Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Questions to Ask Your Uterine Cancer Specialist
When you receive treatment from a uterine cancer specialist, you have a unique opportunity to benefit from the advice and recommendations of a medical professional who has spent his or her entire career focusing on your specific diagnosis. One of the best ways to take advantage of this expertise is to create a list of questions that you want to ask at each appointment, starting with your very first visit. This can help you feel more involved in the process, more confident in your decisions and more prepared for whatever may come next.
What you need to know about uterine cancer treatment
If you’re not sure what sort of questions you should ask your uterine cancer specialist, the following topics can help you get a conversation started:
- Can you explain my diagnosis to me? What do you mean by the “type” and “stage” of my cancer?
- What do you think my prognosis is, based on the specifics of my diagnosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- Is there a benefit to using one treatment first and then getting started on another one?
- What impact will these treatments have on my ability to have children in the future? Are there are any options for preserving my fertility?
- What sort of side effects might I experience during or after treatment? Are there ways to prevent or alleviate them?
- What are clinical trials and are there any that you believe are suitable for me? What are the pros and cons of participating in a research study?
- Are there any things I should be doing to increase the likelihood of a positive outcome?
- What are the chances of the cancer coming back after my treatment is completed? Are there any symptoms I should be especially careful to watch for?
No matter what your specific concerns are, you should feel fully comfortable bringing them up with your uterine cancer specialist. Getting the answers you deserve is important.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, you’ll be encouraged to be an active participant in your treatment. The uterine cancer specialists in our gynecologic clinic are here to provide honest, easy-to-understand answers and individualized treatment. To request an appointment, call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online. No referral is required.