Many patients from the Kissimmee, Florida, area who are considering ovarian cancer surgery ultimately choose to receive treatment from the expert surgeons at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Our surgeons have helped thousands of patients fight cancer and improve quality of life using state-of-the-art technologies and innovative surgical techniques. Moffitt consistently ranks more than 95 percent in patient satisfaction, due in large part to the highly individualized treatment our patients receive. Each case is thoroughly reviewed by a tumor board of cancer specialists who meet weekly to collaboratively monitor and refine a patient’s treatment plan as needed. Through our multispecialty approach, our patients benefit from the recommendations of several experts without the need for referrals.
Moffitt’s tumor board consists of radiologists, oncologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, reproductive endocrinologists, radiation oncologists, nurses and other supportive care providers. This team might collaboratively recommend one or more of the following ovarian cancer surgery techniques:
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removal of as much of a tumor as is safely possible, which might entail the removal of tissue from nearby organs such as the spleen, gallbladder, stomach, bladder or colon
- Omentectomy – Removal of the fat pad inside the abdomen that covers the large intestine and stomach
- Unilateral or bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one or both of the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Lymph node dissection – Removal of the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
- Partial hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus and cervix
Patients from the Kissimmee, FL, area shouldn’t have to worry about travel complications getting in the way of receiving advanced ovarian cancer surgery treatment. Whether a patient requires a short or extended stay to receive treatment at Moffitt, we want to make the experience as smooth as possible, which is why we’ve partnered with several nearby hotels that offer our patients discounted rates. These properties also meet or exceed our stringent hygiene and infection control standards to help ensure the utmost comfort and safety of our patients, allowing them to focus on what’s most important – their health and well-being.
Patients from the Kissimmee, FL, area who would like to learn more about the ovarian cancer surgery treatment options available at Moffitt can call 1-888-663-3488 or fill out our online patient registration form. No referrals are ever necessary.