Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Preparing for Your Radiology Appointment
If a patient is recommended to have further testing or imaging scans done after a virtual visit, rest assured Moffitt Cancer Center is committed to the health and safety of our patients, their families and our team members. In response to COVID-19, we are taking all necessary precautions consistent with the advice from the CDC. Moffitt is the safest place for cancer patients to receive the highest level of diagnostic imaging and radiology services.
Patients who are unable to travel to Moffitt for upcoming appointments should contact their health care team via the Patient Portal to determine if you are eligible for telemedicine, virtual visits and other options, and to determine next steps for care.
We ask that patients please follow the instructions provided to you by our scheduling coordinators. Our coordinators work side-by-side with our radiologists and will provide specific instructions regarding your appointments.
Many of our online resources provide general information that give you an idea of what to expect, but our coordinators will provide specific details that will be pertinent to your personal imaging.
Arriving for Your Appointment:
The appointment time given to you by the scheduler is your arrival time, not your imaging time. On average, the time you are given is 30 to 45 minutes before your actual appointment. This allows time for you to register and complete any processes needed before your exam. It is important for you to arrive at the time assigned to ensure your visit goes well.
When You Arrive:
- Please park in the free gold valet
- Use the B elevator to the third floor
- Stop at our reception desk to receive your pager and further instructions
*Patients having a PET/CT - It is best to arrive in the blue valet and stop at the registration desk near the garage opening on the first floor.
- You may self-park in the garage or use the free valet
- Stop at the first floor desk to receive your pager and further instructions
- General imaging is located on the first floor and breast imaging is on the third floor
Moffitt at International Plaza
- Please self-park
- Stop at the express check-in desk. You will receive further instructions based on how long it has been since your last visit to Moffitt Cancer Center.
University Diagnostic Institute
- Please self-park
- Stop at the front desk to check in and receive further instructions