Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Screening Services for Residents of St. Petersburg, FL
Invasive ductal carcinoma screening can be used to detect breast cancer early, before an individual may have any noticeable symptoms. As with other types of cancer, early detection can increase the number of treatment options available and help improve the likelihood of a positive outcome. Regular screening at an interval determined by a physician is recommended for all women as well as men with breast cancer risk factors. Individuals can also be proactive by learning about their individual risk factors and following a healthy lifestyle, including regular exercise and a balanced diet. Residents of St. Petersburg, Florida, can find the most advanced breast cancer screening and treatment services nearby at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa.
When invasive ductal carcinoma develops, it can form a hard, irregular lump in the breast tissue. At Moffitt, there are several different screening methods we can use to detect this lump, including:
- A mammography, in which X-rays are used to create mammograms, or images of the breast that can be studied for signs of cancer
- A clinical breast examination by an experienced medical professional to physically check the breast and armpit area for signs of lumps or other abnormalities
- A full-breast tomosynthesis, which involves taking three-dimensional mammograms from several different angles
- A breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), in which a contrast agent is administered intravenously and detected through magnetic fields to create a detailed image of the breast
- ABUS (automated breast ultrasound system), which uses sound waves to create images in conjunction with mammograms
These screening methods are available to residents of St. Petersburg, FL, through the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program at Moffitt. Additionally, Moffitt provides comprehensive treatment and supportive care services for patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Our multispecialty team of cancer experts collaborates as a tumor board to review each patient’s case and determine the best course of treatment for that individual.
If you would like to learn more about your individual risk factors and the invasive ductal carcinoma screening services available at Moffitt, call 1-888-663-3488 or fill out a new patient registration form online. We welcome patients from St. Petersburg, FL, and beyond.