Molecular Oncology News Archive
- Congratulations to the Molecular Oncology Research In Progress Seminar Series Award winners for first quarter of 2018:
o Senior Trainee Award to Marco Napoli, PhD, Postdoc Fellow, Flores Lab
o Junior Trainee Award to Nicholas Gimbrone, Grad Student, Cress Lab
- Congratulations to the Molecular Oncology Annual Departmental Retreat poster and oral presentation award winners
• Oral presentation award:
o Qing Yin, PhD, Postdoc Fellow, Wan Lab
• Poster presentation awards:
o Brook Nepon-Sixt, PhD, Postdoc Fellow, Alexandrow Lab
o Ngoc Bui, Grad Student, Flores Lab
o Xiaobo Li, PhD, Postdoc Fellow, Flores Lab
o Ioannis Grammatikis, PhD, Research Scientist, Flores Lab
o Nate Ward, PhD, Postdoc Fellow, DeNicola Lab
- Nick Gimbrone (Cress lab) published a paper in Journal of Thoracic Oncology entitled "Somatic Mutations and Ancestry Markers in Hispanic Lung Cancer Patients." Nick’s paper was highlighted in an Editorial at JTO.
- Melissa Hoffman (Koomen lab) published a paper in the Journal of Proteome Research entitled "Comparison of Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Platforms for Monitoring Kinase ATP Probe Uptake in Lung Cancer."
- Hussein Abbas (Flores lab) published a chapter in Cancer Research entitled "Distinct TP63 isoform-driven transcriptional signatures predict tumor progression and clinical outcomes."
- Justin Newberg (labs of Karen Mann, PhD and Michael Mann, PhD) published a paper in Nucleic Acid Research entitled "SBCDDB: Sleeping Beauty Cancer Driver Database for gene discovery in mouse models of human cancers." Check out the SBCDDB here.
- Marco Napoli, PhD (Flores lab) published an outlook in Genes & Development entitled "Another case for diet restriction: TAp73-expressing medulloblastomas are stunted by glutamine withdrawal."
- Michael Mann, PhD was awarded a Moffitt Skin Cancer SPORE Career Enhancement Program Grant.
- Karen Mann, PhD was awarded an American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant.
- Yi Chen (Koomen lab) published a chapter in Methods in Molecular Biology entitled "Multiplexed Liquid Chromatography-Multiple Reaction Monitoring Mass Spectrometry Quantification of Cancer Signaling Proteins."
- Gary Reuther, PhD together with Nicholas Lawrence and Ernst Schonbrunn (both in the Drug Discovery Department) were awarded a Screen to Lead Program grant from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Justin Newberg, PhD (labs of Karen Mann, PhD and Michael Mann, PhD), Brook Nepon-Sixt, PhD (Alexandrow Lab), Marco Napoli, PhD (Flores Lab), Rahul Checker, PhD (Flores Lab), Ngoc Bui (Flores Lab), and Andrew Davis (Flores Lab) were awarded poster prizes ad the Moffitt Cancer Biology & Evolution Symposium.
- Molecular Oncology participates in Miles for Moffitt to raise funds for research.
- Florian Karreth, PhD was awarded a Young Investigator Award from the Melanoma Research Alliance.
- Xiaohua Su (Flores lab) published a chapter in Oncogene entitled "TAp63 suppresses mammary tumorigenesis through regulation of the Hippo pathway."
- Paul Stewart (Koomen lab) published a paper in Proteomics entitled "Relative protein quantification and accessible biology in lung tumor proteomes from four LC-MS/MS discovery platforms."
- Yi Chen (Koomen lab) published a chapter in Proteomics entitled "Quantitative proteomics of breast tumors: Tissue quality assessment to clinical biomarkers."
- 1st Annual Molecular Oncology Department Retreat held at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club.
- Marco Napoli, PhD (Flores lab) published a review in the British Journal of Cancer entitled "The p53 family orchestrates the regulation of metabolism: physiological regulation and implications for cancer therapy."