The Moffitt Innovators of Tomorrow (MIOT) Symposium is a competitive program that provides promising predoctoral students and recent doctoral graduates with a complimentary trip to Tampa, Florida to visit our campus, present their research, meet our faculty and learn about our postdoctoral training opportunities.
Research at Moffitt
Moffitt Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida and is among the top cancer centers nationwide. Our faculty and program support staff are committed to providing postdoctoral researchers with the mentorship, funding and networking opportunities and professional development needed to prepare them for a successful career.
Our researchers are contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer in the following areas:
- Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Drug Discovery
- Health Outcomes and Behavior
- Integrated Mathematical Oncology
- Machine Learning
- Metabolism and Physiology
- Molecular Oncology
- Tumor Biology
Invited attendees will give oral research presentations, tour our campus, attend faculty research presentations, learn about our robust research resources and support services, network with current Moffitt postdoctoral fellows, attend a professional development seminar led by Moffitt faculty, learn about our postdoctoral training programs, meet one-on-one with faculty members, and do some sight-seeing in downtown Tampa.
Complimentary travel and lodging:
- Roundtrip domestic flight to Tampa International Airport
- Two-night stay in a private hotel room
- Local transportation
- Attendee research presentations
- Faculty research presentations
- Professional development seminar
- Tour of research facilities
- Reception with Moffitt researchers
- Dinner in downtown Tampa
- Individual meetings with faculty members
Eligibility and Selection
Predoctoral students in their final two years of study and recent doctoral graduates within one year of their graduation date are welcome to apply. Applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in applied cancer research in one of the areas listed above. Researchers who identify with an underrepresented population are especially encouraged to apply.
Selection is competitive, and applications will be reviewed by a committee of Moffitt faculty and administrators on a rolling basis.
To apply, visit the online application and provide the following:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
- Recommendation letter from your current PI
- List of Moffitt faculty members you are interested in meeting with one-on-one
For more information, please contact OPA@Moffitt.org.