Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Ovarian Cancer Surgery and Treatments for Women from the Lehigh Acres, FL, Area
Many patients from the Lehigh Acres, Florida, area who are in need of ovarian cancer surgery choose to receive treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. We have earned an international reputation as a world leader in performing complex cancer surgeries using state-of-the-art technologies and innovative techniques – including robot-assisted and minimally invasive approaches.
To ensure the most comprehensive treatment of our ovarian cancer surgery patients, each woman’s treatment plan is highly individualized to meet her particular needs. Our tumor board of specialists meets weekly to evaluate each patient’s progress and assess key factors such as size, grade and location of a tumor. This talented team includes oncologists, reproductive endocrinologists, plastic surgeons, pathologists and supportive care workers. As such, our ovarian cancer surgery patients have access to an entire team of experts – rather than a single physician – who work together to recommend the best possible form of treatment. The procedures that may be recommended to treat ovarian cancer include:
- Unilateral or bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one or both of the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Omentectomy – Removal of the thin tissue that covers the intestines inside the abdomen
- Lymph node dissection – Removal of the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
- Partial hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus and cervix
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removal of as much of the tumor as is safely possible, which might include tissue from nearby organs such as the spleen, gallbladder, stomach, colon or bladder
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, we believe patients from the Lehigh Acres, FL, area should have convenient access to our advanced ovarian cancer surgery treatments and techniques. We offer our out-of-town patients assistance in finding affordable, local accommodations so they can remain close to Moffitt during their treatment. We’ve partnered with several hotels nearby that offer our patients discounted rates, as well as adhere to our high standards for hygiene and infection control. In this way, we ensure the utmost comfort and safety of our patients, including those with compromised immune systems.
Women from the Lehigh Acres, FL, area who would like to learn more information about our ovarian cancer surgery options can call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. We do not require referrals.