Your Multiple Myeloma Specialists
The multiple myeloma specialists at Moffitt Cancer Center are exclusively focused on the treatment of this unique malignancy, providing comprehensive and highly targeted therapies based on each patient’s specific needs. We take a unique, team-based approach to multiple myeloma treatment; every patient’s treatment plan is assembled, administered and routinely reviewed by a group of specially trained doctors. We believe that several expert opinions are better than one – that’s why we make it possible for our patients to consult with numerous world-class medical professionals in a single location.
The multiple myeloma specialists in our Malignant Hematology Program include:
- Chemotherapy specialists (medical oncologists)
- Medical professionals who create and refine radiation therapy plans (radiation oncologists)
- Medical professionals who administer radiation therapy (radiation therapists)
- Lab specialists who review blood tests and tissue samples (pathologists)
- Nurses who have specific experience caring for cancer patients (oncology nurses)
We also have a team of invaluable supportive care providers who are focused solely on helping our patients obtain the highest possible quality of life throughout treatment and recovery. This team offers pain and symptom management services along with emotional and social support, furthering Moffitt’s goal of providing total-patient care for each individual.
Our multiple myeloma specialists excel not only in their clinical efforts, but also in their research endeavors. Our malignant hematology doctors are continually furthering developments in their wide-ranging areas of interest, such as therapies for recurrent myeloma and bone marrow treatment options. The progress we make each day in the lab is continually bringing us closer and closer to an eventual cure.