Ovarian Cancer Surgery and Other Treatment Options for Women from Delray, FL & Surrounding Areas
Ovarian cancer surgery may be recommended for women in Delray, Florida, who have been diagnosed with a tumor of the ovaries. For patients with ovarian cancer, Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa offers world-renowned diagnostic testing, treatment options and supportive care. At Moffitt, a multispecialty board of cancer specialists will develop an individualized treatment plan that is designed to destroy cancerous cells, manage any symptoms or side effects and improve quality of life.
If our experts confirm that ovarian cancer surgery is the best treatment option, the procedure will be performed by one of our experienced surgeons. Because Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center, our surgeons have performed a high number of procedures, and have gained the surgical expertise that brings countless ovarian cancer patients to Moffitt.
The skilled surgeons at Moffitt can perform many different ovarian cancer surgery procedures, including:
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the cervix and uterus
- Partial hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one ovary and its connecting fallopian tube
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Omentectomy – Removal of the fat pad that covers the intestines within the abdomen
- Lymph node dissection – Removal of lymph nodes in the para-aortic and pelvic areas
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removal of as much of the tumor as possible, which sometimes includes nearby organs like the gallbladder, spleen, stomach, bladder or colon
Furthermore, Moffitt can help women in Delray and surrounding south Florida communities find accommodations through our partnerships with many nearby hotels. Not only do our partners offer discounted rates for Moffitt patients, but they also adhere to our strict infection control and hygiene standards, so ovarian cancer patients with compromised immune systems can have the peace of mind knowing that they can easily find suitable accommodations.
For more information on ovarian cancer surgery and other treatment options available at Moffitt Cancer Center for women throughout Delray, FL, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete our online new patient registration form. Remember, no referral is necessary to meet with any of our oncologists specializing in ovarian cancer.