Ovarian Cancer Surgery for Patients from the Oviedo, FL, Area
A full range of ovarian cancer surgery options are available to women from the Oviedo, Florida, area at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. We have earned the distinction of being the only Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida as designated by the National Cancer Institute, which is a testament to our dedication to developing effective approaches to cancer treatment. Our robust clinical trial program and ongoing research initiatives also help ensure that our patients have access to promising new drugs and techniques that are unavailable elsewhere.
At Moffitt, we provide all diagnostic, treatment and supportive services in a single, convenient location, so our ovarian cancer surgery patients don’t have to worry about going to multiple testing centers and physicians’ offices. Each patient’s case is evaluated and reviewed weekly by our tumor board of cancer specialists, which means that we have an entire team of experts – as opposed to a single physician – working together to provide comprehensive treatment without the need for referrals. Members include fellowship-trained surgeons, physicians, nurses, radiologists, dietitians, reproductive endocrinologists and other supportive care providers. These specialists might collaboratively recommend one or more of the following ovarian cancer surgery techniques for treatment:
- Partial hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus and cervix
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one ovary and one fallopian tube
- Omentectomy – Removal of the fat pad that covers the large intestine and stomach
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removal of as much of a tumor as is safely possible, which might entail the removal of tissue from nearby organs such as the gallbladder, spleen, stomach, colon or bladder
- Lymph node dissection – Removal of the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
At Moffitt, we want our ovarian cancer surgery patients from the Oviedo, FL, area to be able to focus more on their health and recovery, and less on travel logistics. That’s why we’ve partnered with several nearby hotels that offer our patients discounted rates, as well as peace of mind. All of our trusted hotel partners adhere to our stringent hygiene and infection control standards to ensure the safety and comfort of our patients, including those with compromised immune systems.
Women from the Oviedo, FL, area who would like to explore their options for ovarian cancer surgery can call 1-888-663-3488 or click here to complete our new online patient registration form. We do not require referrals.