Radiation Oncology Program
Moffitt Cancer Center's radiation therapy program is a collaborative effort of some of the most experienced radiation oncologists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists, physicists, nursing specialists and supportive care professionals in the nation. With a single referral, physicians can send a patient to our American College of Radiology (ACR)-accredited facilities, where his or her treatment plan will be created and carried out by more than a dozen different experts and reviewed each week by an integrative tumor board.
No matter which treatments a patient requires, our center is outfitted with the specialized equipment necessary to provide them, including Trilogy, Truebeam, MRIdian, Novalis, Oncor and Clinac machines. Our equipment meets or exceeds the quality assurance and safety and efficacy guidelines established by the ACR, ensuring an optimal experience for each patient.
However, at Moffitt, we understand that it's the team, not just the machine, that equates to superior treatment. Each of our team members has a dedicated field of focus, allowing us to select the treatments and technologies that offer the most promise for every patient’s unique diagnosis. This individualized approach helps us improve outcomes, limit side effects, enhance quality of life and achieve exceptional patient satisfaction rates.
Services available through Moffitt's Radiation Oncology Program include:
- Brachytherapy (including intracavitary, interstitial, mammosite and radioembolization options)
- MRI-Linac, combining an MRI scanner with a linear accelerator in a single system
- CT-driven virtual simulations
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- INTRABEAM® intraoperative breast cancer radiation treatment
- Linear accelerator/in-room CT
- On-board imaging
- Pathology services
- Nutrition consults
- Radiopharmaceuticals (including Zevalin, Bexxar, Quadramet, Metastron and Alpha Radin)
- Respiratory gating and breath hold treatment
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Three- and four-dimensional computerized radiation therapy (3D CRT and 4D CRT)
- Total body irradiation (TBI)
- Total skin electron therapy (TSET)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
To refer a patient to Moffitt's Radiation Oncology Program, complete our online form or contact a physician liaison for assistance or support. We respond to most online referrals on the same business day in which they are received, helping to shorten referral times and give patients prompt access to life-changing treatment.