Become a Moffitt Postdoc
Are you interested in a career in cancer research? If you have completed your Ph.D. (or equivalent terminal degree in your field), then Postdoctoral Training at Moffitt Cancer Center may be for you. Find current postdoc job openings.
There are several federally-funded training grant programs at Moffitt. These formal programs are specifically designed to advance key fields in cancer research. Please check individual program descriptions for eligibility and application information.
In addition to the formal, advertised positions at Moffitt, many of our faculty are always looking to add promising young talent to their research teams. We encourage you to directly contact our faculty to ask about the possibility of joining their labs.
In order to help facilitate your search for postdoc opportunities, we also invite you to share your CV with us. Your CV will be made available to all Moffitt faculty, who can review it and contact you if they think you would be a good fit for their research team.
Why Choose Moffitt?
There are many reasons to choose Moffitt Cancer Center as the place for your postdoctoral training:
- Moffitt Cancer Center is ranked No. 8 on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals for Cancer rankings in 2019.
- Moffitt is the only NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center based in the state of Florida
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site enables translational research that would be impossible at other research centers.
- It is home to Florida’s largest cancer clinical research unit, with over 600 active interventional trials
- Moffitt directly employs over 150 faculty representing a diverse group of scientists and physicians, all dedicated to cancer research.
- Moffitt Cancer Center is located within the coastal community of Tampa Bay, adjacent to the University of South Florida.
It is the mission of the OPA to provide an environment where fellows from all over the world feel comfortable, understood, and involved, making their postdoctoral experience more personally and professionally gratifying. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.