If you recently completed your cancer treatment, good for you! It's time to pause and take stock in what you have accomplished. Your cancer journey is not over though, you most likeley still have a lot of questions and concerns. As you embark on this new chapter as a cancer survivor, your physician will be an excellent resource for information on how to achieve and maintain your optimum health.
Where to begin
When discussing your next steps with your physician, you may want to ask some of the following questions:
- When can I expect to begin feeling like myself again?
- What is my follow-up care plan?
- Will I need to continue to see you or other physicians and, if so, how often?
- Which monitoring and screening tests should I have, and how often?
- How likely is it that my cancer will come back?
- Which signs and symptoms should I watch for?
- What steps can I take to lower my risk of cancer recurrence?
- Will I experience any long-term health effects related to my cancer or its treatment?
- What steps can I take to stay as healthy as possible?
- Can you recommend a support group where I can share my experiences with others who have faced similar situations?
Survivorship care at Moffitt
To enhance the lives of cancer patients throughout their transition from treatment to survivorship and beyond, Moffitt Cancer Center has established a comprehensive Survivorship Clinic. Our compassionate supportive care professionals can provide all of the education, expertise and support needed to manage any issues related to cancer survivorship.
Whether or not you were treated at Moffitt, you are welcome to take advantage of the helpful resources within our Survivorship Clinic. To learn more or request an appointment, call 1-888-663-3488.