Using evidence-based clinical pathways, every cervical cancer doctor at Moffitt works closely with the other members of our tumor board to gain a thorough understanding of each patient’s specific needs, and then uses that knowledge – along with our state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and technologies – to create a highly individualized treatment plan. In this way, our patients receive the benefit of multiple expert opinions in a single, convenient location.
In addition to our team of cervical cancer doctors, Moffitt also has a robust clinical trials program. These carefully controlled research studies allow our dedicated research team to closely evaluate promising new cervical cancer treatment options. Due to efforts like these, along with our steadfast commitment to advancing cancer treatment options for all current and future patients, Moffitt has earned the distinction of being designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
To learn more about Moffitt Cancer Center or to discuss your options with an experienced cervical cancer doctor, call 1-888-663-3488 to schedule a consultation or complete a new patient registration form online.